`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Opinions on grading please help!

RE: Opinions on grading please help!
(06-14-2012, 10:16 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: The Hultzen even looks OC to me.
yeah that's what I was thinking but I guess the top and bottom centering isn't, so maybe the centering would result in a 9 or 9.5?
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

Sorry, but I think the Peavy is a 9 at best. If it has surface flaws (and almost all chromes do) It will get a 9 on that as well. Two 9 grades and it will be a 9.0 even if you get 10s for corners and edges.

9 isn't the worst score for a pc item, but if you are looking for a resale then I wouldn't grade it.

Good luck!
X

(06-14-2012, 01:44 PM)jasonmj Wrote: Sorry, but I think the Peavy is a 9 at best. If it has surface flaws (and almost all chromes do) It will get a 9 on that as well. Two 9 grades and it will be a 9.0 even if you get 10s for corners and edges.

9 isn't the worst score for a pc item, but if you are looking for a resale then I wouldn't grade it.

Good luck!
yeah I wouldn't resale any white sox stuff I have almost 20 white sox 1/1's now Smile

Revolving signature

For the sale price why not do it all? I am not into graded cards but if it is PC Beckett slabs are amazing protection...
Justify it like this... Minus the price it would cost you to buy screw downs..... You are only paying 5.50 a piece to have cards graded?

(06-14-2012, 08:26 PM)osujeffrey Wrote: For the sale price why not do it all? I am not into graded cards but if it is PC Beckett slabs are amazing protection...
Justify it like this... Minus the price it would cost you to buy screw downs..... You are only paying 5.50 a piece to have cards graded?
very true... but I don't want to get anything lower than 8.5. because I hate seeing the paper grade instead of metal. It just feels wrong...

Revolving signature

(06-14-2012, 08:29 PM)chasescardcave Wrote: very true... but I don't want to get anything lower than 8.5. because I hate seeing the paper grade instead of metal. It just feels wrong...
You can specify a minimum grade and if it doesn't reach it, then they won't slab it. Of course, I think that you still get charged as if they did slab it.

I'm completely all in on graded cards. So me personally, I wouldn't get any of them graded. I don't want to bust your chops or anything.

I hope that this helps.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(06-15-2012, 07:14 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: You can specify a minimum grade and if it doesn't reach it, then they won't slab it. Of course, I think that you still get charged as if they did slab it.

I'm completely all in on graded cards. So me personally, I wouldn't get any of them graded. I don't want to bust your chops or anything.

I hope that this helps.
yeah I heard that once. but can't you tell them to just authenticate it if it doesn't reach your grade?

Revolving signature

Is there a link for the special deal?

All this graded card talk has made me drink the kool aid...
I have 8 Mantle cards I want to get slabbed, regardless of grade #.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff
Collecting Vintage football and all things Mickey Mantle.
[Image: th_598ff54f.jpg]

(06-15-2012, 09:11 AM)osujeffrey Wrote: Is there a link for the special deal?

All this graded card talk has made me drink the kool aid...
I have 8 Mantle cards I want to get slabbed, regardless of grade #.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff
yeah just go to the grading tab and on the right side of the page there should be the june offer link.

Revolving signature

(06-15-2012, 09:05 AM)chasescardcave Wrote: yeah I heard that once. but can't you tell them to just authenticate it if it doesn't reach your grade?
Yes you can. I just didn't mention it b/c you said you didn't like the white paper labels. The authenticate labels are even worse. They are blue paper labels.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!