`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shipping charges Question??

RE: Shipping charges Question??
(03-19-2012, 06:38 PM)coachlew10 Wrote: I currently have a hold on my $ in Paypal for 21 days for low shipping scores on items sold on the other site. I have 4450+ Positive feedbacks and ZERO negatives. I charge $3 per card shipped with Delivery Confirmation in a top loader for each individual card, sealed in a team bag, in a Padded Envelope, every time. I charge $1 for each additional item purchased up to $5 total shipping maximum per transaction. LMK what you think of my shipping $ and method.
People expect things for free, Paypal thinks they can control your money. It's just a way for the monster to get fatter. I think your prices are spot on.
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

Right.....but you can't fight something that big.....you either have to play the game they want or adapt and overcome.......

(03-19-2012, 08:34 PM)warcraftin Wrote: People expect things for free, Paypal thinks they can control your money. It's just a way for the monster to get fatter. I think your prices are spot on.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

Definitely agree with most here... I wouldn't ding you for the $3 shipping as that is normal nowadays. It's the combined shipping that would chap me. I don't like to pay more than .50 for each extra.

You've got to get on the paypal label thing, it's a requirement!!! Delpants, you've got to go to the library or kinkos or something my friend! Save yourself the extra cost of the PO.
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

good question and if you "advertise" those rates in your auctions show Paypal and they should help you out with your predicament ..... I've run into the same situation in past and I showed ebay all my running auctions and how I posted my shipping rates etc. and they stopped giving me grief Smile

I hate when folks give me grief over charging $2.99 shipping when it's clear what I charge in all my auctions Sad but you can't please everyone all the time Smile

I charge $1.99 and .10 cents for each additional card. I have 5s across the board.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(03-19-2012, 06:38 PM)coachlew10 Wrote: I currently have a hold on my $ in Paypal for 21 days for low shipping scores on items sold on the other site. I have 4450+ Positive feedbacks and ZERO negatives. I charge $3 per card shipped with Delivery Confirmation in a top loader for each individual card, sealed in a team bag, in a Padded Envelope, every time. I charge $1 for each additional item purchased up to $5 total shipping maximum per transaction. LMK what you think of my shipping $ and method.
I have a jold on my PayPal for the same reason as well. I charged $4 for a lot of 20+ jersey and/or autographed cards and 3 people gave me low stars. It takes a year before you have the hold removed. Mine is lifted sometime next month.

I caved in and decided to just ship for free. Why? Because you automatically get 5 stars for shipping. I also hoped it would shorten my hold, but no. Anyway, eBay is pretty much making people ship for free, so I do too now. Best advice I can give you is to stop with the intricate shipping pricing method and ship for free. It eliminates a potential hassle, or an ACTUAL hassle in both our cases.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

Last fall Ebay started putting holds on the money for shippers that hadn't met certain requirements. In January Paypal randomly started doing the same thing. They held up my account for a month and then reviewed it and I no longer have anything held. When I called and asked they said there was no specific reason for it they were just going to start doing a review with everyones accounts. If you use DC then you can call paypal once it shows it's delivered and usually they will release your money within 24 hours. Everytime i called it was usually done right then.

I charge $2.50 for shipping and everything goes in a penny sleeve and toploader and then a bubble mailer. usually I don't charge for extra cards as long as they fit in the same envelope. I print all my shipping through ebay so anything 3 ounces or less with DC is $1.64. I buy all my bubble mailers in bulk so generally I only pay .10 to .15 a piece for them. I have never once had one complaint about shipping or about cost. Even the ones I ship to Canada.

I was curious if you could pm where you get your mailers at, that's a good deal and wouldn't mind getting in on that myself. If not thanks also.

(03-20-2012, 12:04 AM)piyn Wrote: Last fall Ebay started putting holds on the money for shippers that hadn't met certain requirements. In January Paypal randomly started doing the same thing. They held up my account for a month and then reviewed it and I no longer have anything held. When I called and asked they said there was no specific reason for it they were just going to start doing a review with everyones accounts. If you use DC then you can call paypal once it shows it's delivered and usually they will release your money within 24 hours. Everytime i called it was usually done right then.

I charge $2.50 for shipping and everything goes in a penny sleeve and toploader and then a bubble mailer. usually I don't charge for extra cards as long as they fit in the same envelope. I print all my shipping through ebay so anything 3 ounces or less with DC is $1.64. I buy all my bubble mailers in bulk so generally I only pay .10 to .15 a piece for them. I have never once had one complaint about shipping or about cost. Even the ones I ship to Canada.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

I was gonna say I get mine for like 8 cents
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(03-20-2012, 12:04 AM)piyn Wrote: Last fall Ebay started putting holds on the money for shippers that hadn't met certain requirements. In January Paypal randomly started doing the same thing. They held up my account for a month and then reviewed it and I no longer have anything held. When I called and asked they said there was no specific reason for it they were just going to start doing a review with everyones accounts. If you use DC then you can call paypal once it shows it's delivered and usually they will release your money within 24 hours. Everytime i called it was usually done right then.
They lifted the hold because you weren't hit with low stars. Both the OP and I were. If you sell something, PayPal will release the funds to pay for the shipping, and if you ship for free, they will release the funds a bit quicker, however, they will keep the hold on for however long they told him.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed