`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shipping charges Question??

Shipping charges Question??
I currently have a hold on my $ in Paypal for 21 days for low shipping scores on items sold on the other site. I have 4450+ Positive feedbacks and ZERO negatives. I charge $3 per card shipped with Delivery Confirmation in a top loader for each individual card, sealed in a team bag, in a Padded Envelope, every time. I charge $1 for each additional item purchased up to $5 total shipping maximum per transaction. LMK what you think of my shipping $ and method.
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.

RE: Shipping charges Question??
If i won 3 cards from you and all could be shipped togther in toploaders and didnt add to the shipping, adding $2 bucks for shipping two addtional cards would bug me a bit... although to have a hold on your paypal, that suck... That is overkill IMO

I offer free shipping on everything for $1 to $1000. They cant ding you and you get charged fees for shipping charges now anyway and everyone knows padded with dc will cost you $1.64 for up to 5 cards with paypal. People want something for nothing these days and tho I understand shipping costs and everything its one of those things we're forced to eat now or face the consequences.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

My shipping is $3 no matter how many cards. I offer free shipping on anything I expect to go for over $100. My shipping would be lower but I go to the PO so it's $2.81 at the lowest not lincluding bubble mailer, team bag, sleeve, top loader/magnetic. I lose money but people would complain if it was any higher. PayPal put a hold on my money because I sold too many high-end cards quickly I guess. My account is backed with my bank account and credit cards. Not like they couldn't get the money back from me if there was an issue. I hate how they will release your money as soon as you get feedback but on 50% of my sales people don't leave feedback so I have to wait 21 days.

(03-19-2012, 06:50 PM)delpants Wrote: My shipping is $3 no matter how many cards. I offer free shipping on anything I expect to go for over $100. My shipping would be lower but I go to the PO so it's $2.81 at the lowest not lincluding bubble mailer, team bag, sleeve, top loader/magnetic. I lose money but people would complain if it was any higher. PayPal put a hold on my money because I sold too many high-end cards quickly I guess. My account is backed with my bank account and credit cards. Not like they couldn't get the money back from me if there was an issue. I hate how they will release your money as soon as you get feedback but on 50% of my sales people don't leave feedback so I have to wait 21 days.
My cost by going to the P.O. is $2.81 per item plus gas to get to the P.O. which is no short ride, as well as the cost of the shipping materials. I'm lucky to break even even with the $5 thrown in for multiple items shipped once in a while. I lose $ on the $2.81 trips, but I go the next day regardless of the # of packages. I guess I could wait until the slower people pay and go with a bunch of mailers. But then I risk the items not arriving in a timely fashion. My account is linked to my account and CC also, so it isn't like they can't get a refund. I have a hard time with eBay being a separate business, though owner by the same people, getting involved with my Paypal account. One business should really have nothing to do with the other. Just a little frustrated I guess.
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.

Del - Do you upload the tracking number to paypal? That should release your funds when tracking hits instead of feedback (I think)

Both of you - You could say TONS by printing labels thru paypal and mailing from home. These days they carry the scanner with them (supposed to anyway) and scan right from your house. A $10 scale off ebay will pay for itself in 2 days of mailings. No trips to the PO EVER and you save $1.17 per package.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

Add the handling days into your auctions so it will give you a certain day that way you can make 1-2 trips a week, also do the paypal way. It will cut the costs for you and you can just hand them off to your mailman and even get them to pick the packages up (just like you would send a letter from you house) which would get rid of your trips altogether or you can just do the free shipping and people usually bid a bit more since the shipping is free. All just IMO.

(03-19-2012, 06:57 PM)coachlew10 Wrote: My cost by going to the P.O. is $2.81 per item plus gas to get to the P.O. which is no short ride, as well as the cost of the shipping materials. I'm lucky to break even even with the $5 thrown in for multiple items shipped once in a while. I lose $ on the $2.81 trips, but I go the next day regardless of the # of packages. I guess I could wait until the slower people pay and go with a bunch of mailers. But then I risk the items not arriving in a timely fashion. My account is linked to my account and CC also, so it isn't like they can't get a refund. I have a hard time with eBay being a separate business, though owner by the same people, getting involved with my Paypal account. One business should really have nothing to do with the other. Just a little frustrated I guess.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

I do free shipping and just build the cost of what I would charge for shipping into either the starting bid price or BIN price, so for example a card I would start at .99 with 3.00 shipping would just start at 3.99 with free shipping. That way they cant ding you on the shipping rating. You get charged a final value fee that includes the shipping, so the same amount comes out in fees anyway.
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

Print labels from home and drop them off at any PO box. I do 2.50 per card -.50 extra - max out at 3.50. If they buy 4 cards - I do priority mail (don't pay for the box so no envelope fee cost).

That's with penny sleeve/ top loader/ team bag.

Hey - I look at it this way - some people will spend .99 on a card if they know they are getting .50 shipping. I rarely ship one card in a mailer - most of my buyers buy 2-3 cards from me at a time.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(03-19-2012, 07:05 PM)branesergen Wrote: Del - Do you upload the tracking number to paypal? That should release your funds when tracking hits instead of feedback (I think)

Both of you - You could say TONS by printing labels thru paypal and mailing from home. These days they carry the scanner with them (supposed to anyway) and scan right from your house. A $10 scale off ebay will pay for itself in 2 days of mailings. No trips to the PO EVER and you save $1.17 per package.
I do upload the DC#. When I checked last time, the DC showed delivered 3/5 but on 3/12 I still didn't have the money. I'm not that concerned when it is items like these with a total of $10 but when I sell a card for $800 it's a little annoying. I haven't done the print labels at home thing because I move too much. I can't carry anything nonessential. I only keep what fits in my car. I am currently selling my furniture, TV, etc. for the third time in 18 months to move again this Friday.