`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Value in trades

Value in trades
Does everyone only trade higher end cards for higher end cards? I understand why everyone does it. I'm just wandering if anyone on here is willing to deal higher dollar cards ($50+) for a bunch of cards that equal $50. I'm looking to trade lots of cards for fewer cards (ex: move 100 for 1-10). I'm willing to give more value $ wise if anyone is willing to do so?

Also collect: Castellanos, Trout, Judge, Trea Turner, Tatis, Jr, Porcello, Skubal, J-Rod, Witt, JR, Volpe, LouBob.

RE: Value in trades
if its players in my sig and cards that i dont have then sure
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

I'm sure a lot of us have done it but its rare and has to be the "Right Stuff". Its known as Trading Down and the general mindset is, why should I give up my Hi-Val for your JunK? Kind of hard to get around that...Mel
I have been gone a long time, my ideas on collecting have changed as I have aged. Will only be here Off and On because things are different. Not going to do much Trading but will offer some items For Sale. As Always, Have FUN !...Mel

(12-13-2011, 09:53 PM)radarblip Wrote: I'm sure a lot of us have done it but its rare and has to be the "Right Stuff". Its known as Trading Down and the general mindset is, why should I give up my Hi-Val for your JunK? Kind of hard to get around that...Mel

Well, that was what I thought. I just want to get rid of a lot of my collection. I guess it's kind of hard to do on here in the trading part.

Also collect: Castellanos, Trout, Judge, Trea Turner, Tatis, Jr, Porcello, Skubal, J-Rod, Witt, JR, Volpe, LouBob.

I'm more than willing to trade down on SOME of my cards, it's just difficult to find that "right mix"
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

I have traded down plenty times...not always, but I have given up some good stuff to get stuff I want. For example, I once traded robwes a '57 Mantle to get $1,000 in GU stuff and Arod. It is what I wanted, and we are friends to this day and have made numerous different trades. I will trade one $100 card for $100 in Jeremy Kerley cards. I coached him in HS, and he is a hero to my boys, so that is my idea of collecting. So...it is done, but I am surely in the minority here.
Thanks,
Mickey

Well, if anyone is willing to try to make a deal, send me an offer.

(12-13-2011, 09:59 PM)mickey871 Wrote: I have traded down plenty times...not always, but I have given up some good stuff to get stuff I want. For example, I once traded robwes a '57 Mantle to get $1,000 in GU stuff and Arod. It is what I wanted, and we are friends to this day and have made numerous different trades. I will trade one $100 card for $100 in Jeremy Kerley cards. I coached him in HS, and he is a hero to my boys, so that is my idea of collecting. So...it is done, but I am surely in the minority here.
Thanks,
Mickey
Nah bro, for the most part i THINK we all wanna help both parties improve their collections. As long as both ends are better off than when they started I'm happy, however I won't take a total dive just cause I like you Tongue lol

I would rather trade up or even unless you have some low end cards I want. I try not to get to crazy I might try to make a trade for a $50.00 card for 5 $10.00 cards or something to that nature. If its alot to a few I will normally give anywhere from 25% to 50% in extra value if I am sending alot. Like when someone is building a set. But for me to trade down for alot of cards for a few cards it has to be something I really need the way you are saying. If I were you I would sell in lot form on ebay and with the money you make buy what you want.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(12-13-2011, 10:17 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: I would rather trade up or even unless you have some low end cards I want. I try not to get to crazy I might try to make a trade for a $50.00 card for 5 $10.00 cards or something to that nature. If its alot to a few I will normally give anywhere from 25% to 50% in extra value if I am sending alot. Like when someone is building a set. But for me to trade down for alot of cards for a few cards it has to be something I really need the way you are saying. If I were you I would sell in lot form on ebay and with the money you make buy what you want.
agreed on that, for example, I'm about to send Chrisa about 100 5 dollar autos/relics for one of his Jeter autos Tongue lol sick stuff bro!