`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone supercollect an NFL bust?

RE: Anyone supercollect an NFL bust?
(01-25-2012, 02:50 AM)tsolson Wrote: Haha that is true, it's funny to see the players who played from the 90's into the early 2000's and how each year they have more and more cards. I collect some Cris Carter, and I probably have most of his cards from his first five or six years, because there weren't as many.
Lol, definitely. In Michael Westbrooks 8 year card career there was 13 total autos out of 1150 cards. I now collect Jordan Palmer who is in the CFL and will probably never take a snap in the NFL and there is 113 autos of him. I also collect Devin Thomas who has been around for 3 years now and caught under 50 passes, and he has 196 autos. And those don't include cards #d < 10.

It is absolutely ridiculous.
My Main PC Objectives

1) Redskins Base RC Autos (Non Letters) - 164/281
2) Redskins Base RC Autos (Letters) - 13/76
3) RG3 Base RCs - 24/33
4) Devin Thomas
5) Joe Theismann Autos (skins only) - 16

(01-25-2012, 02:10 AM)tsolson Wrote: I am just wondering if anyone started collecting a player right out of college but ended up being a bust. Do we have a Ryan Leaf supercollector?
How about Limas Sweed. I have quite a few jerseys and auto's of his.

Looking for Titans, Giants, Chris Johnson, and Nolan Ryan
Banner courtesy of Blaynero
[Image: titans.jpg]
Wants Houston Oilers, Titans, Steelers, & Nolan Ryan as well as 1960, 1971 & 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates. Looking for 2013 National Treasures NFL Shield Football Signatures #16 Justin Hunter /2

For card collectors, I guess there is two ways to call someone a bust, 1) what they did as a player on the field, 2) how their card values got high and plummeted.

My Jets collection has guys with autos who never panned out but cost $20-$30 at times
1) from 2008
Vernon Gholston from Ohio State
Erik Ainge from Tennessee

MrGonzoDad has a lot of Gholston, those colleges made the cards more expensive as there are collectors of their college teams, I seem to have to compete against some of them every year, I still have guys going crazy in bidding for Brad Smith Missouri Tigers Press Pass auto cards, those few fans never sleep it seems.

2) from 2009
I'm hoping it's not going to be Mark Sanchez, his RC autos were commonly $170ish or more (Topps Chrome, Playoff Contenders, SP Authentic), because he went to AFC championship games (first time as a rookie) and plays in New York, those cards were expensive. If he's peaked all ready, and I hope not, I'm going to have some expensive cards plummet in value.
I've picked up a few additional RC autos recently, maybe because the season has finished but there was no competition for me to get them. I need him to get it together in 2012 to keep the value of the cards up and make me a happy fan.

I do remember 1998 when Peyton Manning, Ryan Leaf & Randy Moss RC's were crazy expensive, in L.A. where I live, collectors bought Leaf as they were the nearest pro team, Leaf started the season 2-0, his value went up, then it all went bad on the field. Those cards probably lost 90% of their value, I've met collectors who still roll their eyes over him. Looking on the bay, I don't think there are many if any collectors of him left, no one spends a lot on him or his autos anymore

(01-25-2012, 02:27 AM)chads-cards Wrote: Hahaha hmmm let me think do I?
chad we have had this conversation before....
Smile
and yes, we both do. lol!
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

I recently collected Vince Young... I know he counts...Smile but now they are all gone... oh well, such is life...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

Reggie Williams. Plus several other UW Huskies players who were late-round/UFAs that I wouldn't consider busts only because they didn't have high expectations. But this guy was #9 overall pick by the Jaguars in 2004...

[Image: scan7-1.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0265.jpg]
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

Well, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie has been a bust in Philly if that counts

I started buying everything of Patrick Turner.
btw...looking to upgrade the cards in this pic.
[Image: e73e8a3d.jpg]

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(01-25-2012, 09:41 AM)chibearsboy Wrote: chad we have had this conversation before....
Smile
and yes, we both do. lol!
Yes that was the purpose of that royal society called the scrub club! lol
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

Antonio Pittman and Troy Smith from Ohio State....I used to have a bunch of both of them. I know T.Smith is in San Fran as a back up and I dont think Antonio Pittman is even in the NFL anymore.
Collecting Andy Dalton,A.J. Green,Buckeyes,and Bengals, Dale JR./SR.,Danica Patrick, Martin Truex JR., and Brad K.
http://s556.photobucket.com/albums/ss8/punkinhed1226/

[Image: 0704112108-1.gif]