Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stop It PANINI!!

RE: Stop It PANINI!!
I just wish they would concentrate on getting their Contenders stuff straight
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

(04-11-2013, 06:04 PM)dublup Wrote: I am SOOO glad people are starting to realize this! I absolutely hate Panini for this reason. I pray one day people will just stop spending their hard earned money to get ripped off. I love Russell Wilson.....but there are SOOO many cards with those damn "8" patches, and patches that definitely came off jerseys which he definitely didnt wear. And this is just the beginning. We wont even get into REDEMPTIONS lol....

"Thank you for spending your money with us....you will get your autos sometime in the next year.....if ever"

But yeah....I refuse to buy any type of Panini product. This kind of stuff is what really has driven me away from collecting. Ive never liked Topps, but nowadays I only like the idea of refractors, and at least occasional live autos in some products....lol..... I would definitely love to see people start blowing up Paninis site, Twitter, etc.

.....end rant
But, do you honestly believe that UpperDeck isn't putting the same crap jerseys in their products? Or, did they buy 100 real authentic RG3 collegiate jerseys? It's the same for all "big 3" manufacturers.

Oh and BIG thing.

When did a manufacturer suggest that the jersey was specifically from the Rookie Premier? Oh, you'll see some.

BUT - EVENT worn, well, means that. He wore it to an autograph event. He wore it to a new car dealership event. He went it to a "signing" event. He wore it to a party. Technically - these are all "event worn" jerseys. NOT rookie premiere jerseys.

Put that patch in yer pipe and smoke it. Wink
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

Ugameck- I understand what your saying and completely agree. They are just event worn and could be from anything. But what were seeing now is something new. We are seeing jerseys that dont even replicate what the players wear on the field. The names on the back and the numbers dont match the player. And the fact that they are all the same does somewhat point to it all happening at one time like the rc premiere. But heres one more thing. The rc premiere was sponsored by NIKE and almost all pictures you find are of them in Nike uniforms which was the whole point to the premiere and should be for any other "event" thereafter. The official uniform sponsor for the NFL this year is Nike so why is there so much reebok stuff? My biggest thing isnt the fact of its authenticity. Its the integrity of the hobby. These nameplates dont reflect the players and people are pissed. Collectors deserve better than this. They charge too much for their cards to give us cheap knockoff jerseys that dont even replicate the players actual jersey.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

(04-11-2013, 08:30 PM)nthnoak Wrote: Ugameck- I understand what your saying and completely agree. They are just event worn and could be from anything. But what were seeing now is something new. We are seeing jerseys that dont even replicate what the players wear on the field. The names on the back and the numbers dont match the player. And the fact that they are all the same does somewhat point to it all happening at one time like the rc premiere. But heres one more thing. The rc premiere was sponsored by NIKE and almost all pictures you find are of them in Nike uniforms which was the whole point to the premiere and should be for any other "event" thereafter. The official uniform sponsor for the NFL this year is Nike so why is there so much reebok stuff? My biggest thing isnt the fact of its authenticity. Its the integrity of the hobby. These nameplates dont reflect the players and people are pissed. Collectors deserve better than this. They charge too much for their cards to give us cheap knockoff jerseys that dont even replicate the players actual jersey.
It's awful. I agree with you. But - the players did wear Adidas jersey at the RP. (The RP autos from Topps show that).

But - all those 8 cards are ridiculous. I'm just saying that singling out one company over the other two "bigs" is not right. All 3 are guilty.

It's easy for me now. I stick to the autos. I got frustrated with the "patches" a long time ago. I hate wondering what I really have....
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

Panini is a big part of the reason you folks don't see me on this forum much anymore. I don't like most of what they produce and I am not real happy with Topps either.
Panini is ruining NFL cards, while Topps is ruining MLB. I have completely stopped buying boxes of anything released since 2010 in both sports. I will just stick with NASCAR until something new happens in either of those 2 card industries.

Damn reading this thread is so depressing not because your guys are wrong but because you guys are right!
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

Hopefully UD gets their license back some day to challenge Panini. UD is making solid products addressing the things that collectors like within their means.

(04-12-2013, 07:53 PM)nthnoak Wrote: Hopefully UD gets their license back some day to challenge Panini. UD is making solid products addressing the things that collectors like within their means.
Really? Trust me - I'm no fan boy - the last 3 boxes I've bought have all been Topps Value boxes (I'd maybe kill to get some more).....

But how has UD really done anything? How many different versions of Herschel Walker base cards can I collect? How many auto graphs of his on sticker can I collect with the same few photos they have the rights of?

At least presspass has been consistent (they're old designs were arguably to me - the best for on card autos).

UDs design team hasn't produced anything unique. Ask Serg. They got pissed when he produced a mock-up of Exquisite....because, I guarantee, their team couldn't create such a design and they're envious.

Take a look if you haven't... http://www.bustingpacks.com/football-pre...e-football

(04-12-2013, 08:33 PM)ugameck Wrote: Really? Trust me - I'm no fan boy - the last 3 boxes I've bought have all been Topps Value boxes (I'd maybe kill to get some more).....

But how has UD really done anything? How many different versions of Herschel Walker base cards can I collect? How many auto graphs of his on sticker can I collect with the same few photos they have the rights of?

At least presspass has been consistent (they're old designs were arguably to me - the best for on card autos).

UDs design team hasn't produced anything unique. Ask Serg. They got pissed when he produced a mock-up of Exquisite....because, I guarantee, their team couldn't create such a design and they're envious.

Take a look if you haven't... http://www.bustingpacks.com/football-pre...e-football
Well Im just addressing these false nameplates and numbers were seeing in Panini products. I havent seen that in UD stuff. I also just like what UD is doing with bringing back old school inserts and such. It may not be new, but its what a ton of collectors want. For being a company that only releases a few things a year and has financial issues, they are making top notch stuff. Meanwhile Panini corners the market and gives us cheap patches on high end products that are clearly visibly not from the players jersey on the card. Its just tacky and disrespectful. I saw the preview for 2013 Spx and I absolutely love it! Lots of good looking cards in that set and dual shadowbox autos. Thats frickin cool! Those mockups by Sergio are amazing. Sucks they got upset about it but maybe that was an idea they had and now he unveiled it early not knowing? haha