`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 3.64 Average
Buckunteer's Mitch Richmond PC: Multidimensional pickup w/ scan 11-22!

RE: buckunteer's Mitch Richmond PC: HUGE add w/ scan 3-4!
Sweet PMG! an interesting nugget for you that most people don't know about the 97-98 Universe PMG's the last 5 print run were all given away in full sets via redemption! That is right 5 lucky people back in 1998 won entire sets! and only SP cards numbered 1 - 45 were inserted into packs.This is why yours is graded 10 mint PSA.It is near impossible for a pack raw PMG regardless of year to grade out high.All of that being said that's an amazing addition!!!
[Image: PennyBannerFinal.gif]

beauty!

Wow! Huge is an understatement. It doesn't get much better that, congrats on landing one of Mitch's NICEST cards. @ Aarhart1985 - I never had heard that. That would be CRAZY to have an entire set of these in that good of condition.

[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

(03-05-2014, 02:17 AM)aarhart1985 Wrote: Sweet PMG! an interesting nugget for you that most people don't know about the 97-98 Universe PMG's the last 5 print run were all given away in full sets via redemption! That is right 5 lucky people back in 1998 won entire sets! and only SP cards numbered 1 - 45 were inserted into packs.This is why yours is graded 10 mint PSA.It is near impossible for a pack raw PMG regardless of year to grade out high.All of that being said that's an amazing addition!!!

Wow seriously? I knew they were condition sensitive, much like their more lauded and sought after red and green PMG cousins if you will, but I had no idea they were given out as a full set. That would literally be worth tens of thousands of dollars in PSA 9s and 10s. Unreal.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(03-05-2014, 02:25 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Wow seriously? I knew they were condition sensitive, much like their more lauded and sought after red and green PMG cousins if you will, but I had no idea they were given out as a full set. That would literally be worth tens of thousands of dollars in PSA 9s and 10s. Unreal.
Yep! do you remember the fleer/skybox cards that you could pull with the letters on them? I think most of them were found in 1997-98 Z-Force and you would have to spell something and 1 letter was impossible to find because there were only 5 made.Once you put the word together you sent it into Fleer for a complete set of 1997-98 Metal Universe PMG's 46-50 print run.I imagine someone is still probably sitting on 1 complete set and has no idea what they have in value lol.Have noticed at least 3 of them have been broken up.

Here is a link to a complete set that someone sold here in Michigan

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-98-Metal-Un...0917474742

RE: buckunteer's Mitch Richmond PC: HUGE add on page 16 w/ scan 3-4!
Very nice!
-Aries
The Zodiac Collection
Boston Celtics Auto's Past & Present Super Collector
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156376773@...0713393666

RE: buckunteer's Mitch Richmond PC: HUGE add on page 16 w/ scan 3-4!
Nasty PMG! That is one good looking card, great pick up.
NBA 50 GREATEST AUTOGRAPHS - 48/50 - 96%

50 Greatest still need - Chamberlin, Maravich.

(03-05-2014, 02:42 PM)aarhart1985 Wrote: Yep! do you remember the fleer/skybox cards that you could pull with the letters on them? I think most of them were found in 1997-98 Z-Force and you would have to spell something and 1 letter was impossible to find because there were only 5 made.Once you put the word together you sent it into Fleer for a complete set of 1997-98 Metal Universe PMG's 46-50 print run.I imagine someone is still probably sitting on 1 complete set and has no idea what they have in value lol.Have noticed at least 3 of them have been broken up.

Here is a link to a complete set that someone sold here in Michigan

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-98-Metal-Un...0917474742
That's the same seller that I got the Richmond from. You think maybe someone didn't pay up and they broke it off and sold them individually? If you check their current stuff for sale they have a lot of PMGs from that set.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

(03-06-2014, 12:14 PM)buckunteer Wrote: That's the same seller that I got the Richmond from. You think maybe someone didn't pay up and they broke it off and sold them individually? If you check their current stuff for sale they have a lot of PMGs from that set.
Ohhh yep they must have not been able to sell he set for what they were wanting and split it up.I just contacted them to see If they still had the Penny.Would be sweet if I could do a cash deal on it and get it for a fair price from them.Just asked so hopefully they still have him!

(03-06-2014, 12:44 PM)aarhart1985 Wrote: Ohhh yep they must have not been able to sell he set for what they were wanting and split it up.I just contacted them to see If they still had the Penny.Would be sweet if I could do a cash deal on it and get it for a fair price from them.Just asked so hopefully they still have him!
Wait wait...you mean I have a Mitch in my collection and you don't have the Penny? Wow, I'm really starting to have a serious collection if I have one that you still need because your Penny collection is just way beyond nasty!