`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A game for the ages!

RE: A game for the ages!
(09-11-2018, 11:51 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Look at it this way ... you gave up how much cap room and draft picks for one player who disappeared in the second half and was out of shape (probably from missing every single "team" workout in the offseason)?

He had the most dominating half of defensive football I've ever seen, and then literally didn't do crap in the second half.

So ... they could have lost without him, is what I'm getting at.
I look at it this way. I don't think the odds are good that the Bears can land a Khalil Mack caliber player picking in the low teens, high single digits. Mack is a generational talent and yeah the Bears may be paying for past production but that's how it works.

I'm more that certain he's not quite in game conditioning yet, but if you look around the NFL there were a lot of guys who were getting gassed. Starters aren't playing preseason games and thus the first few weeks of the NFL season looks sloppy with guys tired.

I'm sure the Bears don't do as well if Mack isn't there but trying to beat Aaron Rodgers at home is a tall order no matter how the game went. Rodgers is a rare specimen. His ability to throw on a dime without a left leg is amazing!

(09-11-2018, 01:22 PM)jplarson Wrote: I look at it this way. I don't think the odds are good that the Bears can land a Khalil Mack caliber player picking in the low teens, high single digits. Mack is a generational talent and yeah the Bears may be paying for past production but that's how it works.

I'm more that certain he's not quite in game conditioning yet, but if you look around the NFL there were a lot of guys who were getting gassed. Starters aren't playing preseason games and thus the first few weeks of the NFL season looks sloppy with guys tired.

I'm sure the Bears don't do as well if Mack isn't there but trying to beat Aaron Rodgers at home is a tall order no matter how the game went. Rodgers is a rare specimen. His ability to throw on a dime without a left leg is amazing!
Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking forward to playing him!

The way Detroit's O-line looked last night, I can pretty much promise you the Bears won't be last this year.

NFL Network is replaying that game tonight during Prime Time...what?? What a shock!

For those who doubt the NFL is corrupt like any other business, let me know if you watch the replay and see at least 1 blitz from the Bears in the 2nd half when they know Rodgers is gimpy and cannot move well.

I cried the same corruption after the Vikes humiliating loss to the Eagles last year. The NFL would have lost a lot of money if the home team hosted the Super Bowl, so they needed an outside team's fan base to come and spend the money. IMO

(09-11-2018, 07:05 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: NFL Network is replaying that game tonight during Prime Time...what?? What a shock!

For those who doubt the NFL is corrupt like any other business, let me know if you watch the replay and see at least 1 blitz from the Bears in the 2nd half when they know Rodgers is gimpy and cannot move well.

I cried the same corruption after the Vikes humiliating loss to the Eagles last year. The NFL would have lost a lot of money if the home team hosted the Super Bowl, so they needed an outside team's fan base to come and spend the money. IMO
What is sad is I honestly believe that even if Detroit had all the necessary pieces to win a Super Bowl, the RFL would never let them.

That was a reeeeeeaaaaaalllllly bad look against the Cowboys in the playoffs in 2011 when the refs picked up the pass interference flag and cost the Lions the game, and then RFL head of officiating Dean Blandino was seen immediately after partying on the Cowboys' team bus.

Or the Monday night game against Seattle when the Seahawks LB batted the ball out of the end zone, which is illegal.

But the refs apparently did know that was a rule until the day after the game.

Or the Wild Card game in Seattle a couple of years back when Paul Richardson pulled the Lions DB down to the ground via the facemask to catch a TD pass.

Or when Russell Wilson clearly blocked a Lions player in the back literally right in front of the referee.

(I have screenshots of those two plays in particular that I sent to the RFL office, but surprise, surprise no one even acknowledged them.)

Or the 10-second runoff in the final seconds against Atlanta last year.

Or, you know, the whole Calvin Johnson catch rule thing, where he did a complete 360 degree spin with his hand on top of the ball and it still wasn't a catch.

The Lions lead the league in "Monday Apologies" from the RFL.

Don't believe me, go look it up.

But hell, as long as "The Super Bowl halftime show is brought to you by Ford" - as in, the Ford family that has owned the Lions forever - why would the RFL and Rodgers Goodell need to give a crap about them?

(09-10-2018, 09:50 AM)savagenate Wrote: How about them Packers?! Sorry to you bears fans, but that was one of the greatest games I've ever seen! From a horrific start, to looking like Rodgers may be done for the year, to him coming back to lead us to a one point win?! Insane! Hopefully Rodgers injury isn't too bad! After all those commercials of Matthews ticking off Rodgers, what do you think Rodgers would've done if we had lost because of Matthew's stupid decision to rough the QB? What a game!

On the bright side for bears fans, Mack is an absolute beast! With some tweaking on the offensive side, you guys will be a tough team to beat this year!
LOL with rodgers, i think you could chop a leg off and he would jump over everyone on the D and still win, the guy is freak. The pack where so lucky to go from favre to rodgers.
I collect Eddie George, Marcus Mariota, Derrick Henry, Corey Davis and other titans
my bucket
http://s608.photobucket.com/user/aussiet...n/library/

[Image: Header_Mariota_zpsddsop4z4.jpg][/URL]

(09-11-2018, 12:09 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Right after the 4th quarter started I turned to my wife and said "I wonder how much the NFL paid the Bears during halftime to throw the game", even though they were still up by 10 points. People are a bit naive to think there is no corruption in the NFL, but I am not serious about paying off a team to lose. But, it sure looked like it to me.

And for you Rodgers fans that think we are just jealous of him, stop and ask yourself why the NFL changed the rule this year that defensive players can no longer land on the quarterback during a sack...it is called the "Aaron Rodgers Rule" and Cris Collinsworth said as much during the game.

And not just Rodgers. Troy Aikman must have a secret love affair with Brett Favre because he never stops talking about him during games even after Favre's retirement. Tom Brady gets the same adoration from every commentator; I am surprised there was not a lawsuit after the Super Bowl loss. Last I checked, this is a team sport. IMO
You are completely right, and I hate having the Rodgers rule. It's football, not flag football! I've given so much crap to Brady for the years for the blasted knee rule, where anyone falls near his knees and gets a penalty, and the stupid tuck rule, now I have to admit my quarterback is in the same mix Sad I feel like Rodgers has changed over the years, and maybe that's just me being naive. I felt like he was a team player early on, now I feel like he's become more selfish. As much as I hate Brady, he's done just about everything he can to keep his contract in check to field a competitive TEAM. We are nothing without Aaron Rodgers, and we pay him so much money now that it will be tough to get enough players to truly make a run at greatness.
(09-11-2018, 11:51 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: It's horrible.

Stafford gets destroyed last night by the Jets and misses what, one snap?

Unlike Erin Rodgers, there was no reason for Stafford to get carted off the field, stare wistfully in the stands, and then make a "Willis Reed Comeback For the Ages" because the Bears made exactly ZERO adjustments offensively or defensively in the second half.

Meanwhile, "Rodgers" Goodell had plenty of time while Erin was out with that devastating injury to call down to the field and instruct the referees to stop calling holding in the second half so that Erin could make his epic comeback.

The funniest part was his girlfriend looking astonished up in the suite ... I was actually laughing at that, like, wow, you don't watch much football, do you?

Erin is the king of the RFL (Rigged Football League), we should all just accept that by now.

Like, remember the "Hail Mary" they keep showing against the Lions a couple of years ago?

Yeah, that game that actually ended on a sack by Detroit, but the refs threw a facemask flag even though replay clearly showed there was no facemask?

Yeah. Right.

The Bears should have won by three touchdowns, so if Bears fans are thrilled with that moral victory, you shouldn't be.

Look at it this way ... you gave up how much cap room and draft picks for one player who disappeared in the second half and was out of shape (probably from missing every single "team" workout in the offseason)?

He had the most dominating half of defensive football I've ever seen, and then literally didn't do crap in the second half.

So ... they could have lost without him, is what I'm getting at.

And for some reason, the NFL thinks that everybody but Packers fans gives a flying rat's crap about Erin.

Newsflash ... we don't.

Most rigged league ever, it's like watching professional wrestling.

Absolutely nauseating, the whole thing.

(By the way, I give full credit to the Jets ... they destroyed us, plain and simple.)

Worst Lions game ever, I'm pretty sure we're headed for last place.

I may check back in around Thanksgiving.

Maybe not.

Thank God the NBA is starting soon.
I beg to differ, definitely a face mask in that game! :p Didn't make up for the one that wasn't called in the NFC championship game vs the Cardinals though...
(09-11-2018, 01:22 PM)jplarson Wrote: I look at it this way. I don't think the odds are good that the Bears can land a Khalil Mack caliber player picking in the low teens, high single digits. Mack is a generational talent and yeah the Bears may be paying for past production but that's how it works.

I agree, gotta give Mack credit for his stellar play in the first half, but also understandable if he was gassed in the second. He's a surefire talent vs throws at a dartboard with draft picks. I think the bears made a great decision that will cause much pain for my team for many years...

(09-12-2018, 03:59 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: What is sad is I honestly believe that even if Detroit had all the necessary pieces to win a Super Bowl, the RFL would never let them.

That was a reeeeeeaaaaaalllllly bad look against the Cowboys in the playoffs in 2011 when the refs picked up the pass interference flag and cost the Lions the game, and then RFL head of officiating Dean Blandino was seen immediately after partying on the Cowboys' team bus.

Or the Monday night game against Seattle when the Seahawks LB batted the ball out of the end zone, which is illegal.

But the refs apparently did know that was a rule until the day after the game.

Or the Wild Card game in Seattle a couple of years back when Paul Richardson pulled the Lions DB down to the ground via the facemask to catch a TD pass.

Or when Russell Wilson clearly blocked a Lions player in the back literally right in front of the referee.

(I have screenshots of those two plays in particular that I sent to the RFL office, but surprise, surprise no one even acknowledged them.)

Or the 10-second runoff in the final seconds against Atlanta last year.

Or, you know, the whole Calvin Johnson catch rule thing, where he did a complete 360 degree spin with his hand on top of the ball and it still wasn't a catch.

The Lions lead the league in "Monday Apologies" from the RFL.

Don't believe me, go look it up.

But hell, as long as "The Super Bowl halftime show is brought to you by Ford" - as in, the Ford family that has owned the Lions forever - why would the RFL and Rodgers Goodell need to give a crap about them?
The Calvin Johnson no catch was a disaster, I agree with you there! Anything to do with Dallas and the Pats are rigged and overlooked by the NFL in my opinion. It also extends to star players.
(09-13-2018, 03:41 AM)titansaussiefan Wrote: LOL with rodgers, i think you could chop a leg off and he would jump over everyone on the D and still win, the guy is freak. The pack where so lucky to go from favre to rodgers.
Indeed! Lol he's made some amazing plays while injured...incredible thrower of the football! Our luck will run out at some point, so I'm enjoying the HOF play at QB while it lasts before we descend into browns level lol!

One of the best games I've ever seen. I've been as into football lately as I used to be (thanks Panini and head injuries), but that was one for the ages.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

(09-10-2018, 11:11 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I'm a Lions fan. Don't get me started about how I literally hated every moment of that game.
Living at the other end of the spectrum, I thoroughly enjoyed the game. But, I do feel your pain, as I've lived through it, way too many times. My only hope, is that we saw the real Sam Darnold. Time will tell.
I collect NY Jets cards

Annnnnndddd the latest "State Farm Special" from Monday Night Football ...

3rd and 15, 40 seconds left, Packers driving, score tied 30-30.

Rodgers is sacked!

Wait for it ...

Wait for it ...

(You actually did have to wait about 2 seconds for it, because the refs needed time to come up with something to keep the drive alive ...)

FLAG! On the 49ers!

Grievous illegal contact by Richard Sherman, he damn near decapitated that poor Packers receiver when his forearm brushed the side of the uniform!

Two plays later ... Crosby nails the game winning field goal!

Rodgers has done it again, folks, he is clearly the GOAT!!!

(Despite having only one Super Bowl to his credit, despite having more help from the officials than any other player in the history of professional sports!)

Come on man, even as a Packers fan you have to admit he gets unreal special treatment.

With 49ers leading by 7 with less than 5 minutes left I already tallied a win in the books by the Packers because the League wants the Packers to win at home. Period. Whatever it takes.

I thought the announcer was going to blow his larynx out when Adams scored the tying TD. The unbiased announcer on Monday Night Football...right.

RJ...you forgot the two obvious holds by the offensive line on the same play when the Packers had the ball during the drive to the winning FG and Rodgers had time to throw the ball downfield to a wide open receiver.

But, the confirming moment that the 49ers were going to lose is when they had the lead and the 49er QB had no defensive player to his left on 3rd down and he ran to the right, straight into Clay Matthews and fell down. And they showed the deadpan face of the 49er coach on the sideline as if he wasn't the least bit upset at that play. Do we really think the NFL is 100% unscripted??!