`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Face masks

RE: Face masks
They're mandatory in my area. I just keep one in the car and put it on when I go in.

It's not a big deal, and anyone that argues with store employees over it is just an a--hole.

I also don't judge those who do or don't.

Simpleton ... GTFO of here with the "your country" BS ... no one wants it or needs it.

Bullets78 ... anyone that is working to provide for their family is essential. Very regrettable our government chose that word to describe service-based occupations.

Whodey ... yes, retail has been greatly affected everywhere as far as card supply. I have a feeling that the stores have been cutting back on ordering non-essential items and/or the contractors that stock the cards have cut back on their trips into the stores for safety reasons.

And yes, you are correct, on the rare occasions that the cards are re-stocked, there are losers who stalk the distributors and wait for them to put the products out so that they can hoard all of it.

Example ... I walked into Target this morning and there was a guy and I assumed his kid waiting for the card lady.

The kid was probably 15 or so and says to me, "You looking for Bowman or Mosaic (basketball)?"

I'm like, "why, do you have any?"

The dad just kind of snickered this little Beavis and Butthead laugh and I realized their combined IQs were about 60.

Then I'm like, "nah, I grabbed a couple of Bowman last week and pulled both Dominguez cards, so I'm good."

Then the kid was like, "Blasters? They haven't come out yet."

So then I got my phone out with the Dominguez photos from last week's box breaks post and was like, "OK, I guess I'm making it up then," and walked away.

Beavis and Butthead were just stunned and were grumbling to each other as I left the store.

The sharks have definitely never been talented and now I have confirmed they're not that bright, either.

Shouldn't that kid have been in online school anyway? It was like 10 in the morning on a Thursday.

rjcj2017 Wrote:Shouldn't that kid have been in online school anyway? It was like 10 in the morning on a Thursday.
He was in school..learning how to be a scammer and loser from the best teacher there is..his father (assuming here).
Next week..how to search packs without regard to destroying cards for other people
Then the final exam..buying blasters, removing the packs and replacing with crap, resealing and returning for credit.

Sorry..way off topic!!

bonds20001 Wrote:He was in school..learning how to be a scammer and loser from the best teacher there is..his father (assuming here).
Next week..how to search packs without regard to destroying cards for other people
Then the final exam..buying blasters, removing the packs and replacing with crap, resealing and returning for credit.

Sorry..way off topic!!
LOL ... loved every word of it.

I came thiiiiiis close to saying to the kid, "Son, I've been coming to this Target since before you were born," but that would just make me feel and sound really old ... even if it is true.

Although, now I'm curious ... what if there is some Mosaic basketball sitting there as we speak? On some odd chance they didn't clear it out and if it actually even showed up? Hmmm.

DrMitchJ Wrote:That’s not very fair.
First, Most of those deaths are concentrated in NYC and a high percentage of those are of an elderly infirm population that were erroneously (purposefully??) exposed when covid19 infected residents were reintroduced to a susceptible population when returned prematurely to their retirement home. 
Second, Wayne’s choice of not going to places where a mask is required is a very conscientious decision to not put others at risk by not going there unmasked.
+1

interesting to read this thread...it sort of made me think it's ok here for us to share our experiences of daily life..yeah it's not baseball and it's not the "hobby" but it is how we can deal with the changes that are happening in our lives.

mistral38 Wrote:interesting to read this thread...it sort of made me think it's ok here for us to share our experiences of daily life..yeah it's not baseball and it's not the "hobby" but it is how we can deal with the changes that are happening in our lives.
And besides that, it’s been 2 frickin’ months without baseball! What ELSE do we have to talk about? Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

DrMitchJ Wrote:And besides that, it’s been 2 frickin’ months without baseball! What ELSE do we have to talk about? Smile
I'm watching Minneapolis literally burn. That's a nice change of pace.
Kepler

I wear one regardless due to my medical conditions. I'm like that rap song Black and yellow, black and yellow... Old and broken, old and broken....
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

Children up to age 17 - optional at discretion of parent(s)
Adults up to age 65 - optional
Adults with medical conditions - mandatory
Adults age 65 and over - mandatory
Ugly people - mandatory

JK

jaredhuizenga Wrote:I'm watching Minneapolis literally burn. That's a nice change of pace.
Man, I saw that last night, was thinking about you and Kerry ... scary stuff and very sad situation all around.

The more this goes on the more I feel like we're all just living in a bad movie, but instead of it lasting two hours it's lasted more like two months.