IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Recent Andre Ethier Pickups!!

RE: Recent Andre Ethier Pickups!!
Very good stuff man, Congrats!
[Image: Exposfan09.jpg]

"Because some men aren't looking for money. They can't be bought, bullied, or reasoned with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Collecting Ryan Zimmerman and Marquis Grissom!

(09-12-2013, 06:18 PM)exposfan09 Wrote: Very good stuff man, Congrats!
Thanks Exposfan!

There is some back story to this card.

I was first alerted to this card by a member of the board and he let me know there was a FB group and this card was posted on it. I joined the group and spoke with the guy who was moving it. He was pretty much the epitome of the word douchenozzle. We had several messages back and forth, we agreed to a trade value price and everything I brought up to him he declined, even of his PC player. I even gave him the option to pick what he wanted off eBay and I would buy it, again, he declined he keept declining because someone else was in his ear telling him he could get more for it. So I finally said F this dude and went on about my business. A couple of weeks later some of guys at the National let me know the card was there and what the person selling was asking. I kindly declined and decided to move on from the card. Well not too long after that is popped on eBay, and when it did, not only did I not have the funds as I made some other purchases, I pretty much said to myself no...this card is going to be the one you say you let pass by on principle after all that happened.

A really good friend of mine on FCB is the one who helped me get this for my PC. Thanks George!!

It is the one and only bat nameplate for Andre Ethier. Although he does have bat barrels in 2009 Topps Unique he does not have any other nameplates.

[Image: EthierPCScans820.jpg]

[Image: EthierPCScans821.jpg]

(09-16-2013, 08:20 PM)alexs64 Wrote: There is some back story to this card.

I was first alerted to this card by a member of the board and he let me know there was a FB group and this card was posted on it. I joined the group and spoke with the guy who was moving it. He was pretty much the epitome of the word douchenozzle. We had several messages back and forth, we agreed to a trade value price and everything I brought up to him he declined, even of his PC player. I even gave him the option to pick what he wanted off eBay and I would buy it, again, he declined he keept declining because someone else was in his ear telling him he could get more for it. So I finally said F this dude and went on about my business. A couple of weeks later some of guys at the National let me know the card was there and what the person selling was asking. I kindly declined and decided to move on from the card. Well not too long after that is popped on eBay, and when it did, not only did I not have the funds as I made some other purchases, I pretty much said to myself no...this card is going to be the one you say you let pass by on principle after all that happened.

A really good friend of mine on FCB is the one who helped me get this for my PC. Thanks George!!

It is the one and only bat nameplate for Andre Ethier. Although he does have bat barrels in 2009 Topps Unique he does not have any other nameplates.

[Image: EthierPCScans820.jpg]

[Image: EthierPCScans821.jpg]
Really Amazing card!! And great story behind it!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!