`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread!

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread!
I'll throw in my 2 cents for the minor league collectors. There are so many errors/variations that it'd take a very long time, but here's a few:

1996 Signature Rookies Old Jduge - Autographed base cards come with or without a small oval Signature Rookies hologram on back.

1994 Classic- Rondell White Autographed card comes in three versions: numbered on front XXXX/2880, unnumbered and as a redemption numbered on back as XXXX/2880R. Michael Tucker also has regular and redemption versions.

Side note: Classic distributed 1994 Classic Best Gold autographed cards (unnumbered with no authenticity label whatsoever on the cards) as replacement cards for the redemptions in the Update boxes, which came one per box, due to the high volume of redeemed cards. I used to have the apology letter, but can't seem to find it at the moment. I believe there were around 12 players, including Mike Bell, Andre King and John Wasdin for sure.

1996 Best Player of the Year - All of the Andruw Jones subset autographed cards are numbered "1/500", instead of "1/500", "47/500", "325/500", etc.

I broke a case of 1997 Best Signature Series and half of the Andre King autographed cards were signed and the other half were not.

Once I get settled back into the house I'll find them and post scans. More to come...

Have
1987 Donruss Backs: Reverse backs
[Image: 320b.jpg][Image: 8276b.jpg]

1988 Donruss Borders: Factory borders/back text differ from wax/rack/cellos
[Image: 347f.jpg][Image: 7859f.jpg]

1989 Donruss INC/INC. : in copyright on back
1989 Donruss Denotes*/*Denotes* : in stat box on back
[Image: 396b.jpg][Image: 8287b.jpg][Image: 8288b.jpg][Image: 8289b.jpg]

1990 Bowman Art Cards: single or double asterisk on back (* or **)
[Image: 8296b.jpg][Image: 433b.jpg]

1990 Donruss INC/INC. : in copyright on back
[Image: 444b.jpg][Image: 8282b.jpg]
[Image: 445b.jpg][Image: 8283b.jpg]
[Image: 446b.jpg][Image: 8284b.jpg]
[Image: 8285b.jpg][Image: 8286b.jpg]

1991 Donruss INC/INC. Noticeable by the lighter and darker cardstock
[Image: 596b.jpg][Image: 8291b.jpg][Image: 597b.jpg][Image: 8292b.jpg]
[Image: 598b.jpg][Image: 8293b.jpg]

1991 Fleer: due to use of 2 different printers, each card comes in two versions, most very minor
[Image: 601b.jpg][Image: 7772b.jpg]

1991 Upper Deck: Holograms on back come in three different ways: 1990-baseball style (used for 1990 UD baseball), and 1991-style (used for many
[Image: 809b.jpg][Image: 8301b.jpg]

1992 Bowman E*: E* sheet players can be found in an E variation (no asterisk).
[Image: 832b.jpg][Image: 8300b.jpg]

1992 Donruss INC/INC.
[Image: 856b.jpg][Image: 8297b.jpg][Image: 857b.jpg][Image: 8298b.jpg]
[Image: 858b.jpg][Image: 8299b.jpg]

1992 Leaf INC/INC.
[Image: 899b.jpg][Image: 8290b.jpg]

1992 Stadium Club: most (possibly all) cards come in 2 different print designations (ex: A* and B*)
[Image: 1077b.jpg][Image: 8295b.jpg][Image: 1076b.jpg][Image: 8294b.jpg]

Need
1981 Topps: several cards can be found without their top black border
1982 Topps Blackless: Missing the black ink on front
1982 Topps Blueless: Missing the blue ink on front
1986 Topps Mini Leaders: dull or glossy finish
1987 Donruss Copyright '86 or '87 or no copyright on back
1988 Topps Big: Most cards can be found with multiple print desinations (ex: E* and F*). Some
1988 Donruss: Partial or missing copyright/TM on fronts
cards can be found where a part of the print designation has been poorly airbrushed away.
1989 Score Promos/No Copyright: Missing copyright on back-bottom
1990 Bowman 1st printing/2nd printing: airbushed uniforms, backgrounds
1990 Donruss Splatter variations: factory and wax/rack/cello versions differ
1990 Donruss Grand Slammers: with or without black bars in back borders
1991 Stadium Club: most (possibly all) cards come in 2 different print designations (ex: A* and B*)
1991 Donruss Border variations: Factory and wax/rack/cello versions differ
1991 Upper Deck: Holograms on back come in three different ways: 90-91-style (used for hi# 90-91 Hockey),
1992 Investors Journals: Blue, Gold, Purple borders
1992 Topps McDonald's : single asterisk or double asterisk (* or **)
1992 Leaf Black Gold: Some, possibly all can be found in INC and INC. versions
1994 Upper Deck Electric Diamond: some, possibly all series 1 cards come in a "silver" version where the stat heading bar on back is silver instead or bronze

1990 Fleer Canadian: copyright on back notes being printed in Canada on this limited release

This is a set issued in canada. Alot like OPC to topps. I would not consider this a veriation. I could however use this
[Image: 458b.jpg]

1990 Fleer Canadian 636 300 Strikeout ClubMike Scott

Also if I could get some verification that a nolan ryan card doesexist on the list I need. I can shoot partual or full sets of errors that I have, for holes you can fill.

x

Has anybody mentioned the variation in 2004 Topps series 2? On the Bottom of the card it says 53 years of collecting, that is only supposed to be on the gold version. This only happened in Series 2

[Image: 5011.jpg]

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

Shezdoni Wrote:Has anybody mentioned the variation in 2004 Topps series 2? On the Bottom of the card it says 53 years of collecting, that is only supposed to be on the gold version. This only happened in Series 2

[Image: 5011.jpg]
Do these have corrected versions? This is really interesting.

jackson - here's a possibility for the list. I've decided to rescan all my Butlers to full size, plus add scans of cards I've obtained since I last scanned the collection. I came across this '94 Bowman oversized proof that is missing the foil on the front. Not sure what the story was/is with the card, but it is definitely oversized (notice the cropping). Picked it up off the Bay from a guy who seems to come up with stuff like this all the time.

Regular card, followed by the proof. I have a really crappy scanner - sorry about the muddy color.
[Image: Bowman94_F382.jpg] [Image: Bowman94bigproof_F382.jpg]

TNP777 Wrote:jackson - here's a possibility for the list. I've decided to rescan all my Butlers to full size, plus add scans of cards I've obtained since I last scanned the collection. I came across this '94 Bowman oversized proof that is missing the foil on the front. Not sure what the story was/is with the card, but it is definitely oversized (notice the cropping). Picked it up off the Bay from a guy who seems to come up with stuff like this all the time.

Regular card, followed by the proof. I have a really crappy scanner - sorry about the muddy color.
[Image: Bowman94_F382.jpg] [Image: Bowman94bigproof_F382.jpg]
I've got quite a few of these, primarily from Topps Stadium Club. The proof cards seemingly always are missing the emblem foil on front and sometimes even have blank backs. I'll add them to the list of things to scan when my computer is fixed.

I've actually got 13 different oversized "proofs" - 1 from Bowman, 3 from Fleer, 5 from Topps, 2 from Stadium Club and an oddball from one of the playing card sets. I'll be posting them in the weeks to come as I get them scanned.

TNP777 Wrote:I've actually got 13 different oversized "proofs" - 1 from Bowman, 3 from Fleer, 5 from Topps, 2 from Stadium Club and an oddball from one of the playing card sets. I'll be posting them in the weeks to come as I get them scanned.
That sounds like the same grouping I have.

The idea of Proofs has changed over the years, there was a time when they actually used them to adjust the final product.

Please limit the size of your images.
We are having to scroll a full screen right to read the text.
Thanks