`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Get rid of the rating system

Get rid of the rating system
I think the time has come to get rid of the stupid 5 star rating system. Too many problems having with it. Just allow for comments only. You know from what type of comments other trader leaves what kind of trader you would be dealing with. Just a simple suggestion to eliminate an Ugly problem that are developing. I've had 3 or 4 times now where the 5 stars were ignored and the trader was given a RED X.

RE: Get rid of the rating system
I have had 2 negs this week because the starts were zero..comments glowing...Beckett has the default as zero stars..other places: the default is 5 stars and you HAVE to CHANGE the stars to leave lower. Here..you HAVE to CHANGE the stars to make it higher..completely reverse logic..

If you attempted to leave feedback using a smart-phone or other device the star rating thing doesn't work and you will end up leaving neg feedback with positive comments.
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

Bonds20001 is a GREAT trader. The best I have ever dealt with. He doesn't deserve the negative. I checked on all five stars for the recent trade. Please ignore the RED x next to my comment. Get rid of the Stupid STARS. Believe in the comments people leave more than the stupid stars.

(09-02-2012, 10:56 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: I have had 2 negs this week because the starts were zero..comments glowing...Beckett has the default as zero stars..other places: the default is 5 stars and you HAVE to CHANGE the stars to leave lower. Here..you HAVE to CHANGE the stars to make it higher..completely reverse logic..

this sounds like a logical soultion...

Thanks Jeterfan, now let's hope Beckett has the same LOGIC !!!!!!!!

fallen on deaf ears....

the people that run this website don't care one bit about this stuff which has been a problem from the beginning.
My funny athlete names collection: https://www.facebook.com/groups/935847757314558
IG: dicks_n_funny_athlete_names
Whatnot: funnyathletenames

(09-02-2012, 10:56 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: I have had 2 negs this week because the starts were zero..comments glowing...Beckett has the default as zero stars..other places: the default is 5 stars and you HAVE to CHANGE the stars to leave lower. Here..you HAVE to CHANGE the stars to make it higher..completely reverse logic..
I would also agree with this logic. And yes bonds20001 is a great trader.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

If Beckett defaulted to 5 stars like they do in marketplace, problem would be solved. I'm ok with the stars (I like seeing at a glance what a trader's rating is without pulling up his profile and scanning dozens and dozens of comments). I've left inadvertent negative feedback early this year. It stunk that I unfairly penalized a good trader and ruined his 5.0 rating. I've learned to be ultra careful and never leave feedback on my phone.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

I agree cause there was a trade I had last week in which I totally forgot about the stars and just left a comment and it killed the other person's perfect rating. Sad