`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Baseballkid1999

RE: Baseballkid1999
(09-23-2014, 03:53 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: Same here. He sends me a trade request about once a month and I just let it sit. He is a child his name says so. 1999- that puts him at what, 14, 15 at the most.

I have never and will never do a trade with him. He agreed when he first got on here to do a trade and then after I pulled all his cards he said Nevermind I don't want to trade anymore.

As far as the mods thing goes. REALLY. I mean REALLY. What. Do you think they can do that you or I can't.......... Nothing. Govern your own trades. There are a few of us that have been on here for years and know when to spot shadiness and deal with them differently. Always have noobs send first always. You can have a 5.00 or 4.95 trader rating but that doesn't mean anything if you only have do 20 trades.

There are some on here I don't think twice about sending right away. As soon as the trade is complete I print pack and ship. And others I wait until I receive my end. That simple. At most a trade should last 1 week to 1 1/2 weeks. 3 days in 3 days out. Easy peesy

+1

You are spot on with what you said at the end. This is one of the reasons I ship priority mail all my trades are automatically with insurance.

I have about 10-12 guys on here that I don't think twice about trading.
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

The mods went out on a limb allowing him to trade being underage and it has backfired big time. It's time to ban - plain and simple.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(09-23-2014, 03:53 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: Same here. He sends me a trade request about once a month and I just let it sit. He is a child his name says so. 1999- that puts him at what, 14, 15 at the most.

I have never and will never do a trade with him. He agreed when he first got on here to do a trade and then after I pulled all his cards he said Nevermind I don't want to trade anymore.

As far as the mods thing goes. REALLY. I mean REALLY. What. Do you think they can do that you or I can't.......... Nothing. Govern your own trades. There are a few of us that have been on here for years and know when to spot shadiness and deal with them differently. Always have noobs send first always. You can have a 5.00 or 4.95 trader rating but that doesn't mean anything if you only have do 20 trades.

There are some on here I don't think twice about sending right away. As soon as the trade is complete I print pack and ship. And others I wait until I receive my end. That simple. At most a trade should last 1 week to 1 1/2 weeks. 3 days in 3 days out. Easy peesy
I agree. As long as people communicate we can pretty much police ourselves. Occasionally mods will need to be contacted, but for the most part just being smart and vocal will do the trick.

Agreed. We should look out for one another. I have at times sent other traders on her a pm regarding a certain trader. R they good or do u trust them. Etc etc.

Just like snappy I try to do the same and I can back joes word up. He has looked out for me on a few different times. I think the majority of us that have been on here for a couple of years know who the good/ honest collectors are but we all have to stand as one to get the site where it needs to be and push the bad apples off here.

I don't think we need a mod or two to do so. I think everyone working together will do the job. However the label of mod I think freaks people out. So it wouldn't be a bad thing to label a few people mods for that reason alone.

I have a few guys I would nominate

Who wants to start that thread?
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

I wasn't going to weigh in here, but I'll throw my dealings here too. I had several shady encounters with him and thought, no I'm not going to trade with him. Offers sent and then pulls out. Stuff like that.

However, after having seen his ratings and number of trades (which were both high) I decided to trade with him. I don't typically have big stuff, but I was trading for a PC auto not of high $ value, but certainly personal value. So I trade with him. I send right away, sometime in August. I see through the tracking number that it's been delivered. A week after delivery it still shows he hasn't sent my stuff. I was able to get a response after several in-trade messages and a PM. He says family emergency, will send next day. Almost two more weeks go by and no mail or sent notification. I try to send him another message but his PM box is full. I contact a mod, whom I have worked with before and don't hear back (no big deal, I'm just one of many he probably hears from). Finally, I get a little nasty with my in-trade message and flat out tell him to send me my cards now. Wouldn't you know it, my cards show up that day.

As for trading with him again, not gonna happen. I think I'll make it a policy to make less than 20 trades send to me first and if you've already got less than a 5.00 under 50 trades, you're sending first as well. I work hard for my trade rating and try to do everything I can to keep it there. It's a point of pride and of reputation. I'm in for whatever on helping each other avoid shady characters.

Now, I'll close with this. All that said, if we want this to continue to be a strong community we'll have to accept new members in. It will be imperative that we welcome them openly and honestly. Even long time folks move on or disappear for awhile so new blood will not only help keep our numbers strong but the diversity of trading rich and full. Sorry for the long post, but I'd been holding that in for awhile. Keep trading and thank you all for being a part of my trading life that I look forward to every time I log on.
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Always looking for more of these guys! Let's trade!

To those of you that did complete trades with him, why did you not give him a poor feedback rating? At least give him a poor rating in communication and/or shipping so future traders know what to expect.

So far, I haven't given him feedback because I am afraid I would get negative (unwarranted) feedback that would damage my rating which I stated in my previous post, I am not only proud of but very protective of. To my knowledge there's no protection against malicious feedback that isn't true.

(09-23-2014, 06:55 PM)edlockhart Wrote: To those of you that did complete trades with him, why did you not give him a poor feedback rating? At least give him a poor rating in communication and/or shipping so future traders know what to expect.
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Always looking for more of these guys! Let's trade!

I can understand that, it's a shame that the only thing you could do is provide a response to his feedback in your profile. Just frustrates me that others would think he's a great trader based on his previous trades.

I myself just completed a trade with him on 9/15 and posted feedback AFTER the OP's feedback, which I just looked at. Not high value at all ($20 1 card to him, 3 to me) but absolutly no issues at all except he hasn't left feedback. I gave him 5 stars, but again, I had no issues at all, received my cards in good shape & secure in a timely matter. Never heard or saw anything bad about him. Guess I was lucky. (feedback to some posts above)

Not knocking anyone, but we all really need to let each other know asap if a trader is bad or problems arise and leave appropriate feedback. As with Jacoby's thread in Baseball, the mods have been non existant for whatever reason, so we kind of have to moderate amongst ourselves. I have been very lucky in that I've had no real issues other than sending cards to the wrong person (it worked out fine....both times LOL). 75%+ of my trades are with folks who never post in the forums here and I can't remember the last time I really initiated one. Also...somewhere it does state that those with less than 25 should be sending 1st and myself, I request that I receive before I send to those folks most of the time (or wait for real tracking numbers). Good luck everyone.......
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.