`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2001 Topps Heritage Willie Mays Autoproof 1952 Topps Buyback

2001 Topps Heritage Willie Mays Autoproof 1952 Topps Buyback
I was wondering if anyone had an idea on the value of a 2001 Topps Heritage Willie Mays Autoproof 1952 Topps Buyback was? I have one and got it graded a couple years back (BVG 4). Couldn't find a price in the Beckett book and wanted to know if anyone had any ideas of what it would fetch in auction. Thanks!

RE: 2001 Topps Heritage Willie Mays Autoproof 1952 Topps Buyback
(10-16-2017, 02:37 PM)buddy32389 Wrote: I was wondering if anyone had an idea on the value of a 2001 Topps Heritage Willie Mays Autoproof 1952 Topps Buyback was? I have one and got it graded a couple years back (BVG 4). Couldn't find a price in the Beckett book and wanted to know if anyone had any ideas of what it would fetch in auction. Thanks!
Why is it graded by BVG when it's a 2001 card? Probably no pricing because because of print run of 25 or less. Still wondering why BVG.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

Sounds like its an original 1952 card, just with the buyback stamp on it?  I had one not this old of Ernie Banks before, it is an original vintage card, that is a buyback by Topps and stamped and released in Heritage or Archive sets over the years.  I'm guessing BVG was used due to the card kinda being vintage mostly....i guess??  I always wondered the same thing with my Banks...like do most collectors consider it an original and vintage, or more of a 1 of 1 modern card.

(07-11-2020, 03:05 PM)rpeterson369 Wrote: like do most collectors consider it an original and vintage, or more of a 1 of 1 modern card.
I can only speak for myself obviously but I would consider it a vintage card. If they put any kind of stamp/serial number/etc on it, I would still consider it a vintage card but annoyed that they put a stamp on it.

I don't recall who made the set, I think it was Topps, but someone made a modern set made to look like 2014/15 Cracker Jack. They randomly inserted original CJ cards into the boxes and I was lucky enough to pull one. Thankfully, they didn't put any kind of stamp on the thing and left it alone.