`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That signing was a waste of money

RE: That signing was a waste of money
Yes Oswalt is a No. 4 or 5 in Philly where they have the 3 best, or near the best, pitchers in the game in Doc, C Lee and Hamels.

Oswalt is better than anything Texas has, except for maybe Holland. But none of Texas' pitchers have won big games (DS, CS, WS). That's where we missed Cliff Lee last season. He could win the big game, just didn't have anyone else that could.
(01-18-2012, 05:23 PM)lobos1974 Wrote: I think you are way off base on this one. Darvish may not end up being worth the money, but lets wait and see. He is unlike most of the pitchers from Japan. Keep in mind that he is 6'5" or 6'6" and has nine pitches he can throw for strikes. In total, they ended up paying a little more than they would have for CJ and got a guy 7 years younger and with better talent. With extra cash from 2 World Series appearances and a new TV deal, it's worth the gamble on what could end up being a top 5 pitcher in the big leagues. I also don't buy the arguement that he has only faced Japanese batters. Who else was he going to face pitching in Japan? Let's at least wait and see before declaring him a bust.

I didn't declare he was a bust. I just don't think he's worth $111 million over 6 years which is what he costs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: That signing was a waste of money - by crazyforkinsler5 - 01-18-2012, 05:25 PM
RE: That signing was a waste of money - by djohn - 01-18-2012, 06:39 PM