`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I'm Calling it Now, Fanatics Will Make Us Miss Panini

RE: I'm Calling it Now, Fanatics Will Make Us Miss Panini
(08-25-2023, 01:23 PM)CMCFan22 Wrote: Leaf gonna Leaf.
Oh definitely, their new releases is a Roy Johnson BS High inscription

That's almost sufficient for a LOLeaf thread

(09-05-2023, 06:06 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: Oh definitely, their new releases is a Roy Johnson BS High inscription

That's almost sufficient for a LOLeaf thread
I think they know their audience. That looks like something I want for the novelty of it.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

(09-05-2023, 08:45 PM)CMCFan22 Wrote: I think they know their audience. That looks like something I want for the novelty of it.
If you can trust a card supposedly signed by an alleged scammer!

Back on topic, it looks like Fanatics is putting Bryce Young, C.J. Stroud, Will Levis, and Anthony Richardson autos in Allen & Ginter - I got to give credit to Fanatics for finding a way to.upset both baseball and football collectors at once

Of course, that Fanatics is still making Allen & Ginter shows they won't ever do the right thing.  It's 2023, they should stop making products named after Confederates!

One of my favorite pulls ever is a Bobby Knight (college basketball coach) game-worn sweater card out of A&G back in the day.

(I pulled Nick Saban as well.)

I also bought exactly one blaster of 2021 A&G and pulled the Trevor Lawrence "rookie card," so I was happy with that.

I have a small PC of "other sports" A&G cards including:

Joey Chestnut (!)
Michael Phelps
Rogere Federer
Bruce Jenner

I think it's kind of cool that they sprinkle in other sports.

(09-06-2023, 10:41 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: One of my favorite pulls ever is a Bobby Knight (college basketball coach) game-worn sweater card out of A&G back in the day.

(I pulled Nick Saban as well.)

I also bought exactly one blaster of 2021 A&G and pulled the Trevor Lawrence "rookie card," so I was happy with that.

I have a small PC of "other sports" A&G cards including:

Joey Chestnut (!)
Michael Phelps
Rogere Federer
Bruce Jenner

I think it's kind of cool that they sprinkle in other sports.
Topps wasn't trying to replace real rookie cards in the past like they are today

I think it's testimony to how upset Panini has made football card collectors that many are actually taking the side of the company actively taking steps that will destroy the collectors card market and trying to essentially kill football cards in the short term to get Panini to sell out.  

Baseball card collectors all seem to be saying "be careful what you wish for"

Here's one thing I haven't been clear on from the jump - and a large part of that is admittedly being a lazy bastard and not reading up on it ...

So is "Fanatics" going to be like "Panini" in the sense that it makes its own line of cards per sport?

Because it has created its own products such as National Treasures, Prizm and Mosaic in addition to reviving and continuing some of the Donruss stuff.

Or is Fanatics just going to roll out Topps products for everything and bring back some of the classics, like Topps Chrome Football and Basketball?

(I'm fine with it ... just curious.)

(09-06-2023, 02:53 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Because it has created its own products such as National Treasures, Prizm and Mosaic in addition to reviving and continuing some of the Donruss stuff.
National Treasures was actually one of the products under Playoff (along with Absolute, Prestige, Momentum, etc.).

It would be interesting to see how many original products Panini put out.  You listed two with Prizm and Mosaic.  There is Illusions, Spectra, and a handful of others.  But most were probably rebranded from Playoff, Donruss, Score, and Leaf.

I am looking forward to building the Topps set again.  Had a complete set from 1974-2015.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

(09-06-2023, 06:26 PM)dogger99 Wrote: National Treasures was actually one of the products under Playoff (along with Absolute, Prestige, Momentum, etc.).

It would be interesting to see how many original products Panini put out.  You listed two with Prizm and Mosaic.  There is Illusions, Spectra, and a handful of others.  But most were probably rebranded from Playoff, Donruss, Score, and Leaf.

I am looking forward to building the Topps set again.  Had a complete set from 1974-2015.
Yeah, if it says Topps, looks like Topps and feels like Topps, I'm all for it.

What is most important to me going forward is that hopefully Fanatics either rolls back prices (which they won't) or at least commits to providing content relative to the pricing.

Meaning, any blaster that is ridiculously priced at $34.99 absolutely needs to include at least one auto or mem card per box, for example.

Multiple colored and numbered parallels as well.

"Mega" boxes should not be considered "mega" if they contain four packs of five cards, either.

But perhaps most important to me is customer service - absolutely no reason I should have to wait 17+ months to not get the cards back that I sent in for legit damage replacements.

I did OK on the "sparkle packs" they sent me as replacements, but the entire situation was ridiculous.

Hopefully Fanatics worries more about true, lifelong collectors and not so much about Gem Fire Case Breaker Bros with their gloved hands, scalpels to remove plastic shrink wrap, shouting F-bombs and shaking the camera every time they pull common jersey cards to make "Great New Collectors" think some kind of miracle has taken place.

(09-07-2023, 10:00 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Hopefully Fanatics worries more about true, lifelong collectors and not so much about Gem Fire Case Breaker Bros with their gloved hands, scalpels to remove plastic shrink wrap, shouting F-bombs and shaking the camera every time they pull common jersey cards to make "Great New Collectors" think some kind of miracle has taken place.
Fanatics has their own case and box breaks - they definitely aren't our friends

(09-07-2023, 10:54 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: Fanatics has their own case and box breaks - they definitely aren't our friends
Let’s gooooooooooooooo