`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to buy: a case, a bunch of various boxes, or a case break?

RE: What to buy: a case, a bunch of various boxes, or a case break?
Hey Josh, this Memorial Day weekend blowout has a 10 box case of 2013 Gypsy Queen for $814, plus a $5 off online coupon code. ($809 cant be beat ... $9 over budget, but probably worth it .. 20 autos 20 relics 10 box loaders,) But they also have this "old school" promotion of 10 mixed boxes of baseball/football/Basketball from late 90's early 2000's ... For $474 ..... Not endorsing blowout, just passing along some info. Good luck.
2013 GQ has some interesting case breaks that might be interesting, plus each box has the mini box loaders and potential for the mini button card and the mini booklet and mini auto that's only available from the box loaders ... Just FYI.
Weird, my post must have been lost ... It never showed up on the thread? Unless there's some Beckett site tweaking going on?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Singles u will be much happier
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

since u are in the business of selling, i would go with bowman jumbo case or wait it out for a case of bowman chrome or topps chrome. bowman draft doesnt come out till nov if u want to wait that long, i have always been happy with my cases of draft. whatever u pick good luck. i would also look at some 90s basketball...that stuff is on fire with numbered inserts and of course jordans.
--i saw note about not being a collector or prospector, bowman draft has just always been a fun case and ive been able to keep what i want and sell some hits i didnt want to recoup most of my money.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

I would buy a case since you are guaranteed case hits at that point. You could buy a bunch of boxes and miss anything good.

I am not sure the price of Bowman Platinum but for my money, or your $800 in this case, get as many boxes as you can. You can pull autos of Trout, Strasburg, Jesus Montero(I know he got sent down), Dustin Ackley (See the parenthetical after Montero), Jackie Bradly Jr. This product is actually fully loaded. Moreover, it is two autos plus an auto relic per box and there is a box topper auto redemption in every other box it seems. 1 in 5 of those is Freddie Freeman. This is just my opinion but I loved this stuff. Also, it is loaded with base rooks like, Stras, Posey, Stanton, Doubront, Castro etc etc etc.

Do you own a brick and morter? If so, are you in Massachusetts?
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

(05-29-2013, 09:48 PM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: I am not sure the price of Bowman Platinum but for my money, or your $800 in this case, get as many boxes as you can. You can pull autos of Trout, Strasburg, Jesus Montero(I know he got sent down), Dustin Ackley (See the parenthetical after Montero), Jackie Bradly Jr. This product is actually fully loaded. Moreover, it is two autos plus an auto relic per box and there is a box topper auto redemption in every other box it seems. 1 in 5 of those is Freddie Freeman. This is just my opinion but I loved this stuff. Also, it is loaded with base rooks like, Stras, Posey, Stanton, Doubront, Castro etc etc etc.

Do you own a brick and morter? If so, are you in Massachusetts?
As much as this is a cool product, Bowman products, other than Chrome, have a history of just not holding their value. I personally love the other products but if you are looking for one single case, I would not go with a Bowman product.

Since you are likely using them for your lots, I suggest Allen and Ginter or the new Topps Archives. You get a TON of cool cards that would be awesome in your lots. Archives has all those sick insert sets that people would love to get a card or two of. Sounds like you won't be able to get a master set from an Archives case but you could finish off the main set and the SP set so you could sell those separate and you won't be stuck with a bunch of base.
I'm sure you've already considered this but you could always buy one of the massive GU/Auto collections on Huggins and Scott or Heritage. Not as much fun as breaking but you get cool stuff that will fill up those lots pretty fast.

(05-29-2013, 09:48 PM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: Do you own a brick and morter? If so, are you in Massachusetts?
i used to live in brighton, but i moved down to the Q last year (twice the space for the same amount of money). dont have a store, nor do i keep a huge inventory...just a dude running the longest lasting dutch auction in ebay history :p

but i do sell locally to folks who find me
(05-30-2013, 06:20 PM)jstbuch Wrote: As much as this is a cool product, Bowman products, other than Chrome, have a history of just not holding their value.
but i also dont hold onto cards. if i bought a case, the cards would be gone within a month.

(05-30-2013, 06:20 PM)jstbuch Wrote: Since you are likely using them for your lots, I suggest Allen and Ginter or the new Topps Archives.
I stay away from ginter just because it has too mcuh non-sports stuff. and if my case hit is a bleeping butterfly, id freak. not in a good way

as far as archives: i liked 2011 lineage a LOT more than 2012 archives

(05-30-2013, 06:20 PM)jstbuch Wrote: I'm sure you've already considered this but you could always buy one of the massive GU/Auto collections on Huggins and Scott or Heritage. Not as much fun as breaking but you get cool stuff that will fill up those lots pretty fast.
never heard of that, but i buy game used lots all the time. i usually can find nice stuff cheap as long as im patient.

i kind of have a hankering to break wax

but to be truthful, im almost shying away from it now...i know buying a box i will lose at least 40% of what i pay, unless i get insanely lucky. im thinking i might just buy 1 mid level box and try to qwell this wax breaking thing i got in my brain

[/quote]

(05-29-2013, 03:39 PM)jstbuch Wrote: I would buy a case since you are guaranteed case hits at that point. You could buy a bunch of boxes and miss anything good.
thats kind of what i was thinking. but even with the case hit...id probably lose at least 30% still

so, i just bought a case of 2013 topps archives for 700 including shipping. **fingers crossed**

Good Luck! Keep us posted with your pulls!
Collecting: Allen Craig, David Freese, and a few others.
http://s1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321...1QQtppZZ20

(06-04-2013, 10:03 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: so, i just bought a case of 2013 topps archives for 700 including shipping. **fingers crossed**
Good luck! Hope you pull an Axl Rose Card!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.