`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
10+ YEAR COLLECTIONS

RE: 10+ YEAR COLLECTIONS
(02-26-2014, 05:10 PM)crpalmi Wrote: Not far behind you as I started collecting the Browns RC Charlie Frye in 2005. Was hopeful he'd be the guy and bought everything I could find. A little different than your collection in that I only focus on his 2005 rookie year stuff but have not stopped hoarding since. It's kind of fun having your own little collecting niche so I'm just fine that not many (there are a few) people collecting him. Keep up with the collection, I've seen it on some other sites and it looks awesome!
Much appreciated...as most people skip over any collection that is not of a current star or hofer. Ill have to check my stuff to see if I have anything noteworthy of frye
(02-26-2014, 05:10 PM)enricoramirez Wrote: I have been collecting Vince Young since the beginning. Its a lot cheaper now! My focus is still getting the autos. I am at 499 and will be getting a "special" auto coming in soon. When that comes in as I have promised to some......I will post all 5oo different/unique autos.
Dang cant wait to see those
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

I did/have my fred taylor collection. I find an add every so often, though I am in no means no longer a "super collector" as I remember trying for every 1/1 and realized it wasn't going to happen so quickly narrowed it to auto's, gu and #d to 25 or less
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

I've been on the Marino master set quest since 1995, Steve Young since 2000. It's a lot of fun until you hit the wall... then it gets frustrating. I've built the #1 Marino and Young registry sets, but there are still a BUNCH of cards to get listed. I'm hoping for another 10 years... time will tell. I did burn out between 2006 and 2009 so stay with it... I'm sure I missed a lot in those three years.
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

See... That was when it was easiest for me to find rare odd balls for cheap. My biggest regret during hat time span? A 1996 stadium club Sunday night redemption was listed as a jumbo stadium chrome for $6 dlvd. Didn't know the set until much later, and I even had an isaac Bruce for years!!!

I pretty much have collected Marino since 1989. I became super hardcore around 2004 as I realized that was all I truly cared about.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 SPX Radiance /100
1997 Upper Deck MVPs Gold /100
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25

Let me know if you have any available.

Been collecting Jackson since I first pulled his Fleer Inscribed Gold /199 out of a Walmart blaster in 2004, so exactly 10 years on and off. Went on tangents with Donald Brown, some Rams RC scrubs, but always stayed with Jax. Would love to meet him someday. Was in the Supercollector mag a few months ago with the collection, and I've added a ton since.
Steven Jackson Collection
Total cards = 1,648
Autos = 376
Patches = 341
1/1’s = 94
Full rainbows = 24!

Ive been collecting the Saints since I graduated from high school (1985)
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

(02-26-2014, 09:34 PM)duch2izback Wrote: Ive been collecting the Saints since I graduated from high school (1985)
And that's why your collection is huge! And I don't know if you remember but when I first joined the site I picked up 3 colberts off of you for some LSU players. To this day I have not seen those colberts again...so thanks again for adding to my collection.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

I began collecting Edge in 2003 when I started college...something to keep me in the dorm instead of at parties (ok, so it only kind of worked). I liked Marv, but his stuff didn't excite me. Reggie was still kind of an unknown quantity at the time, and Peyton was (and still is) WAY more than I could afford. Edgerrin's cards brought the wow, he was a quality player that I dug watching, and his stuff was affordable. Since then I've wanted to "super collect" him, but I'm dead set on completing this rookie set. So, most of my time and resources go to that year... though it may take me another twenty years before I've got all 474(+).

I solely collected Hartline going on 6 season.. Same thing as some stated, my first year I was very very naive to hobby and I let some cards go. Haven't seen them since that time..it took a good year to realize that you may have 3 cards of the same product /10 pop up and another product have 0. Some sweet 2009 rookie cards that I'll probably never see again. There's even some /25 cards I've never seen. I got a absolute /50 that was the first one I've ever seen. Outside the rare cards and /1s, collectors don't find value in him so they tuck away all these gems lol

Ha. That's the problem with me - I rarely stop collecting anybody. Though I have been weening greatly the past couple years. Not so with my Bailey collection - but I refocused my Steve Largent collection and my Steve Yzerman one as well. But I will happily share with you all of my collections that have been raging since the late 80's, all of which are still going strong.

http://chief7575.webs.com/index.html
[Image: 00PandPSigpiece2_2424.jpg]

Collecting: Travis Fryman, Champ Bailey, Steve
Largent, Steve Yzerman, Brian Holzinger, Mike Johnson and Jordan Sigalet.