Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Crickets...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The boards are dead...are the baseball and hockey boards actually busy? Or are the Beckett forums a nuclear waste land?
Miss the good ol' days when org was free. Lots of trades and the forums were active!
It is a lot different than I remember it. Granted I wasnt here when the org was initiated so I dont know what prompted the change. But when I was most active in collecting you could easily do a couple trades a day. Maybe Facebook groups have something to do with it, but I'd rather not do facebook.
(04-03-2019, 11:50 AM)savagenate Wrote: [ -> ]The boards are dead...are the baseball and hockey boards actually busy? Or are the Beckett forums a nuclear waste land?
Yep, 100 percent dead.

There are about 2, if I'm being generous, longstanding board members per forum that actually converse and talk about cards, make trades, etc.

The rest are all newbs whose first post is, "here's my 10,000 cards for sale and I'm willing to take 5 percent off Beckett high" or whatever.

It's not uncommon for me to look at the main forum page and see myself as the last post on all four forums, LOL

Case in point ... I have a Giannis 2013-14 Prizm RC that I offered for trade on Dec. 11.

Back when I first joined it wouldn't have lasted a day before someone scooped it up.
We are now in the end game of Beckett's absolute focus on every last dollar and not building a brand friendly to collectors. The BGS board is a sad mausoleum. I've made my thoughts known on other threads before. I still love the hobby and talking to the few remaining holdouts here. I also hold out hope that one day the conglomerate that owns Beckett decides to spin them off and maybe someone else can actually help grown the hobby again.
The hard part is, I greatly, greatly, greatly prefer Beckett's site design over Sports Card Forum ... I get a headache trying to figure out what and where I'm looking at on SCF, but the traffic is a million times better.

(04-03-2019, 05:50 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: [ -> ]The hard part is, I greatly, greatly, greatly prefer Beckett's site design over Sports Card Forum ... I get a headache trying to figure out what and where I'm looking at on SCF, but the traffic is a million times better.
I just checked out that site. No thank you, kind of impossible. I can see why you prefer this site. It's really too bad this doesnt have more traffic.

I trade on both sites and much more often on Sportscardforum. I think we are talking about the same site anyways. I like some features on Beckett such as the org. It is nice that I can see who has a card for trade that I want. The only downfall is that some of them haven't been active for years. I really think Beckett would be better if it did not charge to trade. I only buy the org if there is someone that I can deal with that has something really nice that I want. I still make around 5 to 10 trades on here a month on average though when I have a subscription.

P.S. I normally just read other people's posts, but maybe I will try to post more myself.
Yeah, I found the same thing with Sportscardforum. I was lost lol. Beckett forums are easier. I don't buy the subscription anymore, though I love the checklist! It's so much easier to know what I have and what I need! But not worth the money. I prefer their grading look, but the prices are astronomical for someone in my budget class. I stick around only for the few hard core members who still post and chat. Good to know the other rooms are as dead as this one I guess...misery loves company lol.
I agree with the sentiment that SportsCardForum is nearly unusable. What an eyesore.
Pages: 1 2