`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
CUBS WIN!!! CUBS WIN!!!

RE: CUBS WIN!!! CUBS WIN!!!
People I have respect for, even if not a fan of team...Detroit Lions fans (me) one playoff win since 1957, and the added bonus of the NFL basically apologizing publicly 2 out of their last 5 games, and including a playoff loss, for blown calls/rules inforcement that cost them wins (not to mention a few from years past that cost them playoff appearances, see catch to win in Tampa Bay that replay showed was a catch but for some reason was still ruled incomplete). Cubs fans...1908 and still filling building, Bartman included. Maple Leaf fans. Absolutely rabid fan base and just plain sucked since like 1967 (and once again screwed by bad calls...Gretzky...and throat slashing collapses in say a game 7 against the Bruins). These fans continue to bleed their teams colours, yet get the shaft continuously.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(10-08-2015, 06:19 PM)jonathani Wrote: This play-in was added a few years so the league could make more revenue. That's it. They're not concerned about fairness.

Also, anonymously venting to another anonymous person on the internet is so childish it amazes me it still happens and people aren't embraced by their actions. My 16-yr old is beyond that. She says if teenagers have problems with each other the internet is only a byway to an in-person discussion. So, if you're over 15, smack talk yourself because no one else cares about you; we just laugh at you.
Says the guy anonymously venting. You realize Phillies is one of the nicest guys on here? I can't speak for him but I can guess he meant no disrespect to anyone. I still can't figure out what he said that could be construed as venting or smack talk. Besides, this is a sports forum. There's suppose to be a little trash talking. Take it easy bro.

(10-08-2015, 08:40 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: If this was directed at me......my apologies as I was just kidding with my post except for feeling bad for the Buco's (or anybody for that matter) after having such a great record in a 162 season to only play one game. (and not wanting to pay top dollar for a poor product...I actually caught at least some of all the Phillies games this year except Hamels no-no...LOL) Again, sorry that my humor didn't come across as such.
Dude, you don't need to apologize to anyone. You said nothing that could be misconstrued as wrong. You're an example of what's right in this forum. You're funny, knowledgable, generous, good natured and usually the voice of reason whenever there's a scuffle.
Maybe "panties in a bunch" is offensive in some parts of the country? But it doesn't seem to me like anything to get your 'panties in a bunch' over. Smile

Perhaps this is better....
Don't get your 'Jockeys in your crotchey'?
Or maybe this ...
Don't get your 'BVDs in a bundle'?
Better yet ....
Don't get your 'Fruit of the Loom all up in your junk' ?
Or .....
"Don't allow your undergarments to wriggle around in such a manner as to cause them to rise up and become uncomfortable, especially affecting your specific sexual organs and/or anal sphincter where you might be compelled to embarrassingly remove said garment (with a digit of your choice) in public, causing that action to make a spectacle of one's self. "

Okay, that last one just offended me ... And I wrote it! Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

The only way I see the Cubs winning now after dropping game 1 is if Arrieta pitches game 3 and 5. I don't see us winning game 2, or game 4. So if Jake can't go on three days rest and be Jake...

(10-10-2015, 04:02 AM)Nintari Wrote: The only way I see the Cubs winning now after dropping game 1 is if Arrieta pitches game 3 and 5. I don't see us winning game 2, or game 4. So if Jake can't go on three days rest and be Jake...
Idk. You have Lester. Maybe some of that big game magic will work for you guys too. He did really well. He just needed some run support.

(10-10-2015, 04:02 AM)Nintari Wrote: The only way I see the Cubs winning now after dropping game 1 is if Arrieta pitches game 3 and 5. I don't see us winning game 2, or game 4. So if Jake can't go on three days rest and be Jake...
always be positive about your team......you never know what may happen in baseball. Cubs didn't win 92 games without having a solid team and not rippin them, but the Cards are really hurting. Plus the season series was pretty even between them if I'm right. Congrats on a game two win....here's hoping the Series is a great one.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(10-11-2015, 06:35 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: always be positive about your team...... ....Congrats on a game two win....here's hoping the Series is a great one.
+1

We so got this! Down with the dirty Cards! Negativity has no place with the Cubs, not this year or any other future year. Those negative years are in the past!
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

(10-11-2015, 02:48 PM)woogie23 Wrote: +1

We so got this! Down with the dirty Cards! Negativity has no place with the Cubs, not this year or any other future year. Those negative years are in the past!
lol...

I would call my feelings at this point as something along the lines of cautious optimism. I was there in 1998, 2003, 2007 and 2008. I saw the Bartman game. I saw that game 7... it was scaring. You don't experience something like that without it sticking to you a little bit.

So while Jake has been unbeatable, I'm still waiting for the sky to fall. No one in their right MIND thought the Marlins could have gone into Wrigley and beaten Prior and then Wood back to back but it happened.

No one wants to see them win it all more than I do, believe me. But, it's the Cubs man... it's the Cubs haha
(10-11-2015, 06:35 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: always be positive about your team......you never know what may happen in baseball. Cubs didn't win 92 games without having a solid team and not rippin them, but the Cards are really hurting. Plus the season series was pretty even between them if I'm right. Congrats on a game two win....here's hoping the Series is a great one.
Yeah, but it's the Cubs haha. Unless you're from Chicago, you just can't possibly understand. You're talking about a fan base that has been on the receiving end of some black magic, voodoo hex kind of torture for DECADES. So, I'd say most of us are a little scared... optimistic... but scared all the same.

I'm so amped up for tonight! I was kind of angry when they announced the start times since it will be rough getting to Wrigley by 5 tonight and I had to take a half day tomorrow for a 3:30 start, but honestly it's probably better to not make me wait any longer!

I have today off if anyone wants to trade to keep me occupied...
2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331

I'm rooting for them or the mets to win it all, both teams are really amazing imo and I see both of them in the playoffs for the next 5 years easy!
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]