`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your collecting passions?

What are your collecting passions?
After a couple years of flirting with this hobby, I finally found what I really want to collect. I'm really starting to dive into Bowman products. They seem to be the sort that have the most room to grow (or in some cases fall). That really seems to be what I like, to watch these young guys come up. It's exciting to watch a $5 auto grow into a $50 auto, and it's kind of exciting to splurge on a big colored refractor and wonder what's going to happen in a couple years. Will I be sitting on gold? Or was it a bad investment? I used to do a bunch of football, but I since traded off/sold everything I have. Of course I still pull for my Sox, so I decided every year I'm going to hoard everything I can find of one Sox prospect I like for whatever reason, and I'll be limiting my box breaks to Bowman, BoChro, and BDPP.

With all that said, what is your collecting passion? Prospects? Autos? Patches? Vintage. What is it that excites you about your preferences?
[Image: 9cef0db8.jpg]

Always interested in quality Barnes, Red Sox, and Patriots

RE: What are your collecting passions?
I'm more a set collector. So what I primary collect is GQ minis. If Topps ever discontinue this product I would look around for other mini sets.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

I love to find good deals on 80s wax and oddball rookies. I also like to find '89 Griffeys I don't have. Sometimes I really enjoy putting a set together.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

(04-05-2012, 11:33 PM)beginesj Wrote: I'm more a set collector. So what I primary collect is GQ minis. If Topps ever discontinue this product I would look around for other mini sets.
I've acually thought about finding a set to collect. Just in case if I get bored prospecting I'll have something else to fall back on. Gypsy seems like it might be the way to go. I loved this set last year
[Image: 9cef0db8.jpg]

Always interested in quality Barnes, Red Sox, and Patriots

Since I have discovered this site I have turned into a set collector, it's soooo much easier to complete them with everyones help here. Used to take me years to complete a set and i'd end up with 47366328298373 duplicates lol.

I do still collect certain players, HOF autos, Cubs stuff, and I like the Topps Chrome on card autos.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(04-06-2012, 12:48 AM)sxfn4lf Wrote: I've acually thought about finding a set to collect. Just in case if I get bored prospecting I'll have something else to fall back on. Gypsy seems like it might be the way to go. I loved this set last year
Its a great looking set. I can't wait to complete at least the base! My fall back are Jeter and Mike Sweeney cards.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

I've really grown attached to Bowman over the past few years. I like to get a few boxes of Bowman, Bowman Chrome, and Bowman Draft as they're released and put the master set for the year together. Then with the Auto's inserts and variations I like to trade or sell for guys that I want. It is really fun watching a bunch of little known prospects blossom into stars. I also like to get into Topps Chrome and Heritage.

Vintage sets. 57, 58, 67 and 69 are the ones I'm working on and have made great progress. Also, my goal is to own all of Matt Wieters 2009 RC, and I'm getting fairly close on that one too.
[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

Over the last year I have been collecting Rookie of the Year autographs. The goal is to get one from every winner. Right now I've acquired 107 out of 130 and getting closer to having to save for the big two. My primary PC is Chipper, but also collect just about any Braves stuff that I come across as well.
[Image: chipper.jpg]

Collect Atlanta Braves cards/memorabilia. Chipper Jones and ROY autographs (107/130). Currently looking for 2004 Donruss Elite Passing the Torch cards of Chipper Jones, Dale Murphy, or both that I need.

I've been dabbeling in the hobby for just a few months, after a 20 year hiatus. The most productive I have been, was putting together a really nice set of gu and autos of Cubs players for my 7 year old son. That was a blast! Now my trade bait is cleared out, and I have nothing to show for personally! I did enjoy doing some prospecting this year, but I don't think I'm patient enough to see the potential "payoff", so traded the hot prospects away. Set building is too much work for me. I don't really have a player PC, as I feel wierd having 100 cards of one particular player (I think I feel like an obsessive stalker when I started to put a Darwin Barney PC together). Mostly I enjoy opening a pack or box here or there in hopes of a cool insert, ala 1993.
[Image: mP9e9L.png]