`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Anyone else having an issue with COMC ship times?

RE: Anyone else having an issue with COMC ship times?
jplarson Wrote:Their customer service stopped responding to me altogether after my inquiries.  I wound up cashing out of their robber baron comc store credit, https://www.comc.com/Manage/CashOut.  It's the only way to make offers is to have money put into their system.  I took the skimmed money back 
WARNING! If you didn't know, now you know department. 

When you initially buy store credit from COMC, they AUTOMATICALLY charge you your state sales tax (California is 9.25%) EVEN THOUGH no actual purchase was made. No retailer or website I know of charges sales tax on buying store credit/gift cards. But COMC does.

Example, I buy $100 store credit and they charge me $109.25

Now for cashing out. Direct quote from their site. "When you do decide to convert some store credit into cash, the cash-out fee will be 10 % of the store credit you choose to convert.Buyers Note: Buyers can receive a 100% refund of their store credit if a cash-out request is made within 30 days of purchasing store credit."

To continue with my $100 deposit (which cost ME $109.25) example from above. Over the course of 31 days, I could not come to any agreeable purchase. I want to cash out but will only get back $89 (10% fee plus $1 fee under $250). Never heard of PAID store credit being less that the actual value plus there is NO mention of getting your sales tax REFUNDED (versus returned). Both buying and redeeming store credit seems sketchy as heck. Any lawyers around? Class action lawsuit waiting to happen.

Deposit $109.25 and get back $89?!? No #^(% way!
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

Well, they have to give a portion to the poor, a portion to the elderly, and a portion to political unrest. The remainder is yours!

(10-08-2020, 01:28 PM)jplarson Wrote: I placed an order on 06/11/2020 for 37 items that had an estimated ship date 9/11/2020. I read this on their blog, https://blog.comc.com/2020/03/14/comc-em...e-updates/

Economy Shipping: 09/04 – 09/18
Basic (retired): 05/15 – 6/01
Current Year 3 Week: 08/08 – 8/24
12 Week: 06/13 – 07/13

I take that to mean that my due date order of 09/11 is being worked on right now. It's really annoying considering that anything you buy from them on eBay is shipping at normal times.
I got an email from them today indicating my order's shipping label was printed.

(10-21-2020, 10:34 AM)jaderock Wrote: Deposit $109.25 and get back $89?!? No #^(% way!
Yeah, they burned me real good on that. To top it off cards purchased from Best Offer can't be combined with regular orders to boot. What a shame their current business model is such a rip off. Fortunately as a set builder sportlots does a better job than comc.

Just got an email from COMC that my October 12 order is being packaged for shipping.

kerryandbeth Wrote:Just got an email from COMC that my October 12 order is being packaged for shipping.
Yea-- i had one like that and then it still took a month and another email to get it.

hckydv7 Wrote:Yea-- i had one like that and then it still took a month and another email to get it.
Yikes!

Just got a hundred commons to fill holes from 1980-1996 and the shipping is in the system.
Date = FEB 8th!!!  For $10 more it would be Feb 3rd!! YEAH!!!  For $100+ more it would be before Thanksgiving!!  Hire some people to pull and ship..they do not have to touch each other..they can work alone!!!

Sorry..venting..

I guess I should be glad it is only 3 months + instead of 6...

A few months ago I got an email from COMC asking for employees to help scan and record cards coming in. I think they should have been hiring for cards going out.

Also, this may explain why most of my sales are to flippers...since they don't need to worry about when the card will be available to them when they can just relist it.

Sounds dooshy.

UPDATE: my COMC order just shipped 4 days after they apologized for the delay, and 11 days after the original shipping date. Not bad.