`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Opening Day is near!!! Who's going? (Updated with a few Pics 4/13)

RE: Opening Day is near!!! Who's going?
Not me, my Sox are staring the season on the road, which is just as well because we still have plenty of snow.

This year is so far proving to be a road trip year for me and one of my buds. He's a Mets fan (no ones perfect) so I have found myself going to the Nationals Stadium to watch the Mets -vs- Nationals for opening day. But this is what we have for tickets so far for other venues...

April 8th in Philadelphia to watch the Red Sox -vs- Phillies (Opening day for me Smile GO SOX!)

The next road trip made possible because of traveling for business...

May 7 Arizona: Diamond Backs -vs- Padres
May 8 Toronto: Blue Jays -vs- Red Sox Smile
May 9 Cleveland: Indians -vs- Twins
May 10: Pittsburgh: Pirates -vs- Cardinals

The next one is going to be awesome and very nostalgic. Like I said, my friends a Mets fan and I'm a Red Sox fan....

Aug 28 New York: Mets -vs- Red Sox
Aug 29 New York: Mets -vs- Red Sox
Aug 30 New York: Mets -vs- Red Sox

So far these are the tickets we have in hand. Being about a 40 minute drive from Camden Yards I'm sure there is more to come. We are also trying to figure in a trip to Atlanta, we shall see how it goes with that. The best part, my wife is good with me doing all the traveling as long as I get her to Fenway this year, um yeah, I think I can work that in. Smile

I'm headed with my 4 yr old daughter to Fenway on April 14. She saw that there is a Wally the Green Monster bobblehead that she has to have so I bought the tickets awhile back. How many ballparks have you all checked off? Here are mine, it isn't much.

Fenway Park
Coors Field
Chase Field
PNC Park
Olympic Stadium - Montreal, not one many can check off there list now a days.
Camden Yards - no game, but pretty much walked in during BP a few years ago so I count it Smile
[Image: image_zps2colexaf.jpeg]
Looking for Mookie Betts, Antonio Brown, Pedroia, Andrew McCutchen, David Ortiz, Draymond Green

(04-04-2015, 07:30 AM)joncarrie2006 Wrote: I'm headed with my 4 yr old daughter to Fenway on April 14. She saw that there is a Wally the Green Monster bobblehead that she has to have so I bought the tickets awhile back. How many ballparks have you all checked off? Here are mine, it isn't much.

Fenway Park
Coors Field
Chase Field
PNC Park
Camden Yards - no game, but pretty much walked in during BP a few years ago so I count it Smile
Got this one last year at Fenway....

[Image: FBnOiM2.jpg]

I'm very jealous of your road trip...

(04-04-2015, 09:49 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: I'm very jealous of your road trip...
Been very fortunate this year. I'm looking forward to it, should be a lot of fun.

(04-04-2015, 07:53 AM)ne12bc12 Wrote: Got this one last year at Fenway....

[Image: FBnOiM2.jpg]
This one they'd giving away to every kid 14 and under.
[Image: image_zps2colexaf.jpeg]
Looking for Mookie Betts, Antonio Brown, Pedroia, Andrew McCutchen, David Ortiz, Draymond Green

(04-05-2015, 06:46 AM)joncarrie2006 Wrote: This one they'd giving away to every kid 14 and under.
Oh, I don't know. Purchased this one last year at a game. Didn't realize you were talking about a give away.

(04-04-2015, 06:30 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: Not me, my Sox are staring the season on the road, which is just as well because we still have plenty of snow.
Probably good that they start on the road then if you still have snow.
(04-04-2015, 07:24 AM)ne12bc12 Wrote: This year is so far proving to be a road trip year for me and one of my buds. He's a Mets fan (no ones perfect) so I have found myself going to the Nationals Stadium to watch the Mets -vs- Nationals for opening day. But this is what we have for tickets so far for other venues...

April 8th in Philadelphia to watch the Red Sox -vs- Phillies (Opening day for me Smile GO SOX!)

The next road trip made possible because of traveling for business...

May 7 Arizona: Diamond Backs -vs- Padres
May 8 Toronto: Blue Jays -vs- Red Sox Smile
May 9 Cleveland: Indians -vs- Twins
May 10: Pittsburgh: Pirates -vs- Cardinals

The next one is going to be awesome and very nostalgic. Like I said, my friends a Mets fan and I'm a Red Sox fan....

Aug 28 New York: Mets -vs- Red Sox
Aug 29 New York: Mets -vs- Red Sox
Aug 30 New York: Mets -vs- Red Sox

So far these are the tickets we have in hand. Being about a 40 minute drive from Camden Yards I'm sure there is more to come. We are also trying to figure in a trip to Atlanta, we shall see how it goes with that. The best part, my wife is good with me doing all the traveling as long as I get her to Fenway this year, um yeah, I think I can work that in. Smile
Sounds like a blast! Im assuming you are flying from AZ to Toronto?

(04-04-2015, 07:30 AM)joncarrie2006 Wrote: I'm headed with my 4 yr old daughter to Fenway on April 14. She saw that there is a Wally the Green Monster bobblehead that she has to have so I bought the tickets awhile back. How many ballparks have you all checked off? Here are mine, it isn't much.

Fenway Park
Coors Field
Chase Field
PNC Park
Very cool. Hope you and your daughter have a great time!

I've only actually seen games at Tiger Stadium and Comerica Park. Thinking about making a trip to Wrigley in August when the Tigers play there.

(04-05-2015, 11:48 AM)mgruber2 Wrote: Sounds like a blast! Im assuming you are flying from AZ to Toronto?
Logistics got a little confusing but we will be flying into Buffalo where we will have a car staged to drive the two hours to Toronto. Then drive onto Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Then home. Biggest baseball road trip I've ever done. Can't wait.