`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best young pitcher??

RE: Best young pitcher??
(02-01-2012, 04:40 PM)zmhower2469 Wrote: Phillies had the least amount of blown saves last year (8). compared to arizonas (13). and they added one of the leagues best closers during the offseason.
We shall see... everyone expected Arizona to be last in the NL West last year, and expected to just hand the Championship to Philly in April. Philly didn't make the Series, and the DBacks won the NL West. However it shakes out, I'll be looking forward to the Philly-Arizona games this year.
*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*

(02-01-2012, 04:49 PM)john1580 Wrote: isnt it alittle off to be including hamels in any of these groups ? Hes been in the league for like 5 yrs now hasn't he ? Hes not old by any stretch, but the "young pitchers" should really be 1 - 3 yr guys topps no ?
Agreed. We've gotten a little off topic here, but it is nice to have some baseball discussion outside of refractors, serial #'s & sticker auto's (although I do love talking about that stuff)

(02-01-2012, 04:52 PM)dbacks08 Wrote: We shall see... everyone expected Arizona to be last in the NL West last year, and expected to just hand the Championship to Philly in April. Philly didn't make the Series, and the DBacks won the NL West. However it shakes out, I'll be looking forward to the Philly-Arizona games this year.
I'll keep you in mind when they're playing. I might go to a game if they're in Arizona.
[Image: zmhower2469.png]

btw i would say stras still has to be considered the best on pure talent. If he stays healthy that kid is gonna be an animal. Moore and pineda have major upside too . I wnt even mention yu darvish in this conversation yet. We've seen too many "awesome" japanese pitchers come here and suck balls

(02-01-2012, 05:13 PM)zmhower2469 Wrote: I'll keep you in mind when they're playing. I might go to a game if they're in Arizona.
Then I might see you there! I live close to Chase Field!
*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*

Put me down for Hellickson.

(02-01-2012, 05:50 PM)minitracer Wrote: Put me down for Hellickson.
yeah i forgot about him...i second that. Id put him right under a healthy stras

Potential and raw talent wise I live the Braves chances with Jurrjens, Hanson, Beachy, Minor, Teheran, Delgado, and Vizcaino, not to mention the vet Tim Hudson who is only behind Halladay in W/L percentage and still putting up 15+ win seasons and a couple solid long relievers as well as Venters and Kimbrel on the back end

My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

(02-01-2012, 05:55 PM)john1580 Wrote: yeah i forgot about him...i second that. Id put him right under a healthy stras
Hellickson isn't even considered the best prospect on his own team.
[Image: zmhower2469.png]

I think, I will go with Kershaw. He is just 23 and already has a Cy Young. Plenty of potential and great future if he doesn't get hurt.