`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread!

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread!
Here are the scans of the correct version and the variation version

[Image: 5012.jpg]

[Image: 5013.jpg]

[Image: 5014.jpg]

[Image: 5015.jpg]

[Image: 5016.jpg]

only one that I haven't been able to confirm is the Chad Fox

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

RE: 2004 Topps "53 years" variations

It's kind of odd how all the examples above (except B. Anderson) are pre-posed shots. I am going to a shop today and I'm going to see if I can locate any of these. Very interesting variation, I wonder if it affects every card or just the pre-posed ones?

darthtampon Wrote:Need
1981 Topps: several cards can be found without their top black border N/A
1982 Topps Blackless: Missing the black ink on front unsure if any Ryans are affected by this
1982 Topps Blueless: Missing the blue ink on front same as above
1986 Topps Mini Leaders: dull or glossy finish likely but unsure
1987 Donruss Copyright '86 or '87 or no copyright on back This is supposed to be sportflics
1988 Topps Big: Most cards can be found with multiple print desinations (ex: E* and F*). I probably have these for you
1988 Donruss: Partial or missing copyright/TM on fronts N/A
cards can be found where a part of the print designation has been poorly airbrushed away.
1989 Score Promos/No Copyright: Missing copyright on back-bottom exists-on ebay recently
1990 Bowman 1st printing/2nd printing: airbushed uniforms, backgrounds I'll check on this
1990 Donruss Splatter variations: factory and wax/rack/cello versions differ
1990 Donruss Grand Slammers: with or without black bars in back borders N/A
1991 Stadium Club: most (possibly all) cards come in 2 different print designations (ex: A* and B*) Let me know which you have, I may have the other
1991 Donruss Border variations: Factory and wax/rack/cello versions differ exist
1991 Upper Deck: Holograms on back come in three different ways: 90-91-style (used for hi# 90-91 Hockey), likely exists, I'll see what I can find
1992 Investors Journals: Blue, Gold, Purple borders unsure
1992 Topps McDonald's : single asterisk or double asterisk (* or **) exists
1992 Leaf Black Gold: Some, possibly all can be found in INC and INC. versions
1994 Upper Deck Electric Diamond: some, possibly all series 1 cards come in a "silver" version where the stat heading bar on back is silver instead or bronze

1990 Fleer Canadian: copyright on back notes being printed in Canada on this limited release

This is a set issued in canada. Alot like OPC to topps. I would not consider this a veriation. I could however use this
[Image: 458b.jpg]

1990 Fleer Canadian 636 300 Strikeout ClubMike Scott

Also if I could get some verification that a nolan ryan card doesexist on the list I need. I can shoot partual or full sets of errors that I have, for holes you can fill.

jacksoncoupage Wrote:RE: 2004 Topps "53 years" variations

It's kind of odd how all the examples above (except B. Anderson) are pre-posed shots. I am going to a shop today and I'm going to see if I can locate any of these. Very interesting variation, I wonder if it affects every card or just the pre-posed ones?
I recall when I opened these in 2004 They were averaging about 1 per box, it was only in series 2 though, I haven't found any in series 1.

I originally thought that maybe a sheet that was supposed to be made into the gold cards somehow escaped the gold foil coating, but considering the numbering on the cards, it couldn't have just been one sheet

Lee #383,
Daubach #435
Lidle #528
fox #543
Everett #566
Anderson #627
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

So if i'm reading this right,the 92 stadium club come with the A or B?I have the Nolan Ryan with a C on it from 92 stadium club.

I found these while going through my 91 fleer Greenwell's...Notice how one has the coloringon the career totals and one is white.Anybody have these from 91?Also check the one on the left at the bottom has 3 periods at the end,the one on the right has only 1 period.

[Image: Picture062.jpg]

Here is a scan of the 92 stadium club with the C instead of the A or B.

[Image: Picture063.jpg]

Regarding '92 Stadium Club, I don't think it's that the only variations are A/B - your Ryans may come in C/D or something like that. I've got Topps Big from '88 and '90 that are C*/D* and E*/F* respectively. Because your Ryans are print C, I'd be looking around for D variations.

Wow...I finally got a chance to go through my late 80s and early 90s George Brett dupes and I identified 11 extra variations that I didn't even know existed!

I have:

1989 Donruss Denotes* Inc
1989 Donruss Denotes* Inc.
1989 Donruss *Denotes* Inc.
1989 Donruss Bonus Card BC7 Denotes* Inc
1989 Donruss Bonus Card BC7 Denotes* Inc.
1989 Donruss Bonus Card BC7 *Denotes* Inc.
1990 Donruss Inc
1990 Donruss Inc.
1991 Donruss Base Inc
1991 Donruss Base Inc.
1991 Donruss MVPs Inc
1991 Donruss MVPs Inc.
1991 Fleer Stat Line Location Variation First Line
1991 Fleer Stat Line Location Variation Fourth Line
1992 Donruss Inc
1992 Donruss Inc.
1992 Leaf Inc
1992 Leaf Inc.
1992 Stadium Club Print Designation E
1992 Stadium Club Print Designation F

Now if only I hadn't sold 2000+ of my dupes from this era few months ago...Oh well, I have most of the variations listed.

Scott

Something new to look for, 2000 UD Base, First name missing? Its actually there but mostly covered by the gold foil, you cna see some white humps of the name there. I have about 20 of these so there must be more. Have fun!

[Image: img571.jpg]

Here is an error that interests me:

[Image: File0177.jpg]