`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Crickets...

RE: Crickets...
(04-04-2019, 10:50 AM)hempick Wrote: I agree with the sentiment that SportsCardForum is nearly unusable. What an eyesore.
Like, if SCF was as easy to read and navigate as Beckett is, I would switch allegiances in a heartbeat.

facebook/twitter/instagram killed the beckett forums. Along with the hobby itself changing formats and going to the box breaking format that blew up in the past decade. It's all about social media. Instant gratification. Trading is a lost art. It's almost all buying and selling now.

Beckett does need to catch up with the times, as well as not charge for organize or trading. You can't tell me they're not making money hand over fist. How does it make any sense that it should cost money to trade? They're making ad revenue out the wazoo, as well as the cost of their org subscription, and probably an ill-fated attempt to keep the print media in circulation (I know some prefer it, but it's a dying media form for all intents and purposes).
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50

I trade all the time on SCF and I dont find it hard to navigate and use at all. You just have to spend some time there and get used to it. I bookmark useful links instead of using their interface so i can get to my subscriptions and message inbox to make it easier on me. And yeah, the upside is there is a TON of traffic there.
What killed Beckett for trading is the requirement to have all your cards in the org to be able to trade here. Obviously that was profit driven, which I understand - but found short sighted as it drove 90% of their users away. Its hard to keep my org up to date here as i do 99% of my trading elsewhere and its a pain to maintain 2 inventories of the same cards - one here in the org and my hand built database - which i can use to generate team lists - player lists - etc, instantly for specific trader needs. I recently updated my auto and GU lists here and havent gotten a single trade request. And the few I've tossed out have been ignored (probably inactive users)
In the end - Its too late to save the already sinking ship.
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

(04-07-2019, 11:09 AM)bselje Wrote: I trade all the time on SCF and I dont find it hard to navigate and use at all. You just have to spend some time there and get used to it. I bookmark useful links instead of using their interface so i can get to my subscriptions and message inbox to make it easier on me. And yeah, the upside is there is a TON of traffic there.
What killed Beckett for trading is the requirement to have all your cards in the org to be able to trade here. Obviously that was profit driven, which I understand - but found short sighted as it drove 90% of their users away. Its hard to keep my org up to date here as i do 99% of my trading elsewhere and its a pain to maintain 2 inventories of the same cards - one here in the org and my hand built database - which i can use to generate team lists - player lists - etc, instantly for specific trader needs. I recently updated my auto and GU lists here and havent gotten a single trade request. And the few I've tossed out have been ignored (probably inactive users)
In the end - Its too late to save the already sinking ship.
Agreed. I can't justify the money for the org and trading right now. Like you said, trading is so slow. Plus I'm almost out of trade bait lol.

(04-07-2019, 11:37 AM)savagenate Wrote: Plus I'm almost out of trade bait lol.
Right? It's weird no one wants my dupe 20th century cards!

(04-08-2019, 07:13 AM)jplarson Wrote: Right? It's weird no one wants my dupe 20th century cards!
Lol!