`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone been to a World Series game?

RE: Anyone been to a World Series game?
(10-26-2016, 08:01 AM)sshissler Wrote: Went to both game 1 and 2 in Tampa in 2008... djohn - didn't realize you were in Tampa!
I am just south in Sarasota, but go to a few Rays games every year. In 2008 I went to a game for each of the playoff rounds and the World Series.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I had tickets to both of the games in Texas in 2010 against SF. But I didn't go to either one. Had work-related stuff come up at the last minute and wasn't able to go.

Probably as close as I'll get since Texas doesn't look to be getting back anytime soon.

We had three games here in 2010 -- trust me, I went to all 3 --- and we only won game 3. And with your drive, it had to be even harder to plan.
Plano, Tx. Card Show #7, Sunday March 5, 2017 from 9 AM to 4 PM at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx.

In my previous life as a sportswriter, I covered one of the 2002 WS games between the Giants and Angels at AT&T Park (I think it was called PacBell Park back then).

I have never seen so many media people in one place at one time - you literally were packed shoulder to shoulder after the game and it was almost impossible to get around.

It was a great experience, but one of those things I only need to do once - kind of like when I went to Times Square on New Year's with my girlfriend at the time!

I was lucky enough to go to 1996 World Series game 6 and watch the Yankees win. Also, I went t game one of the ALCS that year where some Maier kid got a Jeter home run. Both games are something I will never forget. One great experience.

Last time I went to a WS games was 1989 in SF and an earthquake hit. So I see it as bad luck now.

I was at the 2010 WS at watching the Rangers and Giants. It was a blast. I should have gotten the standing room only for I dont think I sat down through the whole game.
On a side note I stayed in the Stadium 2 hours after the game mainly for the crowd to leave and for me to sober up so I would not get a DWI. I bet I spent 100.00 on beer at 5.00 a bottle I had 6 or 7 before the game started and I was the first one in line to get in. I was at the ball park 4 hours before it started. After the game I drove approx 200 miles before I had to pull over and sleep so I could make it home alive (approx 300 mile trip)
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]