`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
CUBS WIN!!! CUBS WIN!!!

RE: CUBS WIN!!! CUBS WIN!!!
(10-08-2015, 09:46 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Bandwagon jumpers! They are the bane of sports society. That's what solidified my being a die hard Yankees Fan. All my friends 'jumped' and became Mets fans when the Mets were hot, and the Yanks were in a down swing. No, you stand by your team during the highs & lows. I always respected Cubbie-fans ... No team has been 'down' so long and maintained such a huge fan base and kept a full Stadium. (Marlins fans should take a lesson .. They're probably the worst in the country. )
I'm with you. Marlins and Rays. Although I did watch a few Cincy games with absolutely deplorable attendance.

(10-08-2015, 09:22 AM)shivelycore Wrote: Cant wait for the Cards to stomp them.
HAHAHAHAH! Subtle, but straight to the point! I would have agreed with you, if they weren't all banged up, but I think they may have their hands full. Cubs are still young though, so who knows.

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

SB / CB a good series. Congrats to the Cubs.....I feel sorry for the Pirates though....97 wins and only a 1 game play-in....something is broke here.

A couple of notes....
1- Kershaw should win the Cy Young
2- When is it a good time to live in Iowa?
3 - Why get your panties in a bunch because somebody is rooting for a team, regardless if they watch when they are good or not? This is my 1st year in forever that I didn't attend a Phillies game.....for no other reason then I wasn't going to pay 1st class prices for ship-wrecked entertainment.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(10-08-2015, 11:48 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: 3 - Why get your panties in a bunch because somebody is rooting for a team, regardless if they watch when they are good or not? This is my 1st year in forever that I didn't attend a Phillies game.....for no other reason then I wasn't going to pay 1st class prices for ship-wrecked entertainment.
The difference is, you're still a Phillies Phan. Going to the game is just a general meter of the fan base. I haven't attended a Yankees game since the new Stadium was built. Doesn't make me less of a fan. ( Just an infrequent traveller Smile ) But look at Yankee Games attendance ... They have a loyal fan base. Mets, St. Louis, Cubs, Red Sox, they're usually filled. Marlins were in the WS and you were able to walk in and buy a seat the day of the game. Really! Tampa ... During years that they fielded a competitive team, there were more of the opponent's colors in the stands. Florida's fan base is really, really bad. (Maybe because everyone is from somewhere else?) I had season Marlin seats the first few years, then got discouraged when they'd give away seats on a regular basis after I paid top dollar.
Now they moved about 45-60 min south of where they used to be. In the old days, I could close my office at 7 and be in my seat before the second inning started. Now, I'd miss half the game. Sad
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(10-08-2015, 11:48 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: SB / CB a good series. Congrats to the Cubs.....I feel sorry for the Pirates though....97 wins and only a 1 game play-in....something is broke here.

A couple of notes....
3 - Why get your panties in a bunch because somebody is rooting for a team, regardless if they watch when they are good or not? This is my 1st year in forever that I didn't attend a Phillies game.....for no other reason then I wasn't going to pay 1st class prices for ship-wrecked entertainment.
I don't get all twisted up from the fair weather fans. It irritates the $%&! out of me though when they realize they are experts or talk about what the (real) fans have been through in time frame X. New England loves their sports teams and are extremely passionate about them. To not go thru the pain with teams while they are on their lows then talk about how much it hurt when they are on their high is bogus. You don't need to go to games to be a true fan. Just watch and when you can't watch, follow. And just to be fair, I have family members like this and they will hear about it whenever needed.

I think most here are die hard baseball fans and my rant doesn't apply to. I watch all 162 games of my team with DVR because I love baseball. The people I run into though couldn't name a player from the Cubs line up but want to rub it in how great the team is.

For instance some of us at work have a bet when our teams play each other and winner gets McDonald's breakfast. Nothing big or special, just bragging rights and free food. The resident Cubs fan would never take the bet without fronting him X amount of runs first. This year though he was all in surprisingly enough. I'm a Braves fan and did the honorable thing and did take the bet knowing full well my team was going to lose. It does aggravate me how Cubs fans act though from what I have seen first hand.
Looking To Buy BGS Graded 9.5/10 Chipper Jones...Contact Me If Selling

(10-08-2015, 11:23 AM)SF_Giants_2014 Wrote: HAHAHAHAH! Subtle, but straight to the point! I would have agreed with you, if they weren't all banged up, but I think they may have their hands full. Cubs are still young though, so who knows.
Every single guy on the Cardinals is named Matt or Kolten

(10-08-2015, 11:48 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: SB / CB a good series. Congrats to the Cubs.....I feel sorry for the Pirates though....97 wins and only a 1 game play-in....something is broke here.

A couple of notes....
This play-in was added a few years so the league could make more revenue. That's it. They're not concerned about fairness.

Also, anonymously venting to another anonymous person on the internet is so childish it amazes me it still happens and people aren't embraced by their actions. My 16-yr old is beyond that. She says if teenagers have problems with each other the internet is only a byway to an in-person discussion. So, if you're over 15, smack talk yourself because no one else cares about you; we just laugh at you.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Back to the Future II!

Also, I'm happy to say I saw them play this summer in Wrigley. Beautiful park, and the team seems to be coming together very nicely. I have a sweet little Cubs pickup as well that I'll show off when it comes in the mailSmile
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

(10-08-2015, 06:19 PM)jonathani Wrote: This play-in was added a few years so the league could make more revenue. That's it. They're not concerned about fairness.

Also, anonymously venting to another anonymous person on the internet is so childish it amazes me it still happens and people aren't embraced by their actions. My 16-yr old is beyond that. She says if teenagers have problems with each other the internet is only a byway to an in-person discussion. So, if you're over 15, smack talk yourself because no one else cares about you; we just laugh at you.
If this was directed at me......my apologies as I was just kidding with my post except for feeling bad for the Buco's (or anybody for that matter) after having such a great record in a 162 season to only play one game. (and not wanting to pay top dollar for a poor product...I actually caught at least some of all the Phillies games this year except Hamels no-no...LOL) Again, sorry that my humor didn't come across as such.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.