Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Baseballkid1999
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
You're on blast. I accepted your offer one month ago and my cards arrived to your residence three days later with DC. I've sent you about 5 messages since then and even though you have logged on you have not responded.

You can make this right if you just send me my cards.

But to fellow traders out there, be very careful...
Yeah he is shaky. He has sent me offers and then turns around and goes for higher end cards but doesn't want to trade his high end stuff.
I'm pretty sure you a dealing with a minor. Best of luck getting your cards back. If I were you, I'd white pages the address and call the parents.
(09-23-2014, 03:02 AM)chgolf82 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure you a dealing with a minor. Best of luck getting your cards back. If I were you, I'd white pages the address and call the parents.
I think your right on this one, at least that's the feeling I got.
Yeah, I was skeptical from the start because I assumed the same thing. His feedback was very good though so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Has anyone else ever contacted parents? I mean, technically, they are stealing and people are getting ripped off so something needs to be done...
I would MOST CERTAINLY call the parents. In my opinion you are the luckiest trader to ever be screwed on this site. You ACTUALLY stand a chance (probably the best chance) of receiving your cards. You have a name and an address. Find the number and call the parents. If no number exists, contact local police department, they will either knock on the kid's door or (even better) will track the kid down at school. Even if this isn't "Mail Fraud" or even a legally binding contract, he might be able to be scared straight.

Regardless of age, people need to understand how big COMMUNICATION is in this world. If something has happened that is preventing you from sending cards, then get online and post something to that effect. On this site, your reputation is all you have. He's either too young to realize how damaging acts like this can be on future trades or he just assumes he can make a new account and start over, or maybe he was on his way out the door anyway and figured he'd pick up some free cards.

I hope for there is a reasonable explanation, although if he has time to log in multiple times since, I can't imagine what it might be.

Best of Luck
I talked trades in the past with him and he was really shady about a few things. Thank God never completed one. I talked to another member who had commented on the boards a few months back about him being delinquent in sending out trades and apparently the mods know that he is underage (15-16) but that they allow it because there was a parent that vouched for him. I always thought this was ridiculous and shouldn't have been allowed. I think a mod should provide some type of explanation
Hope it works out. Keep us informed.
(09-23-2014, 07:34 AM)iconms Wrote: [ -> ]I talked trades in the past with him and he was really shady about a few things. Thank God never completed one. I talked to another member who had commented on the boards a few months back about him being delinquent in sending out trades and apparently the mods know that he is underage (15-16) but that they allow it because there was a parent that vouched for him. I always thought this was ridiculous and shouldn't have been allowed. I think a mod should provide some type of explanation
OP, 1st, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We all must be aware and notify other community members as soon as possible for issues like this so that a problem doesn't spread like wildfire. And it doesn't matter how much the cards are worth.

Ridiculous indeed! Under no circumstances should a minor be allowed to trade here, regardless of who vouches for them. Def. on my no trade / ignore list.

I second the motion of getting in touch with the local police after a call to the house (if that doesn't pan out). Some may think this is harsh, but "stealing" cards, regardless of value at a young age and getting away with it only leads to that person thinking its no big deal.
I agree. I just sent a letter to redsoxbwler today. Hoping that does something. As well as mail fraud I filed.
It's sad that this is starting to become a reoccurrence.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6