`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Harassed at the Post Office

RE: Harassed at the Post Office
I always pay 1.95 for single cards in a 000.
I didnt know it was negotiable - lol.
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

I think it has something to do with thickness of the package, if its under 3/4" its machinable.
My Bucket
http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af12...nding1973/
[Image: nameplate.jpg]

If I am interested in trading I will send a trade or reply to your post.

(08-26-2012, 08:51 AM)giantfan270 Wrote: You sound like "that guy" ! Let a man vent already. There is a big difference between arguing for what is right, and throwing a fit. If his complaint saved $1.05 that he was being overcharged, than I think he is a pretty smart guy. If I'm overcharged, I'd do the same thing.
And your the type of guy that I cannot stand listening to when in line disrupting everyones day. Todays consumer never wants to pay for anything. The fact that we can ship stuff around the world for $3 or around our countries for $2 should not be worth arguing. Especially when you are receiving payment to ship it. Companies have to make "some" money to stay in business and be able to employ people which right now is a good thing. There is a difference from "picking your spot" to fight for whats right and then the "how can I save .40 cents this time. All I am saying is be fair when you are getting a service in my mind is fairly cheap. No, I do not work at the po and no I am not a union rep. Also saying "his complaint saved $1.05" is again proving my point, why not say "his inquiry", does not always have to be seen in a negative light. Peace out........

(08-26-2012, 08:51 AM)giantfan270 Wrote: You sound like "that guy" ! Let a man vent already. There is a big difference between arguing for what is right, and throwing a fit. If his complaint saved $1.05 that he was being overcharged, than I think he is a pretty smart guy. If I'm overcharged, I'd do the same thing.
he wasnt being overcharged.

(08-26-2012, 11:08 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: he wasnt being overcharged.
Exactly... that is why using PayPal is advised. You save on postage from PayPal.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

And the 90 cent package is going to possibly get run thru the machine and damaged or arrive postage due.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(08-26-2012, 10:54 AM)rippinwax Wrote: And your the type of guy that I cannot stand listening to when in line disrupting everyones day. Todays consumer never wants to pay for anything. The fact that we can ship stuff around the world for $3 or around our countries for $2 should not be worth arguing. Especially when you are receiving payment to ship it. Companies have to make "some" money to stay in business and be able to employ people which right now is a good thing. There is a difference from "picking your spot" to fight for whats right and then the "how can I save .40 cents this time. All I am saying is be fair when you are getting a service in my mind is fairly cheap. No, I do not work at the po and no I am not a union rep. Also saying "his complaint saved $1.05" is again proving my point, why not say "his inquiry", does not always have to be seen in a negative light. Peace out........
+1. I work for the post office and a union rep.

MAINLY COLLECTING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS PLAYERS
new updated bucket 12/16

I hope everyone is able to voice their opinion but let's not accuse each other of being "that guy" or "this guy" and so forth. I got things hooked up on PayPal with USPS and it is MUCH more convenient to print and tape the labels than to go in and stand in line for 15-30 minutes and deal with the ALWAYS crabby postal workers. That's worth the 74 cent price difference. I will need to get a meter someday when I start doing group breaks to be sure I put enough on the package. Thank you to those who actually helped me in this thread.
FB PC: Priest Holmes, Tony Gonzalez, Derrick Thomas, Chiefs
BB PC: Whit Merrifield, Salvador Perez, George Brett, Royals

(08-26-2012, 09:56 PM)jarmll Wrote: I hope everyone is able to voice their opinion but let's not accuse each other of being "that guy" or "this guy" and so forth. I got things hooked up on PayPal with USPS and it is MUCH more convenient to print and tape the labels than to go in and stand in line for 15-30 minutes and deal with the ALWAYS crabby postal workers. That's worth the 74 cent price difference. I will need to get a meter someday when I start doing group breaks to be sure I put enough on the package. Thank you to those who actually helped me in this thread.
There is always 2 sides to every story and we were not there. FYI I purchased a small scale for like 10.00 which was for food portion's goes up to 7lbs and I have shipped hundreds of packages with it and not 1 came back underpaid or postage due.
My Bucket
http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af12...nding1973/
[Image: nameplate.jpg]

If I am interested in trading I will send a trade or reply to your post.

(08-26-2012, 09:56 PM)jarmll Wrote: I will need to get a meter someday when I start doing group breaks to be sure I put enough on the package. Thank you to those who actually helped me in this thread.
When weighing your package, card, and holder, make sure to add a little extra weight for the tape (attaching the label and sealing the envelope) to the total. I tend to round up to the next ounce... it doesn't add much to the cost, but adds extra piece of mind.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed