`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAPS!!!

RE: CAPS!!!
Can you do me a favour and let the rest of the Bruins nation know that? They still seem to think every Canucks fan in the world set fire to something and destroyed Vancouver (whether they were there or not) and treat us as such.

It just amazes me how many Bruins fans spent 10 months saying "you gonna riot? you gonna riot?" and the second this comes up turn around and scream "I didn't go on Twitter! Stop saying things!" I'm not saying you, personally, said anything like that, but if you didn't, that puts you in the VAST minority.

It also amazes me that for 10 months this was considered acceptable, but 2 days of turnabout is not acceptable. I had to deal with it, no matter how many times I explained to people that the riot was started by non fans from the surrounding area (a large portion of them were from the Seattle area, not even Canada) who tried (and failed) to do the same thing during the Olympics. There was always a Bruins fan telling me I'm lying, I'm an idiot and I think ALL Canucks fans are 100% innocent.

Now you get to see how the other half lived and you can't take it for even a couple days, let alone months.

All that said, you're the ONLY Bruins fan who's ever said anything close to that about the riots. Thank you for realizing the reality of the situation and rest assured, I understand the reality of this situation. The fact of the matter is, though, that I had to put up with the crap for months from Bruins fans who don't know anything but, "me no likey canuck".

If you truly have a problem with this, blame your compatriot Bruins fans. They brought it on.

(Chris, I like you. You're a good guy and a good member of this community. I hope I've made my point without insulting you, personally)
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

Um, wasn't this thread about the Capitals winning? Can we get back to that please?

My favorite part is when the parallel was drawn between a bunch of racist 15 year olds on twitter, and 5 million dollars worth of damage done by rioters in the city of Vancouver. I can see now how they are exactly alike. Congrats Caps, New York fans will hopefully treat your players with more respect.
[Image: sigimg.jpg]

Collecting Bruins + Scottie Upshall + Shaone Morrisonn + Dan Cleary
My Traders: http://www.beckett.com/organize/users/miketaylor72#c=0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO6D_BAuYCI&ob=av2e

(04-27-2012, 01:50 PM)miketaylor72 Wrote: My favorite part is when the parallel was drawn between a bunch of racist 15 year olds on twitter, and 5 million dollars worth of damage done by rioters in the city of Vancouver. I can see now how they are exactly alike. Congrats Caps, New York fans will hopefully treat your players with more respect.
Is it that you can't understand the point or refuse to?

Just don't be surprised if for every "You guys gonna riot?" that Bruins fans threw out, there's a "You got any lynchings planned?" coming back at you.

The point is blaming people who had nothing to do with it. Obviously, I'm no better, but it's nice to dish some of your medicine back.

I'll put it this way. Hossa did not deserve to get knocked out of the playoffs, but the Blackhawks did deserve to lose their top scorer for a portion of the playoffs, after what Keith did to Sedin/the Canucks. By that same token, you might not deserve the judgement and ridicule, but your fellow fans brought it on and I hope it continues for months and months and months.

(04-27-2012, 01:50 PM)miketaylor72 Wrote: My favorite part is when the parallel was drawn between a bunch of racist 15 year olds on twitter, and 5 million dollars worth of damage done by rioters in the city of Vancouver. I can see now how they are exactly alike. Congrats Caps, New York fans will hopefully treat your players with more respect.
My favourite part is this:
When there was a riot in Vancouver, it was, "Canucks fans are rioters! Lolzers! OMG you gonna riot againg! LOLZERS!" which ignores the facts that the riot was started by people who had no interest in hockey and have done this before for a myriad of reasons (including no reason).

When there's comments online such as, "I can't believe we were beat by a ______" it's suddenly a matte of, "It's a bunch of 15 year old non Bruins fans. Don't paint with a broad brush." etc, etc.

In the end all it spells out is a bunch of Bruins fans saying, "It's okay for US to dish out ridiculousness towards others but not okay for anyone else to do the same to us!"

pretty simple equation here. seeing people riot=hilarious and deserves to be mocked, whereas racism=disgusting. rioting and racism aren't in the same ballpark. it's not even the same sport. hope this clears a few things up for you guys.

(04-27-2012, 03:12 PM)22xpress Wrote: pretty simple equation here. seeing people riot=hilarious and deserves to be mocked, whereas racism=disgusting. rioting and racism aren't in the same ballpark. it's not even the same sport. hope this clears a few things up for you guys.
The point is lumping in all fans of a team with the actions of some idiots.

If Bruins fans are upset at being called "racists" welcome to my world. Apparently I'm a rioter despite the fact I was nowhere near the city of Vancouver when the riot happened.

You guys are just pushing semantics and avoiding the real issue, so I'm done here.

ETA:
I also LOVE the fact that you think people being injured and innocents having the shops, stores and restaurants destroyed and their livelihoods taken away from them is "hilarious".

are you indeed "done here" or are you going to come back and edit your post again? shouldn't you be burning down a liquor store? (see, hilarious!)

What's wrong with editing a post? I added, didn't change anything? Avoiding the issue again are we?

And your end comment there says more about you than me.
And shouldn't you be needlessly smashing someone's head in?

so, no. you are not done here. i'm too busy preparing for tonight's rd2 opener to "smash someones head in". lame attempt btw. you're getting desperate. let it go already, you aren't helping your case. hundreds of canucks fans were butt-hurt, they tried to burn down the city. it happened, we all saw it. it happens all the time. sometimes it's because a team losses, sometimes because they won. i think as sports fans, we are all used to it.