Beckett Message Boards
Value in trades - Printable Version

+- Beckett Message Boards (https://www.beckett.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hobby Talk (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Baseball (https://www.beckett.com/forums/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Value in trades (/thread-1469623.html)

Pages: 1 2

Value in trades - akuz19 - 12-13-2011

Does everyone only trade higher end cards for higher end cards? I understand why everyone does it. I'm just wandering if anyone on here is willing to deal higher dollar cards ($50+) for a bunch of cards that equal $50. I'm looking to trade lots of cards for fewer cards (ex: move 100 for 1-10). I'm willing to give more value $ wise if anyone is willing to do so?

RE: Value in trades - rascrush - 12-13-2011

if its players in my sig and cards that i dont have then sure

RE: Value in trades - radarblip - 12-13-2011

I'm sure a lot of us have done it but its rare and has to be the "Right Stuff". Its known as Trading Down and the general mindset is, why should I give up my Hi-Val for your JunK? Kind of hard to get around that...Mel

RE: Value in trades - akuz19 - 12-13-2011

(12-13-2011, 09:53 PM)radarblip Wrote: I'm sure a lot of us have done it but its rare and has to be the "Right Stuff". Its known as Trading Down and the general mindset is, why should I give up my Hi-Val for your JunK? Kind of hard to get around that...Mel

Well, that was what I thought. I just want to get rid of a lot of my collection. I guess it's kind of hard to do on here in the trading part.

RE: Value in trades - swjrp10 - 12-13-2011

I'm more than willing to trade down on SOME of my cards, it's just difficult to find that "right mix"

RE: Value in trades - mickey871 - 12-13-2011

I have traded down plenty times...not always, but I have given up some good stuff to get stuff I want. For example, I once traded robwes a '57 Mantle to get $1,000 in GU stuff and Arod. It is what I wanted, and we are friends to this day and have made numerous different trades. I will trade one $100 card for $100 in Jeremy Kerley cards. I coached him in HS, and he is a hero to my boys, so that is my idea of collecting. So...it is done, but I am surely in the minority here.
Thanks,
Mickey

RE: Value in trades - akuz19 - 12-13-2011

Well, if anyone is willing to try to make a deal, send me an offer.

(12-13-2011, 09:59 PM)mickey871 Wrote: I have traded down plenty times...not always, but I have given up some good stuff to get stuff I want. For example, I once traded robwes a '57 Mantle to get $1,000 in GU stuff and Arod. It is what I wanted, and we are friends to this day and have made numerous different trades. I will trade one $100 card for $100 in Jeremy Kerley cards. I coached him in HS, and he is a hero to my boys, so that is my idea of collecting. So...it is done, but I am surely in the minority here.
Thanks,
Mickey

Nah bro, for the most part i THINK we all wanna help both parties improve their collections. As long as both ends are better off than when they started I'm happy, however I won't take a total dive just cause I like you Tongue lol

RE: Value in trades - chrisa19978 - 12-13-2011

I would rather trade up or even unless you have some low end cards I want. I try not to get to crazy I might try to make a trade for a $50.00 card for 5 $10.00 cards or something to that nature. If its alot to a few I will normally give anywhere from 25% to 50% in extra value if I am sending alot. Like when someone is building a set. But for me to trade down for alot of cards for a few cards it has to be something I really need the way you are saying. If I were you I would sell in lot form on ebay and with the money you make buy what you want.

(12-13-2011, 10:17 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: I would rather trade up or even unless you have some low end cards I want. I try not to get to crazy I might try to make a trade for a $50.00 card for 5 $10.00 cards or something to that nature. If its alot to a few I will normally give anywhere from 25% to 50% in extra value if I am sending alot. Like when someone is building a set. But for me to trade down for alot of cards for a few cards it has to be something I really need the way you are saying. If I were you I would sell in lot form on ebay and with the money you make buy what you want.

agreed on that, for example, I'm about to send Chrisa about 100 5 dollar autos/relics for one of his Jeter autos Tongue lol sick stuff bro!