`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Anyone else having an issue with COMC ship times?

RE: Anyone else having an issue with COMC ship times?
jaredhuizenga Wrote:I ordered 3 cards on July 12 and they shipped on July 16, but I think I paid a little extra for the expedited shipping. I feel like it was something incredibly nominal - maybe $1 or less - because it was a small order.

But I do know they are catching hell on Twitter with some fairly prominent members of hobby Twitter - Pat Neshek has been putting them on blast.

From what most people are saying, it's a disaster for buyers and sellers alike. Sellers are waiting months to have their shipments even processed, and are paying increasing storage without the ability to actually sell anything, and buyers are waiting ridiculously long to receive items.

Pandemic rules aside, it doesn't seem to be a great business model.

It does seem ridiculous....
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

(10-08-2020, 10:58 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Pandemic rules aside, it doesn't seem to be a great business model.
I placed an order on 06/11/2020 for 37 items that had an estimated ship date 9/11/2020. I read this on their blog, https://blog.comc.com/2020/03/14/comc-em...e-updates/

Economy Shipping: 09/04 – 09/18
Basic (retired): 05/15 – 6/01
Current Year 3 Week: 08/08 – 8/24
12 Week: 06/13 – 07/13

I take that to mean that my due date order of 09/11 is being worked on right now. It's really annoying considering that anything you buy from them on eBay is shipping at normal times.

COMC is what it is. It was a GOOD option back prior to 2013 as a buyer, but since then has gotten progressively worse.

My Order from 5/25 was delivered 6/15, but I used Priority RUSHED for $22.

I would hate to wait 3-4 months for cards. Heck, people on ebay leave negatives when I sell items that arrive in one week (Bought item on Monday, mailed on Tuesday, get threats on Friday, buyer leaves negative on Saturday, item arrives on Monday). SMH
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

Currently two weeks past stated shipping date (90 days on that from their site) second email sent, first response looked like an automated reply, Over 200 cards in the order some of which were higher end. Starting to become upset to the point I am not buying from their site until they get their ***** together

They would have helped themselves out by doing one thing different. When the lockdowns started they where forced to close as a non-essential business. So they should have STOPPED taking orders and STOPPED selling on Ebay. But of course the almighty dollar wins out So neither happened. Such a shame I have loved buying from them but will not until they get caught up. I was told they had hired extra help to get caught up but still see nothing on my oders.

I have an order due to ship in 7 days. We shall see what happens.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

jaderock Wrote:COMC is what it is. It was a GOOD option back prior to 2013 as a buyer, but since then has gotten progressively worse.
100% agreed on that.  One of their marketing points is "ideal for set builders" which is a laugh considering the cheapest football card out there is 29 cents plus a gut punching $4.99 to ship.  Sportlots crushes that if you don't mind the user interface (I don't).  With the option for sellers to ship purchases to SL (typically at a large discounted rate or free) then have SL ship out from Green Bay, it's basically replicating the comc model without SL holding onto all the inventory.

mistral38 Wrote:Currently two weeks past stated shipping date (90 days on that from their site) second email sent, first response looked like an automated reply, Over 200 cards in the order some of which were higher end. Starting to become upset to the point I am not buying from their site until they get their ***** together
Their customer service stopped responding to me altogether after my inquiries.  I wound up cashing out of their robber baron comc store credit, https://www.comc.com/Manage/CashOut.  It's the only way to make offers is to have money put into their system.  I took the skimmed money back after I learned I couldn't combine shipments for items I bought outright and items I got on best offers, which totally defeated the purpose of BO's and wound up costing me more in the end than if I paid the original price.

hckydv7 Wrote:So they should have STOPPED taking orders and STOPPED selling on Ebay. But of course the almighty dollar wins out So neither happened. Such a shame I have loved buying from them but will not until they get caught up. I was told they had hired extra help to get caught up but still see nothing on my orders.
Yeah those ebay orders shipping at typical ebay speeds.  Amazing when a bigger company can hold them to honor shipping times they do it but when ordering direct from them they can yank around customers.

hckydv7 Wrote:It looks like I may have gotten lucky, which I assure you, is NOT something that happens often LOL. But, I've had 4 orders as a BUYER, and have been surprised each time as they have beat the "estimated arrival date" If it matters, I always order thru ebay, it costs the same, plus there are like 100 things in my cart @ comc & taking 'em off is a pain in the arse, so, I go ebay. I have one order in right now, placed Friday, if it runs long I'll let you know. OH, and if it matters, I usually save up my "wants" on comc until my order is over $100, this current order is just $20, so we'll see if there's a financial prejudice type thing I guess. I hope you get your stuff man!!!!

When the whole COVID -19 thing got going COMC said ship times would be delayed up to 3 months. I now have multiple orders from them that are well past 3 months. When I sent them a note about it all the said is they are working on catching up. I said prove it as some of my orders are now looking at 4 months. Anyone else having this problem or concern?
"The Rose goes in the front big guy..."

y2hood Wrote:I have an order due to ship in 7 days. We shall see what happens.
And crickets.

No movement, no email, nothing.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

Yesterday I sent a 'polite' email to COMC reminding them that although I know they are having timing issues with shipping, my order is more than a week late and would appreciate an update.

Today, they emailed me that my order will be shipped ASAP, which is good enough for me (even though ASAP might mean another month). At least they responded and apologized for the delay.