`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That signing was a waste of money

That signing was a waste of money
The Rangers just signed Darvish a few minutes ago. Basically the deal is 6 years, $111 million. It breaks down to $51.7 million to negotiate with him and the actual contract is 6 years and $60 million.

That's an absolute waste of cash in my opinion. I had hoped the Rangers were smarter than this. Darvish has been pitching in Japan. The world's best hitters are in the major leagues. So Darvish hasn't faced talent like he'll see in the MLB.

I know he had a miniscule ERA in Japan and struck out all these guys in so many innings. But if they were that great then why weren't they in the MLB.

And by the way I'm glad the Rangers aren't going to sign Fielder now. That's another waste of cash. Fielder will only be healthy for another 4-5 years at the most because of his weight. So it would've been a waste.

Darvish's signing means Feliz goes back to the pen where he belongs and some team will get Ogando at a steal. He was a solid pitcher and getting stronger since it was his first year out of the pen. Now someone will pick him up and the Rangers will get nothing in return. They still need to sign Oswalt to have a solid No. 1 until this unproven Japanese guy proves himself against MLB hitters.

Dang I'm upset right now. Sorry for the rant. Your thoughts?

Messages In This Thread
That signing was a waste of money - by crazyforkinsler5 - 01-18-2012, 05:09 PM
RE: That signing was a waste of money - by djohn - 01-18-2012, 06:39 PM