Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Holy Crap, THREE Huge Pulls in 1 Megabox! UPDATE

Holy Crap, THREE Huge Pulls in 1 Megabox! UPDATE
Friends,

This morning I grabbed two "mega" boxes of 2021 Playbook from my local Walmart.

(I don't see how five packs of four cards can be considered "mega," but OK, Panini)

The usual "one auto or mem per box on average" - meaning, one jersey or Rewards Points card per box, $49.99.

Anyway, out of the first box I noticed one of the packs (on the left, regular one on the right for comparison) was about the thickest I'd ever seen ...

[Image: Playbook-Good-Small.jpg] 

I'm like, holy crap, did I pull a booklet or something?

Indeed!

[Image: Toney-Small.jpg]

Mr. Toney of the Giants ... the player could have been better, could have been worse, but will definitely go down in history as the first booklet card I've ever pulled.

So anyway, thanks for reading, and uh ... oh crap, wait a minute, the next card in the pack under the booklet wasn't too bad either ...

[Image: Micah-Small.jpg]

Blammo! Defensive Rookie of the Year Micah Parsons!

There was also a JaMarr Chase RC in this box.

Now, true to form, the second box had a regular veteran jersey card of Bradley Chubb, but I'm not going to complain this time around.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but ... well done, Panini!

UPDATE - In this same mega box I also pulled the "sparkle" parallel of the In Motion insert of Mac Jones. I casually looked at eBay to see what they're listed and going for and was absolutely shocked ... $200+ ... don't know if it's just eBay hyperbole or not but they were listed as "case hits" ... crazy value out of this box!

RE: Holy Crap, Two Huge Pulls in 1 Megabox!
Very nice hits!!!!
Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears

Wow, awesome NFC east box! Congrats, nice to get a win Smile

Unbelievable! Probably the best we'll hear of megas in a while, with Contenders and Draft Picks stuff on deck.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

It looks like you got the one Megabox of Playbook that comes close to delivering the value they charge for it.

Most of those things have a $3 one color "player worn" relic as the "hit"

I've never pulled a booklet card - I have bought three (two were members of the Eagles Super Bowl team - Zach Ertz and Torrey Smith (it's a 2011 Rookie year, so it's a Ravens, but it is very nice looking with a nice jumbo patch and on card auto - the other was a Matt Jones Playbook Auto Relic which was very cheap)

(04-14-2022, 03:19 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: It looks like you got the one Megabox of Playbook that comes close to delivering the value they charge for it.

Most of those things have a $3 one color "player worn" relic as the "hit"

I've never pulled a booklet card - I have bought three (two were members of the Eagles Super Bowl team - Zach Ertz and Torrey Smith (it's a 2011 Rookie year, so it's a Ravens, but it is very nice looking with a nice jumbo patch and on card auto - the other was a Matt Jones Playbook Auto Relic which was very cheap)
Indeed ... I have two other booklets but traded for them, both LeBron James, one from Miami and one from Cleveland.

I was shocked to pull one in retail.

(04-14-2022, 02:18 PM)Speak917 Wrote: Very nice hits!!!!
Thank you, I was pleased with the Toney just because of the novelty of a booklet, then stunned when I saw the Parsons.

(04-14-2022, 02:23 PM)jplarson Wrote: Wow, awesome NFC east box!  Congrats, nice to get a win Smile
Yep, I kind of figured it was the least that Panini could do for me, LOL

(04-14-2022, 02:37 PM)CMCFan22 Wrote: Unbelievable! Probably the best we'll hear of megas in a while, with Contenders and Draft Picks stuff on deck.
I grabbed two of the six that were sitting there, but the Bradley Chubb jersey I pulled in the second box persuaded me to quit while I was ahead, LOL

(04-14-2022, 03:22 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Thank you, I was pleased with the Toney just because of the novelty of a booklet, then stunned when I saw the Parsons.
I wonder how stunned the person who bought the Megabox that didn't include any autograph or memorabilia card is going to be.