Beckett Message Boards
OT : NEVER LET YOUR WOMAN NEAR YOUR CARDS...!!! - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Football (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: OT : NEVER LET YOUR WOMAN NEAR YOUR CARDS...!!! (/thread-1485152.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

OT : NEVER LET YOUR WOMAN NEAR YOUR CARDS...!!! - cybertrenz02 - 02-07-2012

My fiancée was just moving some boxes of cards of mine and DROPPED a box of certified on the floor....opened the Box to see What cards/kind of damage was done and it was the box of star burst platinum for the set I am doing....looked at the cards and ALL THE CARDS HAVE DINGED EDGES NOW...!!! MAN I SO STEEMED.....RUINED at least 30+ cards that I now need to refind because she couldn't be careful.....man do women really know how to get their men worked up....nothing I hate more than seeing perfectly good cardboard ruined because of someones carelessness.....ughhhhh

RE: OT : NEVER LET YOUR WOMAN NEAR YOUR CARDS...!!! - chads-cards - 02-07-2012

My gf has dropped her fair share of stuff man...she thought it would be nice to clean up my office (all the stacks of cards) meanwhile everything was super organized...well needless to say everything is still just sitting there because im not redoing everything...and shes dropped cards before...its not that hard to hold onto something! So I tangled all her jewelry lol...she still doesnt know it was me...get her back lol.

RE: OT : NEVER LET YOUR WOMAN NEAR YOUR CARDS...!!! - thelegendjerryrice - 02-07-2012

(02-07-2012, 05:34 PM)cybertrenz02 Wrote: My fiancée was just moving some boxes of cards of mine and DROPPED a box of certified on the floor....opened the Box to see What cards/kind of damage was done and it was the box of star burst platinum for the set I am doing....looked at the cards and ALL THE CARDS HAVE DINGED EDGES NOW...!!! MAN I SO STEEMED.....RUINED at least 30+ cards that I now need to refind because she couldn't be careful.....man do women really know how to get their men worked up....nothing I hate more than seeing perfectly good cardboard ruined because of someones carelessness.....ughhhhh

I always make it a known fact. Cards are hands OFF.

RE: OT : NEVER LET YOUR WOMAN NEAR YOUR CARDS...!!! - kylebucksfan - 02-07-2012

Hope I can help you out with getting your needs, have all of mine still.

RE: OT : NEVER LET YOUR WOMAN NEAR YOUR CARDS...!!! - bigdehart64 - 02-07-2012

When I was collecting in the late 80's early 90's I had collected around 5,000 cards. One day they were gone. I was 11 at the time and asked my mom what happened to my cards. She tells me that I had to many and it was taking up to much room so she threw them out. I was devastated. Then 3 week later I go to my room and on my bed there sat my cards. I ran to them and opened all the boxes. Thats when I noticed all the cards had been separated by sport, team and alphabetized. Thanks mom. Sadly I left the hobby in the late 90's and got rid of all my cards Sad

RE: OT : NEVER LET YOUR WOMAN NEAR YOUR CARDS...!!! - cybertrenz02 - 02-07-2012

(02-07-2012, 05:42 PM)chads-cards Wrote: My gf has dropped her fair share of stuff man...she thought it would be nice to clean up my office (all the stacks of cards) meanwhile everything was super organized...well needless to say everything is still just sitting there because im not redoing everything...and shes dropped cards before...its not that hard to hold onto something! So I tangled all her jewelry lol...she still doesnt know it was me...get her back lol.

Lol...that's effin funny....thinking about hiding her chocolate...
(02-07-2012, 05:44 PM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: I always make it a known fact. Cards are hands OFF.

If it were only that easy man.....thank God it was only this years starburst cards and not 1/1 or anything....
(02-07-2012, 05:53 PM)bigdehart64 Wrote: When I was collecting in the late 80's early 90's I had collected around 5,000 cards. One day they were gone. I was 11 at the time and asked my mom what happened to my cards. She tells me that I had to many and it was taking up to much room so she threw them out. I was devastated. Then 3 week later I go to my room and on my bed there sat my cards. I ran to them and opened all the boxes. Thats when I noticed all the cards had been separated by sport, team and alphabetized. Thanks mom. Sadly I left the hobby in the late 90's and got rid of all my cards Sad

At least your story had a happy ending....my cards are ruined...

RE: OT : NEVER LET YOUR WOMAN NEAR YOUR CARDS...!!! - diablo71 - 02-07-2012

My dog ate one of my "good" cards once, I contemplated following him around for a week to see if i could salvage it... LOL I figured it was a lesson learned... but seriously, sorry to hear that.. that sucks!

RE: OT : NEVER LET YOUR WOMAN NEAR YOUR CARDS...!!! - cybertrenz02 - 02-07-2012

(02-07-2012, 06:05 PM)diablo71 Wrote: My dog ate one of my "good" cards once, I contemplated following him around for a week to see if i could salvage it... LOL I figured it was a lesson learned... but seriously, sorry to hear that.. that sucks!

Lol ....It must have been one "good" card....thank God its only this years certified platinum cards so they should be easy to replace...but she is going to pay for them

RE: OT : NEVER LET YOUR WOMAN NEAR YOUR CARDS...!!! - nthnoak - 02-07-2012

Dude, ya gotta keep your pimp hand strong.

RE: OT : NEVER LET YOUR WOMAN NEAR YOUR CARDS...!!! - matthew fechter - 02-07-2012

Yeah keep your pimp hand strong... Or you could clean up after yourself so she didn't have to HAHAHA