`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stumbled into a pretty sweet lot today...check these out!

RE: Stumbled into a pretty sweet lot today...check these out!
Great lot. Congratulations on such awesome pickups.

That's a pretty sick lot! It's always nice coming across collectors that aren't really into it anymore and will unload nice stuff for killer prices.

Man... all the guys I come across wanting to get rid of their stuff have nothing but late 80's and early 90's junk... but the good news is that they at least have TONS of it... lol

Wow ... That's pretty great! The bathroom renovation almost paid for itself Smile
That Mantle look really nice clean and centered! Can't tell from the picture if the corners are soft or sharp, but it's nice! I have no idea about football values, but I'm sure you couldn't go wrong with Broadway Joe, OJ and Sweetness Smile are any of those their rookie cards?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Love it when that happens. Very nice!
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

(05-22-2013, 10:33 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Wow ... That's pretty great! The bathroom renovation almost paid for itself Smile
That Mantle look really nice clean and centered! Can't tell from the picture if the corners are soft or sharp, but it's nice! I have no idea about football values, but I'm sure you couldn't go wrong with Broadway Joe, OJ and Sweetness Smile are any of those their rookie cards?
The corners aren't super sharp, but it's still in very good condition! And the Theismann is a RC.

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I hardly slept last night I was buzzing so hard, lol. And here, over 24 hours later...I'm still buzzing! Things like this don't hardly ever happen to me, so I'm completely enjoying this experience.

I posted a thread over in the football trading thread inquiring the level of interest in the football cards. I received a lot of offers today. I'm still not sure what I want to do. I don't really collect football, but maybe I need to take a step back, take a deep breath, and slow down for a minute before I make a decision on what I'm going to do.

As of now, I'm pretty sure I want to trade most of these. I don't hardly have any vintage Cardinals cards and it would be nice to add a few to my collection. The Mays and Mantle I'll probably hold onto unless I can trade for an equivalent Stan Musial. This is my thinking right now, but again, I should probably just slow down for a minute and don't do anything rash. But hell, who knows? Knowing myself, I'm pretty good at making rash moves, lol.
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

Well, the Mantle, Mays, Yaz, Robinson & Payton are Great!! I wouldn't take "those" other players IF you Paid me!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!