`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Holy Crap, THREE Huge Pulls in 1 Megabox! UPDATE

RE: Holy Crap, THREE Huge Pulls in 1 Megabox! UPDATE
(04-25-2022, 09:19 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: But what if he goes to the Lions?
They could use another receiver.

So I recently won a 9-card lot of 1993-94 Fleer "Jam Session" basketball cards ... was thrilled, they were very cheap, $1.45 shipped for Jordan, Pippen, Shaq, Penny RC, Webber RC among others.

Part of the reason they were so cheap is that they're the "tall boy" size, so somewhat challenging to find proper supplies for.

The seller packaged them all nicely in a booklet toploader, which I repurposed to finally give the Kadarius Toney booklet a new home ...

[Image: Toney.jpg] 

I still need a proper sleeve for the inside (rigged up something temporary with two modified team bags) but for now it's a pretty nice looking piece.

GEM FIRE BRO!!!!! GEM FIRE!!!!! what would be super cool, is to have him sign it with a white sharpie on the patch, that would really make that blue patch pop.
Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears

(12-13-2022, 12:03 PM)Speak917 Wrote: GEM FIRE BRO!!!!! GEM FIRE!!!!!  what would be super cool, is to have him sign it with a white sharpie on the patch, that would really make that blue patch pop.
Indeed, that would be awesome ... now I just have to try to track down "ah" sleeve for it ... don't really need a hundred pack or anything, LOL

(12-13-2022, 11:59 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: So I recently won a 9-card lot of 1993-94 Fleer "Jam Session" basketball cards ... was thrilled, they were very cheap, $1.45 shipped for Jordan, Pippen, Shaq, Penny RC, Webber RC among others.

Part of the reason they were so cheap is that they're the "tall boy" size, so somewhat challenging to find proper supplies for.

The seller packaged them all nicely in a booklet toploader, which I repurposed to finally give the Kadarius Toney booklet a new home ...

[Image: Toney.jpg] 

I still need a proper sleeve for the inside (rigged up something temporary with two modified team bags) but for now it's a pretty nice looking piece.
Opened a box of those from 1994-95.  Bought them in 1997 fairly cheap ($22) built the complete base and insert sets.  Donated the rest (185) except for stars and inserts.  Cards that size are a pain.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

(12-13-2022, 01:01 PM)dogger99 Wrote: Opened a box of those from 1994-95.  Bought them in 1997 fairly cheap ($22) built the complete base and insert sets.  Donated the rest (185) except for stars and inserts.  Cards that size are a pain.
It's funny, I still had 10 random tall boy penny sleeves left over from my huge purge a few years back, so it was enough to cover this lot. I'll probably break down at some point and order some tall boy toploaders, for now I just have them in a team bag.

The bigger challenge at the moment is finding exactly one sleeve for the booklet card, LOL

(12-13-2022, 01:01 PM)dogger99 Wrote: Cards that size are a pain.
They are but I love them anyways! I put a set of 1994 Game Day into a binder with 6 card pages. They slide around a bit but I don't move my binders so meh.

With Toney now with the Chiefs that could end up being a much better card - I think he's going to be good for them (I pulled some Toney autos and got some cheap numbered parallels since I collect Gators) assuming he can stay healthy. But he's exactly the type of receiver who can absolutely thrive and become a huge star with Mahomes.

Throwing this out there, I will gladly trade a card or cards for A) a proper sized penny sleeve for the booklet and/or B) some tall boy toploaders for the Jam Session cards.

Bumping this up to celebrate Mr. Toney making the longest punt return in Super Bowl history!