`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A game for the ages!

A game for the ages!
How about them Packers?! Sorry to you bears fans, but that was one of the greatest games I've ever seen! From a horrific start, to looking like Rodgers may be done for the year, to him coming back to lead us to a one point win?! Insane! Hopefully Rodgers injury isn't too bad! After all those commercials of Matthews ticking off Rodgers, what do you think Rodgers would've done if we had lost because of Matthew's stupid decision to rough the QB? What a game!

On the bright side for bears fans, Mack is an absolute beast! With some tweaking on the offensive side, you guys will be a tough team to beat this year!

RE: A game for the ages!
So, the Packers won at home by 1 point over a team predicted to finish last in the division again. And this makes you excited enough to post a Thread about it??? LOL

Actually, the Packers should have lost if a Bears defensive back cared enough to catch an obvious interception. The Packers got lucky.

I should know...Vikes vs. Saints...ring a bell?

I'm a Lions fan. Don't get me started about how I literally hated every moment of that game.

Token Bears fan posting in a thread with Packers, Vikings, and Lions fans....

I'm actually very happy with how the Bears did. There's reason for plenty of optimism for the team and given how seemingly the entirety of Wisconsin was gifting this game for the Packers I'm very glad the Bears were as competitive as they were.

Barring injuries this defense will improve on their top 10 finish last year in terms of points and yardage.

(09-10-2018, 11:11 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I'm a Lions fan. Don't get me started about how I literally hated every moment of that game.
My "favorite" moment was when Rodgers threw 12 yards and then the receiver ran another 63 yards while avoiding 3 tackles, and Cris Collinsworth says "Rodgers does it again".

(09-10-2018, 12:24 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: My "favorite" moment was when Rodgers threw 12 yards and then the receiver ran another 63 yards while avoiding 3 tackles, and Cris Collinsworth says "Rodgers does it again".
I got tired of the borderline worship of Favre, Manning, Brady and now Rodgers, and Collinsworth is one of the worst at that.
I collect Ray Lewis, Roger Staubach, Drew Pearson, Kellen Winslow Sr..  I no longer keep my Org here up to date. Please check with me.  Here is a thread with links to my inventory.

Stop raining on my parade guys! :p
I was one of the few predicting a bad start for the pack. And they showed exactly what I thought they'd look like in the first half, though I had higher hopes for the defense. What Rodgers did in the second half was amazing, but definitely a team sport, and a game of inches! Fuller should've picked Rodgers to end the game. Bears got lucky with a bad Matthews penalty, and had a second chance at redemption. It was a tale of two halves. Rodgers on one leg was good enough, and that's what matters! Kizer looked like Hundley 2.0 after those first two passes.

Now stop the hating! lol! I need another Packer fan on here to keep me company...

Calm thyself...the reason for our dismay is not the actual game but the constant worship of a guy wearing the Green and mustard yellow. Yes, he did what was needed but I am sure there was at least 300 instances of hearing "Aaron Rodgers" even while your defense was on the field.

LeBron James has the same deal...no matter how the team does it will always be 'him and the rest'. Annoying!

All said with a smile on my face...

(09-10-2018, 12:24 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: My "favorite" moment was when Rodgers threw 12 yards and then the receiver ran another 63 yards while avoiding 3 tackles, and Cris Collinsworth says "Rodgers does it again".
It's horrible.

Stafford gets destroyed last night by the Jets and misses what, one snap?

Unlike Erin Rodgers, there was no reason for Stafford to get carted off the field, stare wistfully in the stands, and then make a "Willis Reed Comeback For the Ages" because the Bears made exactly ZERO adjustments offensively or defensively in the second half.

Meanwhile, "Rodgers" Goodell had plenty of time while Erin was out with that devastating injury to call down to the field and instruct the referees to stop calling holding in the second half so that Erin could make his epic comeback.

The funniest part was his girlfriend looking astonished up in the suite ... I was actually laughing at that, like, wow, you don't watch much football, do you?

Erin is the king of the RFL (Rigged Football League), we should all just accept that by now.

Like, remember the "Hail Mary" they keep showing against the Lions a couple of years ago?

Yeah, that game that actually ended on a sack by Detroit, but the refs threw a facemask flag even though replay clearly showed there was no facemask?

Yeah. Right.

The Bears should have won by three touchdowns, so if Bears fans are thrilled with that moral victory, you shouldn't be.

Look at it this way ... you gave up how much cap room and draft picks for one player who disappeared in the second half and was out of shape (probably from missing every single "team" workout in the offseason)?

He had the most dominating half of defensive football I've ever seen, and then literally didn't do crap in the second half.

So ... they could have lost without him, is what I'm getting at.

And for some reason, the NFL thinks that everybody but Packers fans gives a flying rat's crap about Erin.

Newsflash ... we don't.

Most rigged league ever, it's like watching professional wrestling.

Absolutely nauseating, the whole thing.

(By the way, I give full credit to the Jets ... they destroyed us, plain and simple.)

Worst Lions game ever, I'm pretty sure we're headed for last place.

I may check back in around Thanksgiving.

Maybe not.

Thank God the NBA is starting soon.

Right after the 4th quarter started I turned to my wife and said "I wonder how much the NFL paid the Bears during halftime to throw the game", even though they were still up by 10 points. People are a bit naive to think there is no corruption in the NFL, but I am not serious about paying off a team to lose. But, it sure looked like it to me.

And for you Rodgers fans that think we are just jealous of him, stop and ask yourself why the NFL changed the rule this year that defensive players can no longer land on the quarterback during a sack...it is called the "Aaron Rodgers Rule" and Cris Collinsworth said as much during the game.

And not just Rodgers. Troy Aikman must have a secret love affair with Brett Favre because he never stops talking about him during games even after Favre's retirement. Tom Brady gets the same adoration from every commentator; I am surprised there was not a lawsuit after the Super Bowl loss. Last I checked, this is a team sport. IMO