Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Help with Organize

General Help with Organize
So I am entering in a ton of cards and I have run into problems and need help:
I have three kids and I have two collections for each 1) personal collection and 2) trade bait.

1) How do I set up the Personal Collection as "KEEPS", I do not see that option anywhere

2) When i look at the Stats for the Personal Collection it has 9 cards listed as "Trade Away", which I do not want. So a) is there any easy way to see which ones I accidentally marked as trade away? and b) if so how do I edit it once i figure out which cards are accidentally marked as trade away?

Thanks

RE: General Help with Organize
You can set up a collection and choose trade away or not. The ones you have as trade away can be changed to "0" and it will not be available for trade. Also, you can move these cards to a collection that is NOT public and no one can see them. For each card you can choose to have it public or not.

In my case I have the keeps for SF Giants in a separate collection and it is private. The trade cards are public and have the # I have and the # to trade. In the ALL ITEMS collection it has all the collections listed and you can see the # to trade etc.

It takes a little organization on your part and I am always moving my wants (PUBLIC) to my haves (PRIVATE) as the cards are found. This allows me to trade for the cards I need and not duplicate the trade cards.

The more you use it, the easier it gets.

Good luck

First, welcome.

Not sure which view you are looking at (default?) but you can change it to several different generic ones or a custom view where you can choose which columns you want to see. You can select a column for "Keeps" there but that doesn't really do anything. The only columns that really matter as far as being available for trade are the "trade away" and "trade for". Unless you have quantities in those columns nothing shows up in the trade area.

I have many collections for my Twins collection and just have them as private so they cannot be seen. But again, as long as cards are marked either "trade away" or "trade for" they show up in the trade area. Being private just means that nobody can see my collection.

Not sure that helps.
Follow up...

I checked up a little and can see you have 1 collection that is public view and also have about 1400 cards available to trade so it looks like you are on the right track.

Bonds2001 and mmahoney,

Thanks so much that was very helpful, I was looking for something like the "custom layout" which I found.

So once I complete a trade and I choose recieved, does Beckett Organize put it into my collection (and then I move between personal collection/trade bait) or do I need to add it to my Organize?

Thanks, this is so appreciated!
WRM

Once you've completed a trade here at Beckett, your "new" cards will automatically show up in your "Recently Traded" folder in your Organize. From there you can disperse them into any collection you want by simply selecting it and clicking on the "Move To" button at the top of your Organize. That will show you a list of your collections and you can click on the one you want to move your card(s) to.

We all have the columns in our Orgs set up the way that works best for each of us. For me personally, I have mine set up like this:

Card Description/Condition/Have/Keep/Trade Away/AU/Mem/SER/Beckett High.

You can set yours up any way you'd like.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Thank you!

To add on zeprock, the cards you traded away will also end up in "Recently Traded" reduced by the number you traded away. From there if you can move to trash if that is all you had. You must move to trash and then empty trash to totally remove from your Organize. If you just delete them from the collection they are in they stay in your Organize. When you look at your "All Items" collection you may see cards in there not in a separate collection you have set up. Those would need to go through trash to remove. Not a big deal if you only have a few hundred cards in your organize but I have almost 250,000 items so they get lost for me. Every once in a while I stumble across a card that I do not have in a separate collection.

(02-22-2019, 06:40 PM)mmahoney Wrote: To add on zeprock, the cards you traded away will also end up in "Recently Traded" reduced by the number you traded away. From there if you can move to trash if that is all you had. You must move to trash and then empty trash to totally remove from your Organize. If you just delete them from the collection they are in they stay in your Organize. When you look at your "All Items" collection you may see cards in there not in a separate collection you have set up. Those would need to go through trash to remove. Not a big deal if you only have a few hundred cards in your organize but I have almost 250,000 items so they get lost for me. Every once in a while I stumble across a card that I do not have in a separate collection.
One caveat to this, if you are keeping a certain card and also traded a dupe of it, you do not want to move that to trash and delete it because it will also delete the card you want to keep. In this instance, you want to "x" out the "Recently Traded" tag which will remove it from your "Recently Traded" collection but still leave it in your original collection.

For example: If you have a card marked as 2 Haves/1 Keep/1 Trade Away and you trade it, it will show up in your "Recently Traded" folder with two tags, one showing it being in your "Recently Traded" folder and the other showing it in whatever other collection you have it in. If you move that to Trash and then empty your Trash, then that card will disappear from both folders and no longer show in your Organize. Just delete the tag on that card.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(02-23-2019, 06:32 AM)zeprock Wrote: One caveat to this, if you are keeping a certain card and also traded a dupe of it, you do not want to move that to trash and delete it because it will also delete the card you want to keep. In this instance, you want to "x" out the "Recently Traded" tag which will remove it from your "Recently Traded" collection but still leave it in your original collection.

For example: If you have a card marked as 2 Haves/1 Keep/1 Trade Away and you trade it, it will show up in your "Recently Traded" folder with two tags, one showing it being in your "Recently Traded" folder and the other showing it in whatever other collection you have it in. If you move that to Trash and then empty your Trash, then that card will disappear from both folders and no longer show in your Organize. Just delete the tag on that card.
Good catch. In instances where I have the same card for trade and keep I just duplicate it so I have of the card in my organize twice, 1 keep and 1 trade. You can duplicate as my times as you want. I see some people that copy the card as many times as they have it with a quantity of 1. In any case, only move to trash when you no longer want the card in your organize.

I get a lot of haves that I traded. I delete the card from the recently traded..there is ax "X" to do that and it keeps the card in my HAVES. Also, if I trade 1 and have 2 to trade, I send to trash and then move from trash to trade collection. I need to do this after receiving every trade to keep things straight. I just completed a trade of 335 cards..sometimes the maintenance is harder than the trade.