`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT : NEVER LET YOUR WOMAN NEAR YOUR CARDS...!!!

RE: OT : NEVER LET YOUR WOMAN NEAR YOUR CARDS...!!!
Guys, some women love cards too and would love to keep our chocolate close-at-hand, lmao :p

I dont let anyone touch my cards unless I give it to them or in a hard case or top sleeve.
This story reminds me of my oldest child when she was. She grabbed a card that books like 10.00 and bent I spanked her little boody. Then my middle child when she was about 3 grabbed a common I think it was Carl Crawford base card and bent it. Again I spanked her little boody. But my youngest always has to do it better. She grabbed a T-206 Miller Huggins and bent it all to heck. I could give her 20x the punishment as the others becuase I treat them all the same so I spanked her boody too.
Now I can leave a card on the dinner table that is not sleeved and be gone for 7 days and when I get back the card is still there. But if it is in a top loader or in a hard case they put it with my cards and let me know where it is at when I get home. They learned and I learned dont leave a 100 year old card down where someone could mess with it. All three times it was as much as my fault as it was theres. Sad thing they must be smarter than I am. It took them 1 time to learn and it took me three times.

I have moved 7 times since I been married and my wife told me on the first move " I am not touching your cards because if I damage them I will never hear the end of it." You know she was right. I am glad I havent moved now in 11 years and if I did I will need the largest U-Haul truck just for my cards. then another 2 just to move all my junk.

I just mark all three as stupid tax and I am sure we all have paid that at one time or another
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Only time my wife would come next to my cards is with a blowtorch...
Check me out! Updating all the time. Working my ORG daily! Have lots to trade.

Collect Patriots, Texans, Bruins, Texas A&M, UCONN and current project 2011 Certified FOTG /250 set 2011 Playoff Contenders Set

http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j369/Mercier2002/

(02-07-2012, 07:07 PM)cybertrenz02 Wrote: Lol ....It must have been one "good" card....thank God its only this years certified platinum cards so they should be easy to replace...but she is going to pay for them
A 98 donruss preferred preferred seating Ripken die cut when it booked for 250. Back in 99! I was able to get one a few years later for 15 bucks so it worked out. As for the fiance. Trust me, I am sure she feels horrible. I know it sucks but she will repay you in more ways than one Smile

My ol' lady doesn't go near my cards. I think she's scared to even hang up my clothes in my closet because my boxes of cards (and shoe collection) is housed in there. She see's how mad I get when I pull something damaged, she does not want to be the cause of the damage herself. I love her and her brain :p

However, when I was 18 and going through a break up with this chick. She threw over 5,000 cards in the bath rub full of water! That was painful

Sorry to hear that yours dropped a box of them! I have done a few certified breaks. Check me for any you may need.

News Flash, Girls DO NOT CARE about your cards. No matter how many times I tell my wife to stay clear of my cards she will still move them if she thinks they are in the way or something. My daughter always wanted to play with the cards I had out that I was organizing. I learned that if I threw a few commons in sleeves and top loaders and just gave them to her she would more or less leave my alone.
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

When I was 10 my friend and I always used to collect cards, and our younger sisters thought it would be really funny to go through his collection and bend some of them. He was not pleased. Fortunately they bent Packers cards, since he is a Packers fan, lol.
http://s260.photobucket.com/home/TaylorSOlson/index

Brad Johnson - 112/1836 (6.1%)

Christian Ponder - 24/717 (But I do have three printing plates!)

Eric Decker - 25/711

Cris Carter - 322/2443 (13.18%)

I love these stories.

Wow, if you talked like that around me, I'd have to spank ya... Wink
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

it's funny, i don't like my wife touching them, she tried moving them once and i about went kung fu on her, after that she doesn't move them around. but she is my postmaster and does all my packaging, bc in her words "it's fun"