`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I miss trading on here

RE: I miss trading on here
(09-30-2011, 05:11 PM)david campos Wrote: It is no different than buying the postage to send them. Ya gotta do what you gotta do.
I agree, postage sucks. But I don't think I'll ever spend my money to be able to trade with people
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(09-30-2011, 05:09 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: but spending money to be able to trade cards is still a little nuts
Not really, IMHO, the reason they did this, was to eliminate the ability of children using the site to make trades, etc....

It is basically meant for our protection, as adults cannot take any legal action against a child if a trade goes bad.

And in case you haven't noticed all the child members are having their accounts locked, and are not allowed to post on the forums or to use the trade forums.

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(09-30-2011, 05:22 PM)shezdoni Wrote: if you buy the single player pricing at $4.00 for a month you get full access to the OPG for that month.

However, if you pay the $20 per/yr just for the organize, it comes out to $1.66 a month
good point
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

I think the organize/opg/trade deal is great. The price however is a different story. $35-$40 a year would be a fair price for single sport and organize. Organize is fairly useless without the opg. Sorry Beckett, but it needs to be a lot cheaper than it is.
(09-30-2011, 05:29 PM)shezdoni Wrote: Not really, IMHO, the reason they did this, was to eliminate the ability of children using the site to make trades, etc....

It is basically meant for our protection, as adults cannot take any legal action against a child if a trade goes bad.

And in case you haven't noticed all the child members are having their accounts locked, and are not allowed to post on the forums or to use the trade forums.
This HOBBY needs children. Let's hope we have some parents who will participate with their kids.

(09-30-2011, 07:04 PM)0mattinglyalexander0 Wrote: This HOBBY needs children. Let's hope we have some parents who will participate with their kids.
I agree, the hobby does need children, and I know quite a few kids that are fantastic traders, that not only know everything about collecting but about their favorite teams, sports, player etc...

However, the hobby doesn't make the law's, and as far as internet practices go, I would personally rather have my child trading on a trade night at the LCS with other kids, where I can maintain supervision of her, as well as protect her, instead of having her online giving out her address and stuff to people we don't know.

Beckett's is probably the safest trade site on the internet, I know MODS and Dispute team members from the other trade sites, that are BANNED here for bad trades, but yet are responsible for handling the bad trades on the sites that they are a MOD on.

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(09-30-2011, 05:29 PM)shezdoni Wrote: Not really, IMHO, the reason they did this, was to eliminate the ability of children using the site to make trades, etc....

I think the age minimum should be around 14. Then the "kids" can hold some responsibility.

My PC's:
Orioles/Bruins
2009 spx game jersey autos
2000 yankee legends legendary lumber
HOF GU and autos
http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g462/teosdesserts/

(09-30-2011, 07:20 PM)shezdoni Wrote: I agree, the hobby does need children, and I know quite a few kids that are fantastic traders, that not only know everything about collecting but about their favorite teams, sports, player etc...

However, the hobby doesn't make the law's, and as far as internet practices go, I would personally rather have my child trading on a trade night at the LCS with other kids, where I can maintain supervision of her, as well as protect her, instead of having her online giving out her address and stuff to people we don't know.

Beckett's is probably the safest trade site on the internet, I know MODS and Dispute team members from the other trade sites, that are BANNED here for bad trades, but yet are responsible for handling the bad trades on the sites that they are a MOD on.
Yes, but what about the kids that do not have the luxury of a LCS in their town. I know where I live there has not been a LCS in many, many years. I understand about the laws preventing kids from trading here, but I do not understand why they are not allowed to participate on the boards or use the OPG. IMO, the hobby needs kids and it just seems like by totally kicking them off the site will cause them to lose interest. Is there a reason why Beckett could not allow kids limited access, and just shut down the trade function for members who are under age? Possible use a different color for their user name so when they post other members will know that they are under age users? There has to be something Beckett can do so the kids stay interested in the hobby.

(09-30-2011, 08:45 PM)dkotart Wrote: Yes, but what about the kids that do not have the luxury of a LCS in their town. I know where I live there has not been a LCS in many, many years. I understand about the laws preventing kids from trading here, but I do not understand why they are not allowed to participate on the boards or use the OPG. IMO, the hobby needs kids and it just seems like by totally kicking them off the site will cause them to lose interest. Is there a reason why Beckett could not allow kids limited access, and just shut down the trade function for members who are under age? Possible use a different color for their user name so when they post other members will know that they are under age users? There has to be something Beckett can do so the kids stay interested in the hobby.
again, it comes down to legalities. beckett would be putting itself in a situation it wants no part of, and i cant blame them

Legal age about doing these type of trades is 18; period end of sentence.

If you make a trade with a "14" year old (Let's say for today you trade him Matt Moore Heritage Minor 1 of 1 for CJ Wilson 1 of 1) and then 3 years later CJ has won 20 games a year for the Yankees and Moore develops a sore arm and never will pitch again.

Since the child is now 17; he can legally ask you to restore the trade. And you better be able to produce the Wilson card

Rich

I agree fully. That's why I said what I said.

(09-30-2011, 07:20 PM)shezdoni Wrote: I agree, the hobby does need children, and I know quite a few kids that are fantastic traders, that not only know everything about collecting but about their favorite teams, sports, player etc...

(09-30-2011, 09:11 PM)richk Wrote: Legal age about doing these type of trades is 18; period end of sentence.

If you make a trade with a "14" year old (Let's say for today you trade him Matt Moore Heritage Minor 1 of 1 for CJ Wilson 1 of 1) and then 3 years later CJ has won 20 games a year for the Yankees and Moore develops a sore arm and never will pitch again.

Since the child is now 17; he can legally ask you to restore the trade. And you better be able to produce the Wilson card

Rich
Then you'd wait until he's 18 and beat the snot out of him. That kinda thing would be worth some jail time.