`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many people hoard a particular card

RE: How many people hoard a particular card
I pick up as many Kobe cards as I can but some cards are way out of reach price-wise.
I do however now have about 10 of his 96-97 Ultra Gold Medallions card #G-52. My PC goal was to get one that was gradable as I want to have every 96-97 Kobe card with a minimum grade of 8.5. That goal is 80% complete.
Anyways, I bought a bunch of those Gold Medallions on eBay but they were either Altered or not in the condition they were advertised.I finally scored a clean one about a year ago and got a BGS 9 on it. That made my year. But now for some reason I can't let any of the other ones go. Wish I had half that many Platinum Medallions...LOL

I don't hoard anything. I just don't see the point in spending the money to own multiple of the same thing. If it was the same card but with, let's say, a different patch, then I would consider it.

I'm gonna keep buying boxes of gold standard til I hit a Henderson base auto and dangle it on the boards weekly :-P
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(05-18-2012, 01:51 PM)buckunteer Wrote: I'm gonna keep buying boxes of gold standard til I hit a Henderson base auto and dangle it on the boards weekly :-P
lol. All that money could go towards grading your MJ's. DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

(05-18-2012, 02:03 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: lol. All that money could go towards grading your MJ's. DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile

Ah, very true, but I spend money on busting boxes anyway, why not have an amusing ancillary goal? Wink
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

(05-18-2012, 02:10 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Ah, very true, but I spend money on busting boxes anyway, why not have an amusing ancillary goal? Wink
I like it ONLY if:

• You get a Henderson on the first box.

OR

• For each box you don't pull a Henderson, you pull something that recoups your money for the box.

Smile

Buckunteer: Standing up against the card hoarders since 5-18-2012!!!!

[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

(05-18-2012, 02:19 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: I like it ONLY if:

• You get a Henderson on the first box.

OR

• For each box you don't pull a Henderson, you pull something that recoups your money for the box.

Smile

Buckunteer: Standing up against the card hoarders since 5-18-2012!!!!

LMAO love it. Incidentally, check my thread about graded MJs. I could've just picked up that lot and not worried about sending any in for awhile. Wish I would've stalked it on the 'bay I think it went dirt cheap.

if it makes you feel better I have between 75-100 Topps Chrome AK-47 RCs...I didn't really mean to get that many...I'm an AK-47 collector, so I would buy bulk lots of his stuff...and every one had 2-3 of those RCs lol
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

If it's a serially numbered run, i wouldn't call it hoarding because technically for that particular card/product each card in the print is unique. There will never be another Gerald Henderson base auto #25/99 for example from 2010-11 gold standard. It's not hoarding, it's just extreme collecting.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(05-18-2012, 08:28 PM)taffster74 Wrote: If it's a serially numbered run, i wouldn't call it hoarding because technically for that particular card/product each card in the print is unique. There will never be another Gerald Henderson base auto #25/99 for example from 2010-11 gold standard. It's not hoarding, it's just extreme collecting.
haha I can so hear somebody saying that who is actually a hoarder like those people on the shows on TLC and wherever else.