`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LOLeaf

RE: LOLeaf
They are now manking pickle ball cards as well, apparently.

I'm all for non-major sports, but even I have a limit.

Any sport that if I trained for about two weeks and could be the best in the world at, I don't need cards of.

(11-01-2023, 10:17 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: They are now manking pickle ball cards as well, apparently.

I'm all for non-major sports, but even I have a limit.

Any sport that if I trained for about two weeks and could be the best in the world at, I don't need cards of.
The weird part is that the Pickleball cards are selling really well - when they posted the Pro Set Pickleball autos they sold out within hours - there's actually a market for it.

Leaf also now has the license from PBA to make licensed bowling cards - first time Leaf got a license from a professional league

I like their off beat Pro Set cards - they also have bowling, cornhole, billiards, and other things. 

Leaf also is making some NIL cards for college athletes in women's sports - but it annoys me that they are "Influencer" cards rather than athletic cards.  But then the big NIL deals for college athletes in women's sports seem to be mostly based upon how they look and their willingness to go on social media in skimpy clothing rather than their athletic performance.   And Leaf definitely is following that pattern.  A much sadder statement on society than it is on Leaf.

But really, I just have to marvel at how Leaf has decided that now is the best time to put out the Jim Harbaugh/J.J. McCarthy dual autograph card given the increasingly bizarre spy scandal around Harbaugh now

I'm guessing this was planned for a while and just happens to be bad timing. P.T. Barnum said "There's no such thing as bad publicity."

These might sell like crazy since they are in the news. Michigan could win the national championship this year.

(11-01-2023, 02:52 PM)akaus Wrote: I'm guessing this was planned for a while and just happens to be bad timing. P.T. Barnum said "There's no such thing as bad publicity."

These might sell like crazy since they are in the news. Michigan could win the national championship this year.
That's definitely possible - Leaf had a Ron DeSantis cut autograph card that they breathlessly promoted as being the "favorite to win the Presidency in 2024" up as the DeSantis presidential campaign absolutely cratered 

If you look up that hype man/actor/rapper auto they released GaTa you find out that he was arrested for felony domestic violence the week before Leaf released the autograph.

They could simply have some absolutely terrible timing 

On the other hand, they also issued an autograph card of the BS High alleged scammer guy and that Joe Exotic guy (signed from federal prison) - so it might simply be that Leaf is devoid of taste

You make a lot of good points. Leaf might have a curse on them or they just don't give a crap of who signs cards for them.

It seems like we are living in a world where people don't care what they are selling as long as they are making money.

Either way, I'm not buying this stuff.

Leaf Gonna Leaf

Leaf has a new set of metal Thanksgiving autos out

I admit this one is both particularly appropriate (Wells plays for Virginia Tech whose logo is a turkey) and headscratching (not only is Virginia Tech bad, Wells was benched earlier this year so while this is an amazingly cool card for a Virginia Tech player in theory, its odd that they are making this at all)

https://shop.leaftradingcards.com/produc...ough-11-17

They got a bunch of others of these up - including a Purdy

Leaf now has Air Noland autograph cards up now - unlike the base ones, they actually noticed his name is Air and not Ari.

Breaking News: Leaf has been purchased by something called Orange Mountain Capital

https://deal.town/leaf-trading-cards/imp...P3JFJQ9PW4

This is pretty much the sum knowledge of who or what Orange Mountain Capital is:

https://icis.corp.delaware.gov/Ecorp/Ent...earch.aspx

note the formation date - very likely an entity set up for the sole purpose of purchasing Leaf Trading Cards

If there was any worry that a new owner might change Leaf away from being the company we know and love, well, I don't think we got to worry:

https://shop.leaftradingcards.com/produc...ll-bas-coa

They also added a new autograph card of someone who is identified as being an influencer