`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
10+ YEAR COLLECTIONS

RE: 10+ YEAR COLLECTIONS
After reading this post I would love to get back stories on why these particular players or teams?

Some of these players never really made it or are even in the NFL anymore so why choose that particular player?

My guess is alot of people went to same college or grew up in the same town as the player.
[Image: 49ers.jpg]

http://s470.photobucket.com/albums/rr70/brett031382/

Super collecting 2008 Leaf Certified, Patrick Willis and multi color patch autos

16 years and going on my Fred Taylor collection, crazy how fast time flies!

Been collecting Favre since 1992 and now have over 7,000 unique cards, which is slightly over half of his Beckett-listed stuff. Although I have a number of unlisted variations and things so maybe the true number is around half. It's never-ending, which I think for me is part of the appeal. Started collecting post-1992 University of Washington alums in the mid-90s and have never really stopped that. I like that you can usually find low #'d rare cards of scrubbies for next to nothing. I don't know the difference between collecting and supercollecting but I just want it all, LOL.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

(02-27-2014, 01:17 PM)uwash97 Wrote: Been collecting Favre since 1992 and now have over 7,000 unique cards, which is slightly over half of his Beckett-listed stuff. Although I have a number of unlisted variations and things so maybe the true number is around half. It's never-ending, which I think for me is part of the appeal. Started collecting post-1992 University of Washington alums in the mid-90s and have never really stopped that. I like that you can usually find low #'d rare cards of scrubbies for next to nothing. I don't know the difference between collecting and supercollecting but I just want it all, LOL.
I think you bought a favre off me like a month ago...if you ebay name is the same as your ID here
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(02-27-2014, 01:33 PM)chads-cards Wrote: I think you bought a favre off me like a month ago...if you ebay name is the same as your ID here
Sure did! I think it was this one.

2000 Playoff Momentum Generations Gold #GN-8 Brett Favre
NFT | Serial Number: 21/50
[Image: ba96741b.jpg]
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

Yep that was it haha
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

I collected Detroit Lions (Charlie Batch, Herman Moore, and Chris Claiborne) up until 2002. Barry Sanders exclusively after. Like everyone, I have my collecting ups and downs. The newer cards (College) just don't interest me much. However, the cards that do, is the tough cards from the late 90's. Recently looking up some cards that have been buried away and finding old 97 playoff gold is a great feeling.

Up until 2000-01, I collected all the main players (Favre, Marino, Elway, Young, Emmitt, Bettis, TD, Eddie George, Rice, etc), but narrowed it down to Brunell. So I been collecting him since 1999 and exclusively since 2001. I never get tired of trying to finds items I still need.

Nowadays, I just do a couple of side sets that keep my searches varied Tongue
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

That is why I picked Quinton Patton. He isn't a big hit, now, but I can afford his stuff. The most it has cost me for one of his cards was $40. It was for his 2013 Topps Chrome Red Refractor # 181 Quinton Patton /25. The rest has been fairly cheap. So I will continue pickup up his stuff while I can afford to. Once his stuff becomes to rich for my blood, I will pick another player.
Quinton Patton's GU and Autos

I've been collecting Jerome Bettis for 20 years now.....wow...I feel old.
I collect just about anything Jerome Bettis!
3,354 different Jerome Bettis cards as of 2/22/2016.