`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Value in trades

RE: Value in trades
I don't mind trading down on some cards. but for me it has to be a mid level player high end card. I'm not gonna trade a $50 jeter/ripken, etc. superstar card for ten $5 cards. but maybe if it's a $50 Luke Scott (just an example, for any Scott collectors. Ha) then I might trade it for those same cards.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

If you're really looking to unload a lot of cards, I'd put something out there like, "Looking to trade my 20XX Topps [Set]. Over [1000] cards, including parallels, inserts, and rookies, with a total BV of X. Would like a decent [player X] card(s) in return."

If you're unloading a mix of base cards, then I think you should shoot no higher than 10:1 in the value exchange. JMO.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

I'm obviously new to this, but I can speak on two instances this week that I traded one significantly higher BV card for 4 and 5 (as I recall) lesser BV cards that I really liked. For me, if I have no attachment to a higher BV card, I might as well get some good value out of it. Value could be an equal BV card, say a nice relic or auto, or trade down for a few nicer cards for my PC.
[Image: mP9e9L.png]

I have two collections:

1) Sets that I am completing.

2) Everything else is on the block for trade as long as it is at least equal value.

Ray

(12-13-2011, 10:34 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: agreed on that, for example, I'm about to send Chrisa about 100 5 dollar autos/relics for one of his Jeter autos Tongue lol sick stuff bro!
I have to many cards as it is I am tring to organize them and get alot of the base cards to good will its a slow process but I gave 30,000 cards last year and 50,000 cards this year. I add a few cards here and there on here. I either add all the cards from a new case I bought or I add cards with atleast a $3.00 value. I am looking to get down under 100,000 cards but it will be some time before that. So I am willing to trade in someone favor for a higher priced card. Especially for Derek Jeter cards. I have a few cards on the way as we speak most were trades I gave 5 cards for 1 or 10 cards for 2 with a few that were 1 for 1 deals. It just depends as most will probably go back up for trade.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

If it is not on my "want" or "have" list, it is on my "trade" list--see below. The total number of cards makes absolutely no difference to me. Each lot's total worth is my concern. (And that is not always a dollar figure.)

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.