`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best young pitcher??

RE: Best young pitcher??
Looks like many people aren't really going with your choices...I'll go with Matt Moore. Floridian sports fans have two Matt Moores to root for, haha!
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

They do in fact have two to root for, but one probably ain't gonna be around long- shame too cuz if the Fins don't get a *healthy* Peyton Manning or trade up for RG3 he's probably the best option... I'm pretty sure Matt Flynn=Kevin Kolb. Rather have Matty Moore

is it possible to be objective at all about this topic or is everyone going to just say whatever young pitchers that are on the team that they root for ? The mets pitching sucks so i cnt do that unless you like watching mike pelfrey lick himself on the mound

(02-02-2012, 07:40 AM)john1580 Wrote: is it possible to be objective at all about this topic or is everyone going to just say whatever young pitchers that are on the team that they root for ? The mets pitching sucks so i cnt do that unless you like watching mike pelfrey lick himself on the mound
seems like everybody waters their own lawn Wink lol

Its totally expected cause you figure each one follows their teams minor league system or at least more about them than you do of prospects from other teams.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(02-02-2012, 07:40 AM)john1580 Wrote: is it possible to be objective at all about this topic or is everyone going to just say whatever young pitchers that are on the team that they root for ? The mets pitching sucks so i cnt do that unless you like watching mike pelfrey lick himself on the mound
Right... The initial question was limited to 3 pitchers with a COMBINED less than 200 innings pitched in the majors- all but 10 or so coming from Strasburg- yet, the the answer of which would you take for the next 5 years: Moore, Darvish or Strasburg? has provided us with...

Michael Pineda, Julio Theran, Cole Hamels (drafted in like 02; already pitched 5 years in the majors??) to name a few. It's lead to some off topic debate about the best young pitching "tandems" in MLB (sorry but Vance Worley is NOT part of the best anything); the best rotations in baseball (always nice to get a TIM HUDSON reference in the "Best young pitcher??" thread)... so, YEAH, I guess it's hard to be objective as a true fan, but I guess that's the coolest part about being a fan...

Oops my bad didnt think my comment would spark a debate lol i apologize if i ruined the point of your thread if its any consulation i cant see Darvish bieng any different than any asian pitcher.I just thought I would add in how proud i was to have such a talented young pitching duo hahSmile
[Image: dbacksfanbanner_zps7dd6450d.png]

Randy Johnson and Dan Haren Collector

(02-02-2012, 03:59 PM)dbacksfan Wrote: Oops my bad didnt think my comment would spark a debate lol i apologize if i ruined the point of your thread if its any consulation i cant see Darvish bieng any different than any asian pitcher.I just thought I would add in how proud i was to have such a talented young pitching duo hahSmile
Come on bro- don't give yourself credit for ruining anything.

The point made was that it's nice to see a simple question spark such passionate discussion. Sometimes its cool to talk baseball without talking baseball cards...

Oh, and I think each one of us would have a talented young duo if they pitched in the NL West (we saw what 1/2 you're duo did in the AL East). J/K man...