`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best young pitcher??

RE: Best young pitcher??
Julio Teheran.Younger than any of them and just great stuff!From all the braves pages ive been on and what the scouts have to say I would pick him any day of the week.They said he is a young Pedro.

(02-01-2012, 04:18 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: yeah its true but remember wins dont always depend on the pitchers Wink
For a pitcher to get a win, he has to keep his team ahead through at least 5 innings. I'd say that task is pretty solidly on the pitcher's shoulders. Even if you're ahead by 8 runs in the 6th, crazy things have happened due to bad pitching (a la Boston Red Sox, a la Colorado Rockies).
*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*

(02-01-2012, 04:23 PM)dbacks08 Wrote: Prove it.
www.baseballreference.com

Take the FAN out of it and put the FACT into it

(02-01-2012, 04:24 PM)dbacks08 Wrote: For a pitcher to get a win, he has to keep his team ahead through at least 5 innings. I'd say that task is pretty solidly on the pitcher's shoulders. Even if you're ahead by 8 runs in the 6th, crazy things have happened due to bad pitching (a la Boston Red Sox, a la Colorado Rockies).
yeah i gotcha, i just meant that maybe the bullpen can blow the lead they were left with and the starter doesnt get the W, or maybe their offense is shut down and he gives up 1 run for example and he loses.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(02-01-2012, 04:26 PM)bennyfunk Wrote: www.baseballreference.com

Take the FAN out of it and put the FACT into it
The whole point of baseball is to BE a FAN! I don't need some statistician's logic to know that my team has the best pitching duo in all of baseball! The win-loss record is what matters most, not BABIPs and BEEBOPs and BIGBADWOLVES, lol.

And I'd hope every single other baseball fan in the world feels exactly the same way.
*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*

(02-01-2012, 04:15 PM)dbacks08 Wrote: Agreed! Just some quick stats:

Duo of Hamels/Worley 2009-2011: 48-35 record with a combined 3.27 ERA

Duo of Kennedy/Hudson 2009-2011: 56-29 record with a combined 3.25 ERA

Both great duos, but Kennedy/Hudson have been more effective for sure at getting the wins!
worley/hamels 2011- era-2.945, 25-12, win% 67.5

Kennedy/Hudson 2011- era- 3.185, 37-16, win% 69.8

pretty much a split down the middle as far as performance, but a lot less pressure on worley and hamels since they have papelon in the bullpen and halladay and lee in the rotation.
[Image: zmhower2469.png]

(02-01-2012, 04:33 PM)zmhower2469 Wrote: worley/hamels 2011- era-2.945, 25-12, win% 67.5

Kennedy/Hudson 2011- era- 3.185, 37-16, win% 69.8

pretty much a split down the middle as far as performance, but a lot less pressure on worley and hamels since they have papelon in the bullpen and halladay and lee in the rotation.
I dunno, I'd say we did pretty darn good with the Hernandez-Putz setup and closer duo in our bullpen.

(02-01-2012, 04:24 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: Julio Teheran.Younger than any of them and just great stuff!From all the braves pages ive been on and what the scouts have to say I would pick him any day of the week.They said he is a young Pedro.
I think all the young Braves pitchers are gonna be good. IDK if it will be Maddux/Smoltz/Glavine good but I think there is a good chance of a very nice rotation for many years of Teheran/Delgado/Minor. Throw in a healthy Hanson and Arodys on the back end if he doesn't stay in the bullpen and the Braves have a complete rotation of pretty young pitchers.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

(02-01-2012, 04:34 PM)dbacks08 Wrote: I dunno, I'd say we did pretty darn good with the Hernandez-Putz setup and closer duo in our bullpen.
Phillies had the least amount of blown saves last year (8). compared to arizonas (13). and they added one of the leagues best closers during the offseason.
[Image: zmhower2469.png]

isnt it alittle off to be including hamels in any of these groups ? Hes been in the league for like 5 yrs now hasn't he ? Hes not old by any stretch, but the "young pitchers" should really be 1 - 3 yr guys topps no ?