`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
UD continues to use the word, "ROOKIE..."

RE: UD continues to use the word, "ROOKIE..."
(07-01-2013, 07:04 PM)7orko9 Wrote: I wish UD had an NFL and MLB license again, they're the best IMO.
+1 they are still the best imo as well

(07-01-2013, 04:34 PM)jheringa09 Wrote: On their cards.
Would this constitute as false advertising?
No. It is a rookie card to me. A 2013 set for ROOKIE YEAR 2013. See how I did that? Just because beckett doesn't say it is by the card means nothing to me. So would a 2012 topps chrome andrew luck auto not be a rookie because beckett does not put it by the card. They only put it by the base version.

(07-01-2013, 06:05 PM)djohn Wrote: The whole labeling of a card as "RC" by Beckett is a joke, even more so in baseball. Sure the Upper Deck cards show the players in college uniforms, but Prestige used to do that (as did other sets) and yet they are considered Rookie Cards. The big difference is that Upper Deck doesn't have a license with the NFL, but they do have a NCAA license. Until Upper Deck starts putting underclassman that aren't even draft eligible in their sets, the cards will still be considered rookie cards to me. Heck, even if they did do that I would consider the underclassman cards to be XRCs and that years rookie crop to be RCs.
I think the Bowman cards this year and Leaf and all those other sets without an Ncaa license look silly with the photoshopped cards.....
Avid Collector who loves the thrill and chase of the Hobby

(07-01-2013, 10:35 PM)elite football cards Wrote: +1 they are still the best imo as well

No. It is a rookie card to me. A 2013 set for ROOKIE YEAR 2013. See how I did that? Just because beckett doesn't say it is by the card means nothing to me. So would a 2012 topps chrome andrew luck auto not be a rookie because beckett does not put it by the card. They only put it by the base version.

I think the Bowman cards this year and Leaf and all those other sets without an Ncaa license look silly with the photoshopped cards.....
Check your UD cards again... Does it have NFL stamped anywhere on it? No, it doesn't. Check your UD cards again... Any NFL teams on it? No, it doesn't. Now check a Sage, Hit, Press Pass, or Leaf card... Same results. UD is a high end college product.
You can't be a rookie in a college uni because colleges don't use the word, rookie.
UD's got everyone brainwashed. RGIII and Andrew Luck will go to the HOF as NFL stars, not Baylor or Stanford guys.
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library

(07-01-2013, 11:52 PM)jheringa09 Wrote: Check your UD cards again... Does it have NFL stamped anywhere on it? No, it doesn't. Check your UD cards again... Any NFL teams on it? No, it doesn't. Now check a Sage, Hit, Press Pass, or Leaf card... Same results. UD is a high end college product.
You can't be a rookie in a college uni because colleges don't use the word, rookie.
UD's got everyone brainwashed. RGIII and Andrew Luck will go to the HOF as NFL stars, not Baylor or Stanford guys.
Its still their first year UD card so it should be considered a RC no matter what jersey they have on. Just look at Michael Jordans Fleer RC, that card came out 2 years after he was actually a rookie but it was his first Fleer Card so some how it was and still is considered a RC. If its stamped "Rookie" on the card its a Rookie. IMO
[Image: vBmHxKD.png]

(07-01-2013, 11:52 PM)jheringa09 Wrote: Check your UD cards again... Does it have NFL stamped anywhere on it? No, it doesn't. Check your UD cards again... Any NFL teams on it? No, it doesn't. Now check a Sage, Hit, Press Pass, or Leaf card... Same results. UD is a high end college product.
That is just your logic and opinion on the matter. People like variety. Many of these players created fantastic memories in college along with gaining name recognition along the way. The reason they are in the NFL is because of their 'college' performance. They will go into the Hall of Fame as college AND NFL Stars.

(07-01-2013, 06:13 PM)dabears 1985 Wrote: Any card from a player's rookie year is a rookie card to me
I agree as well.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

(07-02-2013, 05:28 AM)s1020 Wrote: Its still their first year UD card so it should be considered a RC no matter what jersey they have on. Just look at Michael Jordans Fleer RC, that card came out 2 years after he was actually a rookie but it was his first Fleer Card so some how it was and still is considered a RC. If its stamped "Rookie" on the card its a Rookie. IMO
Using MJ was a horrible example... He's still in his Bulls uni, and the NBA and Bulls logos are on the card.
And you're talking about an individual player, not a company that does not have a license to produce an NFL product any more.
If RGIII's Exquisite is considered a "rookie" card, then where on the card does it state Redskins and NFL?
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!

(07-01-2013, 04:34 PM)jheringa09 Wrote: On their cards.
Would this constitute as false advertising?
Yes, I think so. The ONLY Rookies are licensed products, PERIOD. Anything else is the opinion of the individual.
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.

(07-02-2013, 10:34 AM)nol84kc Wrote: That is just your logic and opinion on the matter. People like variety. Many of these players created fantastic memories in college along with gaining name recognition along the way. The reason they are in the NFL is because of their 'college' performance. They will go into the Hall of Fame as college AND NFL Stars.
I like variety... the NFL variety.
Memories??? Do you remember Tom Brady at Michigan? I doubt it... Do you remember Tony Romo? Undrafted... Arian Foster? Undrafted... Their "college" performance got them undrafted... So how many memorable moments can you remember of an NFL star in college?
If I say, Matt Forte, you'd probably say Bears before his college. How about Dan Marino? Dolphins... College? Gotta look it up more than likely. How about Kurt Warner? Many don't even know where Peyton Manning went to college without looking it up or seeing it on a UD card.
Can you imagine the level of awkwardness if you ever held a conversation with RGIII and his UD Rookie card?
"So Grif, how was your rookie year at Baylor?"
***and the crickets chirp***

(07-02-2013, 01:37 PM)jheringa09 Wrote: Using MJ was a horrible example... He's still in his Bulls uni, and the NBA and Bulls logos are on the card.
And you're talking about an individual player, not a company that does not have a license to produce an NFL product any more.
If RGIII's Exquisite is considered a "rookie" card, then where on the card does it state Redskins and NFL?
Why does it have to state Redskins or NFL for it to be considered a rookie?? The use of MJ was just an example of how a players "first card" in a product can be considered a RC card.
[Image: vBmHxKD.png]

(07-02-2013, 10:34 AM)nol84kc Wrote: That is just your logic and opinion on the matter. People like variety. Many of these players created fantastic memories in college along with gaining name recognition along the way. The reason they are in the NFL is because of their 'college' performance. They will go into the Hall of Fame as college AND NFL Stars.
The logic is correct and it is not an opinion, it's fact that a card from a non licensed product can NOT be a rookie card, only a draft issue. Also, a player makes the Pro Football Hall of Fame solely on their NFL career. They might make the college hall of fame based on their college career, but not the PRO FOOTBALL Hall of Fame. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other.
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.