`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT : NEVER LET YOUR WOMAN NEAR YOUR CARDS...!!!

RE: OT : NEVER LET YOUR WOMAN NEAR YOUR CARDS...!!!
I taught my wife how to handle cards. We open them together and I tell her to hold them by the eges, how to open a pack without bending corners and so on. She knows they are important to me. One time she opened a pack from wally world and got a john elway jersey card. The broncos are her favorite team so she started jumping up and down with the card in hand. I had to spoil the fun because the whole time I imagined the card flying out of her hand and being damaged. She got mad at me, but now knows I would have just rather her put the card down before jumping all over the place. The other thing we established is that if she ever gets mad at me, not to go near my cards and destroy any like we have seen on here before. If she does that, I told her I would take her car apart piece by piece right in the driveway.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

(02-08-2012, 12:38 AM)nthnoak Wrote: I taught my wife how to handle cards. We open them together and I tell her to hold them by the eges, how to open a pack without bending corners and so on. She knows they are important to me. One time she opened a pack from wally world and got a john elway jersey card. The broncos are her favorite team so she started jumping up and down with the card in hand. I had to spoil the fun because the whole time I imagined the card flying out of her hand and being damaged. She got mad at me, but now knows I would have just rather her put the card down before jumping all over the place. The other thing we established is that if she ever gets mad at me, not to go near my cards and destroy any like we have seen on here before. If she does that, I told her I would take her car apart piece by piece right in the driveway.
lol...unfortunatly her car is my second car that i use when it snows to get to work...cant go taking that apart....she actually like opening packs with me and i even started her her own collection of cowboys....i know she didnt drop them on purpose but she could have been a little more careful....
(02-08-2012, 12:06 AM)koolkellygirl Wrote: Wow, if you talked like that around me, I'd have to spank ya... Wink
bring it on woman......lmao...jk
love to hear some of these stories myself....makes me feel like im not the only one going crazy when someone touches my cards....hahahahaha
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

My gf is actually really respectful with my cards. She rarely touches them and when she does she moves them and puts the back in the same spot. Im happy she is like that because some women can go psycho and throw them all over the place or worse lol.

Sorry about your loss bro!
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(02-08-2012, 05:31 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: My gf is actually really respectful with my cards. She rarely touches them and when she does she moves them and puts the back in the same spot. Im happy she is like that because some women can go psycho and throw them all over the place or worse lol.

Sorry about your loss bro!
Mine thought I was childish and that they werent worth anything until I sold one card and bought her a nice ***** necklace. Needless to say she knows not to mess with them anymore and is always telling me to sell more haha...she thinks my dads store is just a hangout...I still dont think she realizes the crazy money that gets thrown out at shows and shops.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(02-08-2012, 05:35 AM)chads-cards Wrote: Mine thought I was childish and that they werent worth anything until I sold one card and bought her a nice ***** necklace. Needless to say she knows not to mess with them anymore and is always telling me to sell more haha...she thinks my dads store is just a hangout...I still dont think she realizes the crazy money that gets thrown out at shows and shops.
Wish I had a shop in the family...I would sleep in back.....no wait, on second thought maybe not....lol
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

(02-08-2012, 09:12 AM)cybertrenz02 Wrote: Wish I had a shop in the family...I would sleep in back.....no wait, on second thought maybe not....lol
Since our new shop is being built to suit I think I may put a bed and small kitchen in the back haha...I pull alot of all nighters there so that would for sure help.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(02-08-2012, 05:35 AM)chads-cards Wrote: Mine thought I was childish and that they werent worth anything until I sold one card and bought her a nice ***** necklace. Needless to say she knows not to mess with them anymore and is always telling me to sell more haha...she thinks my dads store is just a hangout...I still dont think she realizes the crazy money that gets thrown out at shows and shops.
My wife thought i was a little childish too, wondering why i wasted my money on a piece of cardboard. i tried to say it was like her buying a Coach purse but the difference was i could actually sell mine and make money on them. She didn't believe me Smile. So, I bought a Phelps auto for 200 before the Olympics then i sold it for 750+ and she had this look of Holy ----. needless to say I havent got that look again Smile

My wife is real good with my cards seeing as I have over 70k in boxes all over the house.But she babysits 2 little kids 8-9 and they decided to take 5 boxes of them that are some i have in the org here and pulled them all out and put them back in the boxes so now they are all mixed up in those 5 boxes of 700 cards plus slowly getting them back in the right spots
Photobucket

(02-08-2012, 10:53 AM)diablo71 Wrote: My wife thought i was a little childish too, wondering why i wasted my money on a piece of cardboard. i tried to say it was like her buying a Coach purse but the difference was i could actually sell mine and make money on them. She didn't believe me Smile. So, I bought a Phelps auto for 200 before the Olympics then i sold it for 750+ and she had this look of Holy ----. needless to say I havent got that look again Smile
Hold on there! My sister (a huge Patriots/Lions/Oilers fan since the early 80s) buys and sells purses. The main ones are Balenciaga and Gucci (Blondies). And these go for a really hefty sum because there are girls out there with daddy's credit card that are wild about purses as we guys are wild about sports memorabilia.

(02-07-2012, 05:53 PM)bigdehart64 Wrote: When I was collecting in the late 80's early 90's I had collected around 5,000 cards. One day they were gone. I was 11 at the time and asked my mom what happened to my cards. She tells me that I had to many and it was taking up to much room so she threw them out. I was devastated. Then 3 week later I go to my room and on my bed there sat my cards. I ran to them and opened all the boxes. Thats when I noticed all the cards had been separated by sport, team and alphabetized. Thanks mom. Sadly I left the hobby in the late 90's and got rid of all my cards Sad

Haha funny story.
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.